Obamacare Was Just Dealt A Major Loss In Court.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Obamacare was just dealt a major loss in court.
Obamacare was just dealt a major loss in court.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11
 Asura.Triffle
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-07-22 14:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Sorry, I don't watch videos from websites known to give you computer viruses and other spamware.

So, how about giving us a synopsis of the video instead.

...you do know what synopsis means, right?

Never the same as watching it. Also you don't get any malware unless you click on the ads.

“American Scrap” (correspondent: David Choe) - Cities like Detroit and Cleveland have found themselves at the forefront of a new phenomenon: scrapping. People left behind are literally ripping apart old school, houses, hospitals and factories for raw materials to hawk to local scrap yards for cash. Scrap metal is one of the U.S.' biggest exports, with billions of dollars' worth traveling to China every year, where it's invested into their infrastructure. The price for a pound of copper, for example, is about five times more than it was in 2002. David Choe looks into the life cycle of scrap metal, from the people who risk their lives to find it, to the yards that buy it, all the way to the Chinese traders who take it back home to build their economy. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbWsYqg2Km4 Small clip, they don't have full episode on there.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-22 14:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Sort of driving home the point I made about the appeals/hearing process being the problem with disability. Money-grubbing lawyers do their part to bloat bureaucracy, and people go along with them because...why not? Lazy and free money!
Settlements they get also includes the lawyer's fees and court costs paid by the Social Security Administration, so you are truly getting free money from the government and don't even have to do anything about it.

There really aren't "settlements" in the disability appeals process.

The vast majority of disability lawyers get paid according to a maximum structure approved by SSA which is (I believe)the lower of 20% or $6,000. And it comes out of the benefits paid, it is not an additional cost to SSA.

Any private fee charged by the lawyer that is not within the above agreement is generally between the claimant and the lawyer and SSA does not pay it.

State disability procedures may work differently. I am not familiar with those.

The only additional cost to SSA is actually employing the ALJ and associated personnel.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-07-22 14:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
You're such a miserable small person. No one missed you that week you were gone.

And you're such a hypocrite. Don't act like condescending comments are KN's territory only.
[+]
 Asura.Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-07-22 14:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This on the other hand will be the future of your policing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mbm0r1KmIs
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-07-22 14:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup. It sure will. Worst-case scenario predictions always come true.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-07-22 14:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
You're such a miserable small person. No one missed you that week you were gone.

And you're such a hypocrite. Don't act like condescending comments are KN's territory only.
Don't confuse being called out for consistently being wrong with being condescending for no discernible reason.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-07-22 14:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't confuse being called out for consistently being wrong with being condescending for no discernible reason.

No, you're mostly just called out consistently for being a hypocrite. You can be the judge if that's worse than being called wrong or not.
[+]
 Asura.Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-07-22 14:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a better clip on the scrap one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os-2SMPuyuY
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-07-22 14:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You're trying too hard, Triffle. Worry about Canada's problems, you still have plenty.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-07-22 14:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
No ***; I don't qualify anyways lol. Uninsured before Obama, uninsured during Obama, and probably after as well
The wanted $765/month for my parents (both of them).

Affordable Healthcare Act; not as affordable as advertised.

I blame Nixon because what the hell, amirite?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-07-22 14:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

And yet the term has little meaning when there's no basis behind it. You can repeat it all you like.
 Asura.Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-07-22 14:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You're trying too hard, Triffle. Worry about Canada's problems, you still have plenty.

Not anywhere near the problems of the World Police Country.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-07-22 14:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Triffle said: »
Also you don't get any malware unless you click on the ads.
Just FYI, this is NOT correct. You don't have to click on an ad to get a virus. Some exploits can get you just on a page load or a mouse over. Not saying anything about the point or content in this particular site but there is a reason people run adblockers and no-script.
 Asura.Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-07-22 14:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Also you don't get any malware unless you click on the ads.
Just FYI, this is NOT correct. You don't have to click on an ad to get a virus. Some exploits can get you just on a page load or a mouse over. Not saying anything about the point or content in this particular site but there is a reason people run adblockers and no-script.

I was talking about this particular site. Not all sites in general.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-07-22 14:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

And yet the term has little meaning when there's no basis behind it. You can repeat it all you like.

