New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » SE needs to stop holding out
SE needs to stop holding out
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By kujataseraphi13 2014-07-29 14:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so they added new gear and reworked the old fights and it's all fun and good but now is the time to stop teasing us and stop dragging @ss.

The planet is called Van diel. But so far we only have access to limited places. The continent of Quon (Sandy. Basty, Windy) then they gave Tavnazia, fine. After a long while acess to Aradijah (Aht urghan) and then, only access to part of this continent. Again we waited and they tossed out Abyssea. That lasted all of two seconds and finally Ulbuka (Adoulain ).

When are they going to give us access to:

Aldiaine - Ancestral home of the Elves.
Zhwa - the land / country that lies to the east of Aht Urghan.
The mithra continent - this place has a lot of back story already in play.
The Antican lair - according to what is written this place houses hundreds if not millions of mobs to kill.
Rhazowa - this is the ancestral home of the orc and gigas. Letho, in his manthra description, is said to be wearing the style of clothing worn by the people of this continent.

My point is, all the rehashing of fights is nice but the amount of potential has been largely overlooked. Every one says this game is dieing but in my humble opinion we have not even tapped what can be done.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-29 14:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

We haven't tapped half the great lore we could and chances are we never will.

Even more backstory into already-existing areas with additional zones as a form of mini-expansion would be neat.

Wouldn't count on any of it though.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-29 14:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
chances are we never will.
People said the same before Adoulin and when it came out I said on this very forum they could all suck on a big juicy d!
[+]
 Leviathan.Redherring
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-29 15:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

before adouline didnt they say they were only going to do mini expansions like MKD ASA and ACP.

i dont expect another expansion but never know.
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2014-07-29 15:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

kujataseraphi13 said: »
The planet is called Van diel.

Actually...it's called "Vana'diel"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-07-29 15:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quit yer babblin'. The game is already as dead as can be. Let's focus on something more important, like the next server merge. Or would you rather have new lands and zones that will remain largely empty and unexplored because your trusts aren't competent enough to carry you through them?

There aren't even enough players as it is to do the current content. Stretching the land out further is not the first item on Square's agenda.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-29 15:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
chances are we never will.
People said the same before Adoulin and when it came out I said on this very forum they could all suck on a big juicy d!

Yeah, but I never said so then. I knew they were planning another big xpac before the end.

But I don't see them doing another. I'd love to be wrong, though.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-29 15:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Quit yer babblin'. The game is already as dead as can be. Let's focus on something more important, like the next server merge. Or would you rather have new lands and zones that will remain largely empty and unexplored because your trusts aren't competent enough to carry you through them?

There aren't even enough players as it is to do the current content. Stretching the land out further is not the first item on Square's agenda.

Apparently Bismarck is the most active server in the game, then, because it's rare I don't see people shouting for something or have something to do and people to do it with.
[+]
 Leviathan.Redherring
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-29 15:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

no, no server merge.

speak for yourself, ive gotten everything i wanted from new events long ago. do rely on shouts and trusts get yourself with an active group.
[+]
 Leviathan.Redherring
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-29 15:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

and i actually do like the zones being largely empty.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-07-29 15:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

This is how I see this whole mess

SE has no game plan. They used to give us a nice yearly timeline of their developments but that no longer is the case, especially when a ton of them fell off / ignored / they didn't care.

We certainly don't see the bigger picture that they probably do. We're given monthly patches to keep us busy and that seems to do the trick so far...I guess. These random 'Campaigns' are simply a test case to see what people are actually interested in, which they'll probably take back and apply it later or reuse. (I'm probably giving them way more credit here). But it can be attributed to trending of participation + subscription, etc, other stats they have access to.

I personally wish a lot of their Campaigns would just become standard at this point. Stop teasing us with short turn around double exp bs, double papers, coffer upgrades, campaign extra loot. I get that its a luring strategy but come onnnnnnn. I agree with the OP, SE continues to drag their feet, but understanding its all about $$$$ to them. Money and Casual players is at the top of their agenda. Beyond that, I doubt we'll see any new regions or continents beyond SoA anytime soon. Maybe in 5 years if this is still going. We'll see.....
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-07-29 15:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly it seems they are powering us up for something, I hope something big is in the works again. If anything, its nice they are making small adjustments to content and making things accessible.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-07-29 15:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think SE would introduce a system as complex as their macro equipment sets and not introduce anything to follow up with it. It might be a few months+ a way but I'm sure they plan to utilize their new system for a difficulty increase of some sort.

