Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » GEO BCNM
GEO BCNM
By deadlier 2014-07-26 13:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone at this fight is it solo GEO only or other can go in if at that fight?
I tried it solo and got it to like 68% twice did not die 15 minutes it seems impossible to solo.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-26 13:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Bruice 2014-07-26 14:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh gawd, that game <3
 Ragnarok.Bleublood
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Bleublood
By Ragnarok.Bleublood 2014-07-26 14:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're talking about the level cap fight for GEO then it is 100% solo. I would suggest getting a lot of hi-potions to help with healing and possibly a Vile elixir +1 to aid in mp recovery as well. Other than that, just keep attempting it and you'll eventually win.
By deadlier 2014-07-26 17:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

no im talking about the fight for ergon weapon upgrade and I just don't think its possible solo. Perhaps you need others to be on that quest also I just don't know. Tried numerous times with hi potions lixers loaded right up and I cant even get to under 50% in 15 mins
By Jadey 2014-07-26 18:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to do the fight solo. Each luopan you destroy takes off a few % of the NMs HP and the easiest way to kill them is to figure out their elemental type and nuke the opposite element while keeping up Indi/Geo-Regen/Refresh. If you don't know what element each spell is, write a list you can refer to mid-fight. If you can't kill the luopans fast enough, get a better nuke set and eat a snowcone. I cleared the fight using a Vile and a Vile +1 in just under 12 minutes and outside of an occasional Geo-Paralyze proc on me it wasn't hard at all.
 Fenrir.Sumy
Server: Fenrir
user: Sumy
By Fenrir.Sumy 2014-08-03 14:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

This was my second attempt, on the first attempt I was unaware you could target the luopans so was relying on -ra spells to hit them -- which quickly used up all my MP. I had a bunch of Hi-Ethers and Hi-Potions ready to go... but as you can see, I didn't use any.

As Jadey says, just nuke with the opposite element as the Luopan, and when he pops a dark Luopan, nuke with Fire.

Geo-Paralyze was mean to me the first time, so in the 2nd run I made conscience effort to run out of the para bubbles -- locking onto a Luopan (or any target for that matter) and running diagonal backward, or forward will allow you to run, even when your weighed down by gravity if you need to get away from Geo-Gravity.

When the Bygone Geomancer is down to 1 or 2% she will stop casting Geo-Spells so you'll need to pull her into your Geo-bubble and use Concentric Pulse to finish her off.

Also, if you fail, you can just go right back in.
By Jadey 2014-08-03 14:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You shouldn't need to Concentric Pulse the Geomancer to finish it, once it was at 1% for me it stopped spawning bubbles and a single Fire 1 onto the NM ended the fight for me.
 Fenrir.Sumy
Server: Fenrir
user: Sumy
By Fenrir.Sumy 2014-08-03 14:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That may be, I just remember in the first battle all of my spells that I cast directly onto her were fully resisted.
By Jadey 2014-08-03 16:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

They are until it goes down to 1% and stops casting luopans.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.