The Difference Between The Failures Of Wii U & XB1

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » The difference between the failures of Wii U & XB1
The difference between the failures of Wii U & XB1
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-07-26 02:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Brain said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
My only issue with Nintendo is indeed how they treat their franchises.

I'm really hyped for the next Smash Bros, but I'm really sad when I look at my copy of F-ZERO GX and I realize that I have yet to play a "next gen" F-ZERO.

I'm enjoying their random games and all (Wonderful 101, FE etc), but no F-ZERO really is disappointing.

Im sure if the Wii U gets in better shape, they'd branch out more in their games. As it stands now, almost anything they produce would do better than F-Zero.

Personally I'd like to see Platinum given the reins.
That's the sad part, yes.

I wonder what could F-ZERO be if they marketed it like they do with Smash Bros.
What Regie did for Smash Bros at EVO was probably bigger than all of the Sakurai videos put together. It shows that Nintendo USA can do great things and bring the hype to levels never seen before.

As someone who works in the video game industry and more specifically in a Japanese company, I would really like it more if the US divisions were given more power, because the Japanese branches won't do what the US branch could.

As for Platinum, to be honest, it's the only reason as to why I purchased a Wii U, that and Smash. Lots of people expect them.
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2014-07-26 02:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Brain said: »
I really wish Nintendo would just come out with it and tell us specifically what Retro Studios is making. They started a new project in January, before finishing touches were done on DKC.

All common sense points to Metroid, but it would be nice to get a conformation.

It's not Metroid if it's 3D! Would be nice to play a 2D Metroid again since Another M was a horrible game.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-26 02:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Jetackuu said: »
If a game isn't fun, then there's no point in playing it.

Fun is a subjective term. Some people have fun accounting on Excel spreadsheets for 12 hours a day.

Also, a meaningful experience doesn't preclude a fun experience. Shadow of the Colossus was fun.
Not disagreeing, but your original statement implied otherwise.

Personally, there's few games made anymore that are enjoyable imo, and none on that list.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2014-07-26 02:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, I can't play Skyrim or fallout for long periods of time...., there fun for a while, but then you get to the point where your too powerfull and combat fills like a chore....

Seriously Skyrim has gotten to the point where I just summon 2 deadra lords and just keep exploring while they fight. Im also getting tired of constantly using vats from fallout, its cool looking for a while, but gets old. I Still really love exploring in both those games(which I guess is the point).

Dragons dogma I like, because no matter how strong you get, you still have too somewhat focus when your fighting, and the combat has never gotten boring to me even once. of course dragons dogma messes pretty much everything else up....

Of course alot of games are trying the "Open world" thing now, and Im really really exited about a zelda game the size(or at least partly the size) of skyrim,

Im hoping for basically the 1st zelda game where there's nothing but and old man that gives you a sword and that's it, YOU figure out the rest in this huge huge world. Instead of collecting 8 triforce pieces you collect 100 would be neat, and make the dungeons like in Link between worlds, where you cant enter the dungeon unless you buy a certain Item, and then make the Treasures in the dungeons just items that make you stronger not items you need to progress.

I just had a thought.... think ima try beating Link between worlds without getting any of the treasures...(I think there is 1 treasure you have to get I don't remember even though I beat the game twice).