Forum » FFXI » General » SE needs to stop holding out
SE needs to stop holding out
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-07-29 20:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

They really need to design an expansion that has a better lore+longterm activity goal tie-in like ToAU. Everything in ToAU was thematically strong, and a majority of the activities couldnt be rushed through to cap out on gear, and also fed into mythic building.

SoA is still feels like a bunch of loosely tied together things.
The revamp battlefield updates that arent tied to SoA that drop random gear are getting a bit old too.

The only thing that i'm really looking forward to is empy reforge because it has a strong purpose (no random aug bs, and it enhances JAs). Also I like making RMEs still >.>

I'd still like for them to add ergon weapons for the other 20 jobs. I wish SE understood there isnt much satisfaction in spamming a 6man bcnm/delve for weapons and that alot of players like something a bit more involved.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-07-29 20:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Funkysloth said: »
If a new expansion did come out, it would only be for pc and xbox users. The ps3 storage capacity is already maxed out.
Good thing the game was never released on the PS3, but no the PS2 storage isn't maxed out, they have more room, unfortunately they don't produce the discs or sell them anymore in the US, so the only way to deliver the content would be for them to download it via POL, which they should have done for Adoulin, but they didn't.

Even if they produced the discs, there's no market to deliver them from, as they wouldn't be able to get anyone to carry the game.

inb4 somebody going on about PS2 limitations incorrectly again.
[+]
By Thorsson 2014-07-29 20:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
They really need to design an expansion that has a better lore+longterm activity goal tie-in like ToAU. Everything in ToAU was thematically strong, and a majority of the activities couldnt be rushed through to cap out on gear, and also fed into mythic building.

SoA is still feels like a bunch of loosely tied together things.
The revamp battlefield updates that arent tied to SoA that drop random gear are getting a bit old too.

The only thing that i'm really looking forward to is empy reforge because it has a strong purpose (no random aug bs, and it enhances JAs). Also I like making RMEs still >.>

I'd still like for them to add ergon weapons for the other 20 jobs. I wish SE understood there isnt much satisfaction in spamming a 6man bcnm/delve for weapons and that alot of players like something a bit more involved.

ToAU also had Odin....
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-07-29 23:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Good thing the game was never released on the PS3, but no the PS2 storage isn't maxed out, they have more room, unfortunately they don't produce the discs or sell them anymore in the US, so the only way to deliver the content would be for them to download it via POL, which they should have done for Adoulin, but they didn't.

Even if they produced the discs, there's no market to deliver them from, as they wouldn't be able to get anyone to carry the game.

I heard that the last disc that was ever released in Japan for the PS2 was the Adoulin install disc...

So if they come up with a new expansion they have to either let people install them through downloads (technically it been possible since day 1 of this game, but it would mean breaching the contract they have with SONY as SONY earn from each disc sold) or finally bury the PS2 completely.
 Lakshmi.Cledant
Server: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2014-07-30 00:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
I'm doubting there are 100,000 active subscriptions to ffxi.
I'd guess like 25,000-35,000 max.
25,000 would be the right number, 70% of those players are japanese.
This game needs a server merge asap. Some friends returned to play ffxi, But it's very hard to do content atm because the game is too dead, naakuals are roaming around Lakshmi, parties takes forever to form in order to do arks or any other event that req more players, because the low population.

It's just sad srsly. Everyone is aware of this problem, idk why they keep ignoring it. Only hardcore players remains.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-07-30 00:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cledant said: »
This game needs a server merge asap. Some friends returned to play ffxi, But it's very hard to do content atm because the game is too dead, naakuals are roaming around Lakshmi, parties takes forever to form in order to do arks or any other event that req more players, because the low population.

It's just sad srsly. Everyone is aware of this problem, idk why they keep ignoring it. Only hardcore players remains.

At 10:52pm PST Shiva has 701 online. It's about that time where PST primetime dies down but the JPs are still at work. In around 5-6 hours though, that 701 number will balloon to over 1000 easily.
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-07-30 01:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

why dont we all just say *** it and all move to one server?

for every 1 person that has asked for a server merge took 2 friends to one server, im sure thier will be enough players on the server to satisfy.

honestly, its not about the amount of ppl on the server, its more about the quality of players.

of course merging would help that regardless, but it would be no better than if we networked on our own and got together.

besides at least we can some what control who/what we get on the server.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-30 01:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mariane said: »
Jetackuu said: »

I heard that the last disc that was ever released in Japan for the PS2 was the Adoulin install disc...

So if they come up with a new expansion they have to either let people install them through downloads (technically it been possible since day 1 of this game, but it would mean breaching the contract they have with SONY as SONY earn from each disc sold) or finally bury the PS2 completely.

I'm pretty sure they could just pay Sony off, I mean they got them to extend the partition size, no?

