How Tough Are The 119 RF Paper Fights?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How tough are the 119 RF paper fights?
How tough are the 119 RF paper fights?
 Ragnarok.Granis
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Granis25
By Ragnarok.Granis 2014-07-21 15:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been thinking of starting groups/shouts for the 119 paper battlefields (the one that costs merits) is it better to do the AA, or are those other 10-pointers worth doing too? (Tenzen II, Puppet in Peril II, Gessho II, etc.) AAs costs slightly more points at 15, so Im not sure which to do for papers and such. it'd all be set at Normal, with me as WHM, I'm also willing to do easy if it end up being rough on norml w/ shout ppl.
 Shiva.Malicus
Server: Shiva
user: Malicus
By Shiva.Malicus 2014-07-21 15:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It all comes down to the items you need. The paper is easy to come by once you are doing the battles on a regular basis.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-07-21 15:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I think all solo ark angels are 10 merits also.

If your looking for papers, can even spam solo ve (1 paper plus personal). If you consider exping outside abyssea, doing roe for crystals will net lots of sparks so you can buy more 3 with 45 k sparks.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-07-21 15:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I think all solo ark angels are 10 merits also.

If your looking for papers, can even spam solo ve (1 paper plus personal). If you consider exping outside abyssea, doing roe for crystals will net lots of sparks so you can buy more 3 with 45 k sparks.
AAs were kept at 15, non AAs are 10.
 Ragnarok.Granis
By Ragnarok.Granis 2014-07-21 16:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I know I could just sparkfarm, but merits are coming to me faster than sparks anyway, plus I wanna try for the items too so I'll have to buy less of those when I've got enough papers for an upgrade, plus I think group for a event is a little more fun than just setting RoE objectives and just sparkfarming, plus is gives me something to do in order to burn my merits down so I don't sit at meritcap when I am spark farming. Plus I just want more events to do since my only jobs rn are WHM and THF (and my THF doesn't have a 119 dagger or anything so have to do events on my WHM lol.)

I just have no idea how hard these fights are, I was scared they might be elite-onry like delve used to be.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-21 16:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Granis said: »
I know I could just sparkfarm, but merits are coming to me faster than sparks anyway, plus I wanna try for the items too so I'll have to buy less of those when I've got enough papers for an upgrade, plus I think group for a event is a little more fun than just setting RoE objectives and just sparkfarming, plus is gives me something to do in order to burn my merits down so I don't sit at meritcap when I am spark farming. Plus I just want more events to do since my only jobs rn are WHM and THF (and my THF doesn't have a 119 dagger or anything so have to do events on my WHM lol.)

I just have no idea how hard these fights are, I was scared they might be elite-onry like delve used to be.

If you are aiming gears, i believe you dont need to ask what battlefield should you do.
Its pre determinated already.
 Ragnarok.Granis
By Ragnarok.Granis 2014-07-21 16:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

But some of the battlefields share papers and stuff so I'm a little confused
By Luvbunny1 2014-07-21 17:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Try to do the fights on normal difficulty first to see how the mechanics work. Then once you get a few 119 gears, you can try the difficult version of it. I would see if you can start making a semi static of PLD, WHM, and BRD since those are the 3 jobs you will need the most on doing this. Then just spam the five easiest one that suits your needs accordingly. AAs still need 15 merits though but deemed the most manageable once you figure out the strategy.
[+]