Whats The Game Breaking Gear (armor/weapon)...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Whats the game breaking gear (armor/weapon)...
Whats the game breaking gear (armor/weapon)...
By Pantafernando 2014-07-20 13:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

... Capped to lv30?

Considering in doing some ENM for summoning earring, so i was wondering what are the gears (armor/weapon) that were considered above the average capped that lv30?

Can be any job, just checking what jobs were the greatest at this level.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-20 13:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the beret and shirt are pretty nuts.
 Ragnarok.Sharain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sharain
By Ragnarok.Sharain 2014-07-20 14:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloody bolts can be very nice (it's all about the drain effect, I used to solo VT mandies back in the day with those). Also one of the super low delay guns (awilda's etc) does a ton of dmg since gun dmg is for the most part about bullet.
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-07-20 14:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

THF with Bloody Bolts, Sleep Bolts (if things are sleepable), and Centurion Swords. Blood Bolt spam > Sleep Bolt > SA+Fast Blade rinse and repeat. Can also Sleep Bolt to recast Shadows.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-20 15:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the most interesting at 30 would be mnk.
MNK/DRG

Main: boreas cesti
Head: destrier beret
Body: chocobo shirt
Hands: custom gloves
Legs: republic subligar
Feet: federation kyahan
Ear1: wyvern earring
Ear2: beetle earring+1
Ring1: rajas ring
Ring2: mighty ring with enchamtment
Neck: spike necklace
Waist: purple belt
Ammo: balm satchet
Back: wyvern mantle

Now to find those pieces...
By Highwynd 2014-07-20 17:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say BLU/NIN given that Headbutt is a spammable, low cost, fast casting Stun which no other job gets at that level. Toss in Bludgeon spam which is virtually a free WS every cast, shadows etc. BLU/NIN is quite good. MNK/DRG is also pretty ridiculous as someone mentioned above, /DRG offers quite a sizable chunk of Haste from Wyvern Earring/Mantle which is a rare stat at level 30.

Another cool thing about BLU is Soporific which is a level 24 spell and has the same duration/potency as Sleepga II, but like 30 levels earlier.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-07-20 19:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to duo that ENM with my brother, me on RNG/NIN and him on RDM/WHM (or possibly /BLM, I can't recall). Basic strategy was to keep Gravity on as often as possible, Bind as necessary, and just shoot the thing with Holy/Blood Bolts. Having the beret/chocobo shirt made a huge difference and kept us in there in case of a wipe.

The trick is to kite it back and forth between the left and right sides of the battlefield, and get it caught on the pillars as it works its way up the little stairs. That gives you a window to run down the side of the little platform and run to the opposite side. Prioritize your safety and you should be ok, unless they summon a ton of buddies, then you're just kinda screwed.