As to the others that keep talking about a server merge: *** off, seriously.
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2014-07-30 01:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I said this before on another thread where some1 asked why they have not done a merge yet and i think main reason is cause there making a pretty penny on all the people jumping back and forth between servers.
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2014-07-30 02:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

id love t see a merger need some new blood
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-07-30 03:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It's west, and it can be 4 things:

1. Retconned and it's actually Adoulin(unlikely)
2, A legend and doesn't actually exist(unlikely too)
3. Further than Ra'Kaznar(we don't see the whole continent on map so who knows..though youd wonder how the hell they traveled to Quon)
4. Long gone(like the Olduum civilization in the east)

Maybe I'm imagining things, but I swear I remember reading the Elvaan homeland was to the far north, but they were pushed out by the Orcs. I always assumed the Orcs/Gigas just kinda took things over.

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
New expansion when it comes out will take place on the moon.

FFIV did it, make it happen. Actually now that I think on it, that sounds more like something XIV would add lol. "Golbez is attacking from the moon, travel there and stop him!"
By Altimaomega 2014-07-30 03:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Gencay said: »

I said this before on another thread where some1 asked why they have not done a merge yet and i think main reason is cause there making a pretty penny on all the people jumping back and forth between servers.

This 100%

Shiva.Siviard said: »

At 10:52pm PST Shiva has 701 online. It's about that time where PST primetime dies down but the JPs are still at work. In around 5-6 hours though, that 701 number will balloon to over 1000 easily.

With 80% of both numbers AFK (Long Time).

However, all you need to play this game is 6 people. Its more difficult to find 6 reliable people, than any of the content. Not saying you can't solo, duo, quad-box w/e. But isn't that ***getting old? (This is still a MMO right?)
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-07-30 05:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
However, all you need to play this game is 6 people. Its more difficult to find 6 reliable people, than any of the content. Not saying you can't solo, duo, quad-box w/e. But isn't that ***getting old? (This is still a MMO right?)

I spent about 20-30mins shouting for a last member for Tojil yday with a server population of ~500. I was looking for a DD/brd/whm/sch/rdm - so pretty much everything. No bites and ended up dual boxing a mnk.

:(
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-07-30 06:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Malothar said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It's west, and it can be 4 things:

1. Retconned and it's actually Adoulin(unlikely)
2, A legend and doesn't actually exist(unlikely too)
3. Further than Ra'Kaznar(we don't see the whole continent on map so who knows..though youd wonder how the hell they traveled to Quon)
4. Long gone(like the Olduum civilization in the east)

Maybe I'm imagining things, but I swear I remember reading the Elvaan homeland was to the far north, but they were pushed out by the Orcs. I always assumed the Orcs/Gigas just kinda took things over.

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
New expansion when it comes out will take place on the moon.

FFIV did it, make it happen. Actually now that I think on it, that sounds more like something XIV would add lol. "Golbez is attacking from the moon, travel there and stop him!"

The homeland of the Elvaan is on the western continent somewhere its called Aldiaine.... very similar to Adoulin though. It could very will be far to the west and we just havent been that far before or it could be Ra'kaznar and the locals just know it as a different name. North is where the Orcish empire and the gigas are based and the only recorded people to have gone there is Excenmille with a group of elvaan soldiers and the Manthra dude.

Btw we have already been to the moon.
 Lakshmi.Cledant
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2014-07-30 07:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Feary said: »
why dont we all just say *** it and all move to one server?

for every 1 person that has asked for a server merge took 2 friends to one server, im sure thier will be enough players on the server to satisfy.

honestly, its not about the amount of ppl on the server, its more about the quality of players.

of course merging would help that regardless, but it would be no better than if we networked on our own and got together.

besides at least we can some what control who/what we get on the server.
None of this make sense to being with
By Wordspoken 2014-07-30 08:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Come on, server merge isn't a magical autowin button that helps the game. SE could merge servers or you could form a shell and/or network teamup more efficiently. I can come up with many things which are against server merge, it's more complicated than that.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2014-07-30 08:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
Altimaomega said: »

I spent about 20-30mins shouting for a last member for Tojil yday with a server population of ~500. I was looking for a DD/brd/whm/sch/rdm - so pretty much everything. No bites and ended up dual boxing a mnk.

:(

Sadly, I could fill 3 of those 5 roles for you, but you play too early for me. :(
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cledant
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2014-07-30 09:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
Come on, server merge isn't a magical autowin button that helps the game. SE could merge servers or you could form a shell and/or network teamup more efficiently. I can come up with many things which are against server merge, it's more complicated than that.
Nobody said that it's a magical button to win. It's just very difficult to play endgame content because the lack of population, the game is designed to play with more people in order to complete AArks/naakuals and adoulin bosses .ect, linkshells just doesn't work. Not enough people@ on lakshmi and valefor/other empty servers, and it's just sad that most hardcore players need to 4/5 box to get things done.
 Bismarck.Herzins
Server: Bismarck
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2014-07-30 09:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody said that it's a magical button to win. It's just very difficult to play endgame content because the lack of population, the game is designed to play with more people in order to complete AArks/naakuals and adoulin bosses .ect, linkshells just doesn't work. Not enough people@ on lakshmi and valefor/other empty servers, and it's just sad that most hardcore players need to 4/5 box to get things done.

