Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » New age cleave
New age cleave
By WhiteLighter 2014-07-21 17:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

OK i know there is forums for cleaving and stuff. But i have noticed BLUs now blus use like Temp upheaval and whirl of rage. Is there anything else that is used now. And what would be good atmas for those spells.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jhedin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Jhedin 2014-07-21 17:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, if you're rocking 113+ gear in Abyssea, the question of exactly which spells to use and which atmas to use has become quite moot.

If you want to go the MAB route, just stack whatever MAB atmas suit you and spam spells like Temp. Upheaval, Charged Whisker, or Subduction. If you want to go a more physical route, use Whirl of Rage.

Honestly, I just use my normal BLU setup in Abyssea nowadays, which only uses Whirl of Rage for AoE. I hit it once, everything gets stunned and drops to 50% or less HP, then pick stuff off one at a time with cheap spells, with physical attacks, or just wait the 7 seconds or so for WoR to come back up. My atmas are Apoc and RR with the third being variable depending on my purpose, but usually either Vicissitude or Perfect Attendence for some regen.

But yeah. Don't overthink it, just go blow stuff up. You'll be fine.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-07-22 13:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

With the low cost of subduction which can be amped up easily in abyssea thats my new favorite cleave spell of all time lol that gravity effect is insane.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-07-22 13:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This is probably a silly question now, especially with ilvl and BLU's newer spells. But even without them, its still a joke. I azure burn with just whirl of rage/frypan, and sometimes I throw in body slam or flying hip press with HP gear/atmas for laughs. Used to use Blood Saber, but now that's not even needed, since our evasion/def and cure potency is so high now.

I think subduction is a fun way to play with mobs while cleaving, though.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Server: Cerberus
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-07-22 18:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are cleaving in Abyssea for merits, stop now (if you need some other drops fine). There are much much faster ways to do this.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-22 18:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

One big thing is to be aware of how much damage you're actually doing. I see BLU's trying to cleave stuff that takes 2-3 times as long as just using their swords. So far, the best luck I've had cleaving higher level mobs is to pull a bunch and just TP on them while throwing WoR about every WS cycle and using Sanguine Blade to keep HP topped off. You need to be fighting at least 10 mobs for AoE burning to be worthwhile.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Server: Cerberus
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-07-22 19:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

This reminds me of all the paladins I see trying to cleave in M.Ravine, taking up all the mobs for 5+ minutes, when its a 20 sec deal (or less) for BLU once the cleaving begins.