I don't think it's something as grand as a new continent revealed/released, but I'm sure there is content to go along with this update in time.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-07-29 15:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

In my pov, i believe devs main priority, this year, have been about the games playability. Just check out what have been done this year: trusts, adjustment of trusts, trying to find a balance between jobs, hp, easing requirement, large amount of qol changes, and now the long waited native gear swap. Its no little things, and also it isnt stuffs that can be developed overnight. Require research, test, etc. And the price of this research is that there are less people participating of content development. Because a good number should be trying to revamp this game to become more user friendly.

Second priority would be trying to pump interst in old content, and come in play the reforged gear.

Ofc, they just cant aford leaving this game forgotten for so long. So, they should have choosen to do quicks content release to gives people something to do for a time while they focus in their goals.

Maybe when they finish all their game sustem changes we can hope a more elaborated content. For now, all i can see in those battlefields and campaigns an atempt to gain time and hold subscriptions till they can definitively move forward.
By Hinamori 2014-07-29 15:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Something is afoot.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-07-29 15:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone happen to have info on how many subs FFXI currently has?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-29 15:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Does anyone happen to have info on how many subs FFXI currently has?
Some.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-29 15:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now it seems they're trying to find a balance between making everything accessible to hardcore players via hard battles and coming up with strategies (which right now is just people shouting for i119 only rngs, whms, & brds) versus people who have to grind everything (RoE).

The trusts just seem more of a convenience at this point, rather than bugging people to party with you and waiting hours on end. Hence why they aren't allowed everywhere yet. They might even toy with allowing a full party of trusts and allowing only one to enter with you in certain areas like Abyssea or Dynamis. While solable for the most part, it sure would make grinding these areas a little more enjoyable.

No sense in making old content harder, but it does provide valuable research into how to make new areas workable for all types of players.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-29 15:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

San d'Oria and Bastok are on the Northern continent of Quon, while Windurst is on the continent of Mindartia.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2014-07-29 15:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I can posably see 1 more expansion. I think adoulin is getting close to finishing. it will probly be finsihed by the end of the year or early next year. I do remember reading a interview with one of the devs of the game. they did say 2 expansions where in the works and that was pre adoulin.
By kujataseraphi13 2014-07-29 16:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct about the continent where Windy is located. And yes, the planet is Vana'diel.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-07-29 16:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously, the far Western continent is Ulbuka/Adoulin. Appearance is different, since this map is either fan made, or released by SE ages ago, I'm not sure. But it shows all of the continents that have been talked about in side and back stories/missions.

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-29 16:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Obviously, the far Western continent is Ulbuka/Adoulin. Appearance is different, since this map is either fan made, or released by SE ages ago, I'm not sure. But it shows all of the continents that have been talked about in side and back stories/missions.

Makes sense that the 'western' continent is Adoulin with all its colonization lingo, lmao.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-07-29 16:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

super fan made.
[+]
By kujataseraphi13 2014-07-29 16:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome map but still, it doesn't show the location of the Antican main base of operations.

Add to the list, Domina Shantotto's home dimension as well as the dimension where all those demons come from.

SE can't introduce that kind of thing then leave it hanging out there. I know I am asking for too much but one can hope.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-07-29 16:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I really, highly doubt there will be another full expansion. No, I don't care that people said the same before SoA.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-29 16:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome map but still, it doesn't show the location of the Antican main base of operations.
It's on the island of Kuzotz, there is no other place. Antican loathe water(we know this cause it's the main reason they don't destroy Bastok during the great war - Bastok destroyed the tunnel to seal them off knowing they wouldn't go to sea).
They're ants, it's somwhere under all that sand.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-29 16:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I really, highly doubt there will be another full expansion. No, I don't care that people said the same before SoA.
Eat me Kojo!!! Eat me!!
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-07-29 16:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It's on the island of Kuzotz, there is no other place. Antican loathe water(we know this cause it's the main reason they don't destroy Bastok during the great war - Bastok destroyed the tunnel to seal them off knowing they wouldn't go to sea).
They're ants, it's somwhere under all that sand.
The Quicksand Caves was once the Galka homeland, IIRC the Galka shared the island region of Kuzotz with the Antica who eventually invaded and took them out. Where exactly the Antica were prior to this is never revealed as far as I know, but my assumption would be that huge ant-hill in the middle of the desert.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-07-29 16:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm with you Anna. I don't expect a full expansion anytime soon if any at all.

I also don't buy the idea of something big coming based on the gearswap feature-like addition. SE is known to be behind QoL related ideas since the beginning. They are just late in the game per usual. All I can see is more and more items/accessories/situation stuff to make better use of their new gear system.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6