Please Sign In To Stop Genocide In Palestine

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Please sign in to Stop genocide in palestine
Please sign in to Stop genocide in palestine
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 117 118 119
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 14:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Hell, puppies would do the trick.

I said puppies! Not puppies with an adorable dinnerbunny!!
[+]
By Enuyasha 2014-07-30 14:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell, puppies would do the trick.

I said puppies! Not puppies with an adorable dinnerbunny!!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-30 14:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-30 14:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Odin.Zicdeh said: »
For the combatants, my sympathy wanes. For those pulling the strings, I hold nothing but contempt.

That's needlessly complex. It's the citizens that allow this kind of infection to take root, they are not absolved of responsibility. Change has to come from within.

Life is needlessly complex thanks to simplistic thinking of people who will kill you because you don't believe in their religious grabassery.

Change from within is hard to make happen when you're getting killed in your sleep.

Though, as stated before, it's no better on either side. Israel is just better at killing people, apparently.

Actually, I think if Palestine rallied themselves to cast dipshits like Hamas out, Israel would be the first to help.

The Hamas wasn't in charge before 2006 Israel bombed Gaza way before 2006. If Israel really wanted peace they would have stopped to add more and more colony.
By volkom 2014-07-30 14:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
If Israel really wanted peace they would have stopped to add more and more colony.

Or you know...see to it that there's not a suicide bombing or rocket attack happening like every other month
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-30 14:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Asura.Ccl said: »
If Israel really wanted peace they would have stopped to add more and more colony.

Or you know...see to it that there's not a suicide bombing or rocket attack happening like every other month day

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 14:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I do contest the quote in the one article that says "Israel is making the suicide bombers, not us."

Look, the sentiment you're trying to express is clear, but the fact is that it takes a pretty intense amount of devotion to a cause to be a suicide bomber along with a lifetime of indoctrination into a set of beliefs. While the missle strikes may harder then resolve of these people, they were already primed to begin with by Hamas leadership.
By fonewear 2014-07-30 14:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember when this thread was about beer...that was great.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-30 14:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
now it's about puppies and kittens.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 14:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

now it's about puppies and kittens.

Please, we can meet in the middle.

Ducks with beer.

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-30 14:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Enuyasha 2014-07-30 14:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I do contest the quote in the one article that says "Israel is making the suicide bombers, not us."

Look, the sentiment you're trying to express is clear, but the fact is that it takes a pretty intense amount of devotion to a cause to be a suicide bomber along with a lifetime of indoctrination into a set of beliefs. While the missle strikes may harder then resolve of these people, they were already primed to begin with by Hamas leadership.
Well there is definitely a correlation between blowing peoples families up : being more susceptible to radicalization.

When we blew up Iraq and stripped the country of what little structure it had left Al Qaeda swelled in ranks with the amount of people that wanted revenge and were easily drawn into radical Islam and its message of retribution. Same as after 9/11 the enlistments in the US military skyrocketed.

If you want to create less radicals, dont bomb their neighborhoods. I think that'd be a pretty simple connection to make,no?

Remember when i was saying this shouldve stopped at the holy number 44? and then i did "Who's that president?"...i missed page 44 and now im sads :(
[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-30 14:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Okay we got kittens, can derail the thread now. *full circle*
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 15:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »

Well there is definitely a correlation between blowing peoples families up : being more susceptible to radicalization.

When we blew up Iraq and stripped the country of what little structure it had left Al Qaeda swelled in ranks with the amount of people that wanted revenge and were easily drawn into radical Islam and its message of retribution. Same as after 9/11 the enlistments in the US military skyrocketed.

If you want to create less radicals, dont bomb their neighborhoods. I think that'd be a pretty simple connection to make,no?

Remember when i was saying this shouldve stopped at the holy number 44? and then i did "Who's that president?"...i missed page 44 and now im sads :(

Like I said. I understand the sentiment. But...personal responsibility. And being a suicide bomber is pretty extreme.

Enlisting in the organization, yes, fine.

Blowing yourself up...

...that takes a lifetime of indoctrination.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-07-30 15:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said. I understand the sentiment. But...personal responsibility. And being a suicide bomber is pretty extreme.

Blowing yourself up...

To be fair, it's a short lifetime.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-30 15:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

Blowing yourself up...

To be fair, it's a short fuse.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2014-07-30 15:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Blowing yourself up...

I truly believe it depends on the people being radicalized. Some people take less time for suggestion to work on while others it may take a lifetime to develop a willingness to commit suicide for a cause.

as far as enlisting in the military, thats truly the end of the spectrum where to willingly go into a service where your job isnt guaranteed and your life is at the whim of the government you serve takes really in depth propaganda and indoctrination. But, there are people that serve in the armed forces for different reasons other than "i have to cause reasons!".

My views on the military, specially in such a tumultuous and sensitive state the world is in right now, are quite negative. :<
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-07-30 16:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh, I would guess that the reduction in population density would decrease the cost of public services, as you would not need as many people for public support as before. Since labor plays a huge factor in the cost of administration services, lower labor costs means lower total cost by a greater percentage than any other industry.

But yeah, Denmark is crazy. Will never live there at all (wasn't planning it anyway).
The misconception is that the reduction in population density corresponds to a reduction in the number of people that are supported (e.g. healthcare, social services, etc) due to universal coverage, and that there are public services which scale poorly at lower utilization rates (e.g. public transit, roads, etc).
When you have to cover a wider area to support the same number of people, your labor costs don't decrease, they increase, simply due to the reduction in efficiency. In many instances material costs also increase, but these tend not to be the largest cost drivers in most cases.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-30 16:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Huh, I would guess that the reduction in population density would decrease the cost of public services, as you would not need as many people for public support as before. Since labor plays a huge factor in the cost of administration services, lower labor costs means lower total cost by a greater percentage than any other industry.

