Rejoy With The New Skirmish!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Rejoy with the new skirmish!
Rejoy with the new skirmish!
By Pantafernando 2014-07-23 04:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/43436

My understanding:

- the new skirmish is an alternate version of rala and cirdas skirmish, its not a new area skirmish. Its called Alluvion Skirmish, that will demand torso and legs plus a new kind of visage. visage and a new segment that drop from existing skirmish.

- the content, aparently, is something similar to nyzul. You are given objectives, and once cleared, you hit the "living cairns" to be teleported to other area with, suposedelly, new objective. The objectives varies from killing an amount of enemies and killing specific nm. In the end, there is a "leader", that upon defeat, you receive the rewards.

- rewards: new weapons and shields, that can be augmented by arcane glypts, plus obsidian frag and a new material that drop from alluvion skirmish and that can reduce the random component of augment process. Aparently, if you use a specific material, you restrain one kind of augment, and stones just will /random the amunt of stats.
 Asura.Triffle
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-07-23 04:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If there are lamps again, I will find the SE HQ and burn it to the ground.
[+]
By Chyula 2014-07-23 04:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hurray! Nyzul 3.0 with more random lamps coming up.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-07-23 05:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly . . .

mybodyisready.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2014-07-23 05:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Materials Required to Engrave Arcane Glyptics
There are several types of such materials, each of which can be earned in Alluvion Skirmishes. Although the glyptics engraved by these mats vary in terms of attributes, different items beget particular results, making it possible for players to exert a certain degree of control over what attributes would like to receive.

No more random augment pools of 6-10 stats. This already sounds better than Skirmish 1, 2 and 3.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-07-23 05:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this new rewards limited to weapons can make this event meh.

Obviously will be one more sidegrade reward event. Being skirmish, its already limited to being inferior to delve weapons and rems. So, just can hope super situational pieces, like pdt/mdt weapons, refresh, tp bonus, stp, oax, etc.

Maybe we can hope the idea of materials being expanded to gears also in future updates.

Looking at it now, i believe the material should be consumable, and that would be the main incentive to spam new skirmish: instead spamming skirmish for stones, now players will spam to get a specific material of a specific attribute, giving a reason to continuously spam the new skirmish (if the weapon are worth a penny, thats it).
By FaeQueenCory 2014-07-23 05:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it's a new visage.
From the sound of things, and given the fact that they are alternate areas for pre-existing Skirmish, it sounded like it was either a new KI drop from regular skirmish or a new item that you trade with a visage-torso-leg to make it a "HQ" skirmish entry item.

I also wonder... Are these new items? Or is this just an implementation of a system to let us control skirmish gears' augments?
Just being 119 doesn't necessarily mean new items... It could very well just be a simpler way to get +1/+2s.
I honestly can't decide which scenario I would prefer.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-23 05:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
I don't think it's a new visage.
From the sound of things, and given the fact that they are alternate areas for pre-existing Skirmish, it sounded like it was either a new KI drop from regular skirmish or a new item that you trade with a visage-torso-leg to make it a "HQ" skirmish entry item.

I also wonder... Are these new items? Or is this just an implementation of a system to let us control skirmish gears' augments?
Just being 119 doesn't necessarily mean new items... It could very well just be a simpler way to get +1/+2s.
I honestly can't decide which scenario I would prefer.

Yes, my mistake. A new segment dropped from skirmish (not clear if only from skirmish and what skirmish) making simulacrums 4 pieces now.
 Asura.Psylo
Server: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2014-07-23 05:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

!

Maybe +3 version of skirmish weapon/shield
By anarkus 2014-07-23 06:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

cirdas (U) and rala (U) open for new typ skirmish => weapon.

So can skip these and wait SE open Yorcia (U) for gear.
(can always store new simulacra for new Yorcia U atleast ^^)