Yup, but some hardcore players rather 4/5 box than get people to help :/
[+]
 Leviathan.Redherring
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-30 10:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

linkshells just doesn't work.

join/make a better or more active linkshell.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 11:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

kujataseraphi13 said: »
If they open up more areas and advertised it I am sure people will be interested and / or return to the game. Just please no panda kung fu masters.

The Pandarin are the only (able to be) Horde-based race that isn't a bunch of total shitheads. Give them a break.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-07-30 11:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Herzins said: »

LOL!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-07-30 11:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

As a player who has never had more than one active subscription and has never bought a mule ever in the history of this game, I hate this idea. Sure, getting things done is much easier, but at what cost? More Real Life money. That is the real RMT we should be concerned about: tha we have to actually dual/tri box ***just to get things done, because the playerbase is so limited (or rather the good players).

To me, needing a mule to hold all of your gear is bad game design. Having to use 2-4 accounts just to get something done is bad game design. I understand why players do it, but this should only be used for players who choose to do things alone and not have to deal with other players. Having that as the norm is not ok. The Trust magic initiative is a great step, but even that pushes players apart to do things alone. If they make the opportunity to make full trust parties and we can manipulate their actions and battle mechanics in a pre-set format, I'd be all for that. As it stands the trusts are just cool to look at and help cure. They cant tank or deal damage on anything worth a damn for ***.
 Leviathan.Redherring
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-30 11:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Quote:

As a player who has never had more than one active subscription and has never bought a mule ever in the history of this game, I hate this idea. Sure, getting things done is much easier, but at what cost? More Real Life money. That is the real RMT we should be concerned about: tha we have to actually dual/tri box ***just to get things done, because the playerbase is so limited (or rather the good players).

To me, needing a mule to hold all of your gear is bad game design. Having to use 2-4 accounts just to get something done is bad game design. I understand why players do it, but this should only be used for players who choose to do things alone and not have to deal with other players. Having that as the norm is not ok. The Trust magic initiative is a great step, but even that pushes players apart to do things alone. If they make the opportunity to make full trust parties and we can manipulate their actions and battle mechanics in a pre-set format, I'd be all for that. As it stands the trusts are just cool to look at and help cure. They cant tank or deal damage on anything worth a damn for ***.

i have all my gear on one character and have no issues or lack of gear.

there are linkshells and groups out there, they are not hard to find. we are always taking in people that are active, versatile, and have a good attitude. sometimes only two out of the three.

also people instead of spending their time complaining about stuff they could make their own group or work on becoming more versatile to join such a group.

i really do not see what is so different now from 2006. back then there were groups that got stuff done, groups that failed, and social groups. if anything it is much easier now to take on the "end game" content the it was back in 2006.

there is no competing for HNMs, no farming pop items, no restrictions on how often you can do fights.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 11:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Herzins said: »

I can't imagine four-boxing. Ugh.

That said, hey. If my options are to two-box something difficult or shout up 4-5 more people for it to be easy, but I have to depending on questionably-skilled/motivated players...

...I'll two-box it.
 Leviathan.Redherring
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-30 11:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

i do not two box much, i mostly only two box things like dyna trials so i do not have to drag someone else out to help me do something easy that i could even do solo.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 11:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Redherring said: »
i do not two box much, i mostly only two box things like dyna trials so i do not have to drag someone else out to help me do something easy that i could even do solo.

My midget man servant is more or less always by my side except for some linkshell events where we're full up, or on the rare occasion I'm doing something easy enough to be solo.*

*easy enough to solo and he can't benefit from too.
[+]
 Leviathan.Redherring
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-30 11:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
My midget man servant is more or less always by my side except for some linkshell events where we're full up, or on the rare occasion I'm doing something easy enough to be solo.

i like the idea of this, i think if i had a 2nd monitor i would probably do it more. i prefer to play in full screen for my main and get annoyed with the alt tabbing.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 11:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Redherring said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
My midget man servant is more or less always by my side except for some linkshell events where we're full up, or on the rare occasion I'm doing something easy enough to be solo.

i like the idea of this, i think if i had a 2nd monitor i would probably do it more. i prefer to play in full screen for my main and get annoyed with the alt tabbing.

It doesn't bother me so much. But I alt-tab out of window a lot anyhow.

Truthfully, another reason it's so rare for me to not two box anymore is that I've grown so accustomed to it that it's really hard to focus on just one window. I start tabbing out anyhow by habit.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.