LOL. Okay, I'm done. I forgot delusions of grandeur don't allow for self-awareness of character flaws.

Anna Ruthven said: »

This, honestly, is the biggest issue I've had with the ACA. "Affordable" is a misnomer.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-22 14:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

These "lazy states" are the ones who didn't approve of the law in the first place! Or are you going to say that lack of approval is laziness?

I'm going to say flat out obstructionist. The goal for those states was to make the legislation fail, not to amend or repeal it. Idaho is a good example of a state that chose to implement the law by establishing a marketplace (which is incredibly successful, I am able to get better insurance than my employer provided cheaper) but they did not expand medicaid or other public programs. Here, the law is working.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 14:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

“American Scrap” (correspondent: David Choe) - Cities like Detroit and Cleveland have found themselves at the forefront of a new phenomenon: scrapping. People left behind are literally ripping apart old school, houses, hospitals and factories for raw materials to hawk to local scrap yards for cash. Scrap metal is one of the U.S.' biggest exports, with billions of dollars' worth traveling to China every year, where it's invested into their infrastructure. The price for a pound of copper, for example, is about five times more than it was in 2002. David Choe looks into the life cycle of scrap metal, from the people who risk their lives to find it, to the yards that buy it, all the way to the Chinese traders who take it back home to build their economy. "
And your point is...what again?

That we should hold on the scrap metal that is not being used at all and is not planned on being used period because you said so?
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-07-22 14:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
No ***; I don't qualify anyways lol. Uninsured before Obama, uninsured during Obama, and probably after as well

It was him and Edgar Kaiser that put us in the health care death spiral.

I still argue that Profit and Health care are two concepts that cannot be reconciled.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-07-22 14:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You should blame him. He was actually a vital lynchpin in completely ruining one of the best healthcare systems in human history.
[+]
 Asura.Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-07-22 14:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

That we should hold on the scrap metal that is not being used at all and is not planned on being used period because you said so?

The point you missed which you asked me to point out is that your infrastructure is terrible and you are doing nothing about it. Instead you take apart your cities instead of fixing them, to help China grow. It makes you look like a third world country akin to a bombed out Middle-Eastern village. Instead of being condescending, maybe you should try remembering the things you posted 10 minutes ago. If you are having problems with your memory, I suggest seeing a doctor if you have the money for it since I have no idea what your insurance covers or even if you have any.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-07-22 14:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

No. The point is that selling scrap metal to China is what makes us a third-world country. Wait, what?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-07-22 14:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It makes you look like a third world country akin to a bombed out Middle-Eastern village.

LOL. Okay, at least this proves that I don't have to take you seriously anymore.
[+]
 Asura.Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-07-22 14:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

No. The point is that selling scrap metal to China is what makes us a third-world country. Wait, what?

The scrap comes from the ripped apart buildings of your broken down cities. Doesn't help you're also ranked like what, 25th in the world for infrastructure?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-07-22 14:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I was talking about this particular site. Not all sites in general.
It doesn't matter what site you are talking about, any site can be compromised. Again, the site you linked is probably fine but it's best to be aware of just how easy it can be given the right tools (provided that exploit hasn't been patched or the end user didn't update after the fix).
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-22 14:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

on the other hand, rob ford is a gift from god that I don't think we could do without...

marion barry thanks you from the bottom of his crack stuttering heart
[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-22 14:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically scrap metal is our future ?
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-07-22 14:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
and maybe we did sell cleveland, detroit, youngstown, toledo, akron and several smaller towns to china for twenty five cents a pound in scrap metal..but at least we're not canada.
Someone who has actually heard of the city I used to live in? You must be from northeast Ohio or western Pennsylvania.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-22 14:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've heard of all those cities...also. Last time I was in Detroit it looked like the Gaza Strip.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-22 14:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
and maybe we did sell cleveland, detroit, youngstown, toledo, akron and several smaller towns to china for twenty five cents a pound in scrap metal..but at least we're not canada.
Someone who has actually heard of the city I used to live in? You must be from northeast Ohio or western Pennsylvania.

yep, I'm from one of the superfund toxic waste sites between akron and cleveland. My friend proudly wears his akron tee shirt that says....
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11