But yeah, Denmark is crazy. Will never live there at all (wasn't planning it anyway).
The misconception is that the reduction in population density corresponds to a reduction in the number of people that are supported (e.g. healthcare, social services, etc) due to universal coverage, and that there are public services which scale poorly at lower utilization rates (e.g. public transit, roads, etc).
When you have to cover a wider area to support the same number of people, your labor costs don't decrease, they increase, simply due to the reduction in efficiency. In many instances material costs also increase, but these tend not to be the largest cost drivers in most cases.
Does Denmark not have regions? Or regional offices?
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-07-30 16:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Blowing yourself up...

Like being a young person, possibly male, the sole survivor of a bombing that wipes out your immediate and extended family?

Arguably, there are many things that could be done to minimize causualties on one side. The problem is that most focus is placed on minimizing casualties on one's own side, at the sacrifice of increasing the potential of causualties on the other side.

Which simply feeds the cycle.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-07-30 16:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but having regions set up doesn't really solve any of the problem of reductions in population density.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-30 16:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but having regions set up doesn't really solve any of the problem of reductions in population density.
If the shift is due to people moving from a lower population density to a higher population density, then one way to cut costs is to lower the number of employees in the regional offices with a lower population density, and hire a smaller number in the higher density (since the workload will not increase at the same rate as the decrease). It would be a minute change, but a still effective goal.

The only issue I can see is population growth remains constant.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-07-30 16:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If the shift is due to people moving from a lower population density to a higher population density, then one way to cut costs is to lower the number of employees in the regional offices with a lower population density, and hire a smaller number in the higher density (since the workload will not increase at the same rate as the decrease). It would be a minute change, but a still effective goal.

Well yes, except that would be urbanization, rather than suburbanization/ruralization. You have people moving from higher to (significantly) lower density areas, increases in driving (as opposed to biking or public transit, which are, or at least were, the two most common). And that doesn't even get into the healthcare costs of greater traffic, greater commuting times, and less exercise.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-30 16:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Well yes, except that would be urbanization, rather than suburbanization/ruralization. You have people moving from higher to (significantly) lower density areas, increases in driving (as opposed to biking or public transit, which are, or at least were, the two most common). And that doesn't even get into the healthcare costs of greater traffic, greater commuting times, and less exercise.
It also does not help that we have two very different ways of thinking and comparing two different systems to each other.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-30 18:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

U.S. Foreign Policy in a nutshell.

Don't do that, but here take some weapons to do it again, even though you didn't ask for more.

Quote:
The Obama administration condemned the deadly shelling of a United Nations school in Gaza Wednesday, using tough, yet carefully worded language that reflects growing White House irritation with Israel and the mounting civilian casualties stemming from its ground and air war against Hamas.

The U.S. frustrations were compounded by a flurry of Israeli media reports this week that appeared aimed at discrediting President Barack Obama and Secretary of State John Kerry, who spent days trying to negotiate an unsuccessful cease-fire between Israel and Hamas. In unusually blunt language, a State Department spokeswoman on Wednesday repeatedly described one of the reports as "complete crap."

The developments injected fresh tension into the often fraught relationship between Obama and the Israeli government, while also highlighting the president's willingness to take a tougher line against the longtime U.S. ally than some of his predecessors or lawmakers on Capitol Hill.

While Obama and other top officials consistently state their support for Israel's right to defend itself against Hamas rocket fire, the White House has been making increasingly strong statements about the Palestinian civilians dying in Israeli attacks. Officials have also directly called on Israel to do more to prevent the casualties.

More than 1,300 Palestinians have been killed in three weeks of fighting, according to the Hamas-run Gaza health ministry. More than 50 Israelis have also died in the clashes.
Obama Takes Tougher Line Against Gaza Casualties

Quote:
The United States has allowed Israel, waging an offensive in the Gaza Strip, to tap a local U.S. arms stockpile in the past week to resupply it with grenades and mortar rounds, a U.S. defense official said on Thursday.

The munitions were located inside Israel as part of a program managed by the U.S. military and called War Reserves Stock Allies-Israel (WRSA-I), which stores munitions locally for U.S. use that Israel can also access in emergency situations.

Israel, however, did not cite an emergency when it made its latest request about 10 days ago, the defense official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The United States allowed Israel to access the strategic stockpile anyway to resupply itself with 40mm grenades and 120mm mortar rounds to deplete older stocks that would eventually need to be refreshed.

"They didn't ask for it from there but we gave it to them so we could rotate our stocks," the official said.

Additional Israeli requests for U.S.-manufactured ammunition were also being processed in the United States, the official said. The official did not offer further details on quantities or costs of ammunition already supplied or requested.
U.S. Gives Israel More Grenades and Mortar Rounds for Gaza Offensive
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-07-30 19:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

How can you discredit John Kerry? That implies he had any credibility to begin with.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-07-30 19:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to figure out this statement:

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Don't do that, but here take some weapons to do it again, even though you didn't ask for more.
when the quoted article expressly says the opposite.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-30 19:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I'm trying to figure out this statement:

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

when the quoted article expressly says the opposite.

Quote:
"They didn't ask for it from there but we gave it to them so we could rotate our stocks," the official said.
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 117 118 119