Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Sylph » Recently Returned BLU Looking for Delve Shell
Recently Returned BLU Looking for Delve Shell
By Greyheim 2014-07-27 00:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Just came back after a ~1yr long hiatus, looking for an open-minded (read: not of the "MONK/SAM/WHM/BRD/ETC ONLY" mindset) shell to clear some content. Skirmish farming would be a plus, but Delve is my priority atm.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-07-27 02:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

youll have a hard time accomplishing your task in the way your pitching it. if youre looking for an open-minded shell, then youre gonna wanna be open minded(*im speaking about your disdain towards the common meta game, and the fact you only mentioned blu in your title, im not being negative though). why would an open-minded shell openly recruit closed minded people? you should instead seek a shell that has others who are in your position/have been in your position/care about your position, rather than gameplay-ism mindset.

im part of a group on my server that does events like delve and skirmish on event nights (wed thurs sat) that include people in the shell (even though im in a different shell, my mule uses their shell, of which im close friends with their leaders since before the shell was created, two of which started the game recently, as recent as 5 months ago in fact) that have only a few jobs to offer, like just pup and smn or even just blu. as long as you are willing to work as a team, die as a team, and are willing to change your concrete beliefs as evidence approaches, eventually realizing (and by extension accepting) through experience what is required of you and of a party to do an event, youre more than welcome to transfer and join the shell that im talking about. they are genuinely willing to guide those in your position to where they want to go. just PM me for details.
By Greyheim 2014-07-27 02:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I apologize if my post came across as closed-minded, I should have taken more time to write it out more thoroughly. I do have other jobs leveled (including Samurai), but I prefer playing my Blue Mage. The reason I didn't post my other jobs is that BLU is what I enjoy playing, and what I would want to bring to events.

I don't really have any concrete beliefs with regards to the game other than believing that people should be able to experience content on the jobs they enjoy playing the most. I understand that bringing certain combinations of jobs makes some events a lot easier, but easy content doesn't always make for fun. A lot of the enjoyment I get comes from setting a goal and accomplishing it, even if it requires hard work and dedication.

I appreciate your generous offer, but I still have some friends on Sylph that I would miss if I were to transfer off.
 Asura.Triffle
Server: Asura
user: Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-07-27 02:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know about the other Delves, but I know BLU works very nicely for the Bee.
By fractalvoid 2014-07-27 05:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU is fine for all of delve1. Delve2 however, I doubt it'd do well in.

edit: I lied - admittedly I never tried using my BLU in delve2 cos pewpew and stuff.
 Carbuncle.Arcksan
user: Pluton
By Carbuncle.Arcksan 2014-07-27 06:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU is great for yorcia and kamir. Never tried at Marjami because we always use a RNG strat.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-07-27 08:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, BLU should be fine for all delve minus Marjami. However, do make sure that you have both CDC and Requiescat.

Also, you may need to make some gear upgrades before jumping right in.
By Greyheim 2014-07-27 15:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I've been farming for spark gear to start getting ready. Once I have a bit more of that I plan on trying to join some of these revamped AA shouts I keep seeing. Other than that my kit is pretty standard, upgraded af3 with some WKR stuff here and there.
 Carbuncle.Drygell
user: valkhyr
By Carbuncle.Drygell 2014-07-27 16:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

with the meta game the way it is right now you'll need a very open minded group (one you'll probably end up making yourself) to clear up and farm the content you're talking about. up to last year i was a main blu as well with game shifting the way it did i swapped to playing drk then cor ... i've now got a fully decked out( or very close) cor that can mele and do more than decent dmg on pretty much all curent content and pretty decent drk and i'm just now starting to look back at gearing my blu for my enjoyement and solo/duo content/farming ... to get back to your post while blu is still nice to play with you might need to gear up properly a couple of other jobs to get access to the content you're looking to farm/clear.