What's The Easiest Way To Access Oboro?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What's the easiest way to access Oboro?
What's the easiest way to access Oboro?
 Fenrir.Mefuki
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2014-07-20 13:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

A few friends have come back to the game recently and they wanted to know what the easiest way to get Oboro to talk to us. We tried normal Ouryu but Normal is much harder then the term "Normal" would lead you to believe. What's the consensus on how the general populous could gain access to these weapons?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-07-20 13:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
  • Have obtained the title for any one of the Delve Megaboss NMs: Muyingwa Wingcrusher, Dakuwaqa Trawler, Tojil Douser, Cailimh Plumageplucker, Wopket Trunksplitter, or Utkux Peltburner

• Beaten any one of the 20SKCNMs on the "Difficult" or "Very Difficult" setting.

• Beaten any High-Tier Mission Battlefields on “Normal” or above difficulty.

The bolded seems to be the easiest option. Just do one of those fights and use a brd to svcc and have everyone zerg 1hour with pld supertanking, and you'll be fine, even for average players.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-07-20 13:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Tenzen normal, most likely
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-20 14:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Any competent group of 3-4 DD/NIN BRD WHM/RDM/SCH optional COR, should be able to clear D Tenzen pretty easily. It's a very straight forward BC, keep adds asleep, shadows up, don't WS while he's got Yaegesumi up.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-07-20 14:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Quote:
  • Beaten any one of the 20SKCNMs on the "Difficult" or "Very Difficult" setting.

The bolded seems to be the easiest option. Just do one of those fights and use a brd to svcc and have everyone zerg 1hour with pld supertanking, and you'll be fine, even for average players.

This, especially when you consider that the enemies in these fights are only level 116, and that you can very easily try again if you lose. Even better, if you are having a hard time getting people together, you can use Trusts, or shout for people to join (since plenty of people want Rem's chapters).

I personally think the Antican fight in Chamber of Oracles is the easiest of these fights (against a BLM, WAR, PLD, and RNG).
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-20 15:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Easiest way to access Oboro?

Don't suck.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-07-20 15:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Kingnobody, you have added nothing to this discussion. OP obviously asked because his old friends came back to the game. Its likely they don't have current iLvl gear, so he was asking the easiest battlefield. Just read next time.

Also, I was just thinking about what Jeanpaul said, and its true. You could likely beat Diff antica with only a BRD & PLD & random DD, and use Cherukiki (for regens and hastes and buffs) and Ayame/Zeid for the last DD spots. The BRD could start by singing 3-5 songs and buffing everyone, pld goes in and supertanks while killing one by one. Those trusts actually do reasonable damage when buffed properly, and since not much will be hitting them, they can stay alive long enough to help you win.
[+]
By Jadey 2014-07-20 15:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have at least one MNK/NIN with Formless Strikes in your group, Shadow Lord Normal should be easy.
By Buzzwords 2014-07-20 15:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

i would think AAGK would be pretty easy.

all your melees sub nin, and have someone who can reliably sleep just 1 add (his wyvern)

keep shadows up and you block all his WSs and SCs
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-07-20 16:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

SKCNMs. They're pretty foolproof.
[+]
 Shiva.Afliction
Server: Shiva
user: Freazer
By Shiva.Afliction 2014-07-20 17:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Tojil imo its not hard to make a pug that can actually beat it these days
 Bahamut.Drazzago
Server: Bahamut
user: drazzago
By Bahamut.Drazzago 2014-07-20 17:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The Sahagin SkCNM is very very easy also, just kill the whm 1st to disable benediction and kill the mnk last.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-20 17:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
SKCNMs. They're pretty foolproof.
It's only foolproof until a fool comes along to prove otherwise.
[+]
 Fenrir.Moldtech
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-07-20 17:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Port Jeuno >:)
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-20 17:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Kingnobody, you have added nothing to this discussion. OP obviously asked because his old friends came back to the game. Its likely they don't have current iLvl gear, so he was asking the easiest battlefield. Just read next time.
Doesn't matter which way they do it.

As long as they don't suck, they can get access easily.

All 3 paths require at least a little bit of suckless skill.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2014-07-20 19:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with Pleebo. I think they don't have anything over lv117 gear so it's pretty much spark gear. High level battlefield would be difficult imo, I'd say SKCNM20 Difficult with pld tank is probably best.

Assuming your whole party is wearing spark gear. A setup with Pld, Whm, and Brd/Cor/Rdm/Sch and pretty much any DD can clear Legion XI Comitatensis II.
By FaeQueenCory 2014-07-20 21:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with everyone else saying that a SKCNM on D is your best route for the easiest path...

But I disagree about which is the easiest one to do. The antican one in Chamber of Oracles is alright... But I have found that Brothers Azouph or w/e the fomori one in Qubia Arena is easier than that...
And all this nonsense of having X jobs to do it...
Please.
All you need is a PLD and a healer.
Don't even need an Ochain PLD... (Lord knows that I've PLD on multiple D SKCNMs without Ochain... Beatific was more than enough.)
So just make sure that one of your friends has PLD with 109 RF pieces... And another can heal... Fill the rest with DDs with at LEAST 117s... And Ds should be easily in y'all's grasp.

Take care and good luck!
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-21 01:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

WE did the Gigas one in Feiyin today and it was hella easy and without an ochain pld

just kill 1 at a time and save the charmer till the end lol .

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Krysten
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-21 04:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

While on subject of Oboro why not talk the weapons? im lookin at some and going, man is that really with the 3mil or so it takes craft it??

Thf ill say yes, maybe even blm?? but alot are not pup while situational your taking a big step down dmg wise, Cor too. whast your guys thoughts on the weapons?
By Pantafernando 2014-07-21 04:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

My thought about jse weapons is that they are there only to garantee a 119 weapon to playerbase who totally cant access ANY kind of high level content, the very casual player that can play a few hours a day and have restricted job selection. Farm 2-3 days in dynamis and here is the 119 weapon.

Ofc those, aside utility weapons like the sandung, will always score low on dmg, prob bellow skirmish weapons 119.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.