Returning Player- Whats New?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Returning player- whats new?
Returning player- whats new?
 Carbuncle.Cianti
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2014-07-18 22:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

After a long time I decided to come back, for the time being its just to finish off things I never got around to doing. As my LS died and most of my friends all quit sorta unsure whats worth doing. Any suggestions would be great.
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-07-18 23:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

when did you leave? Pre or Post ilvl gear?
 Valefor.Redenius
Server: Valefor
user: Redenius
By Valefor.Redenius 2014-07-19 00:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well reforged AF and Relic equipment are the thing going on currently. Basically you turn your original AF and Dynamis relic into lvl 109 and then upgrade it farther into 119. Start off by doing Records of Eminence to obtain Sparks. Use the sparks (currency) to buy 117 gear. Start with the 117 weapon and continue. This will make it so you can survive easier. After you get your 117 gear convert your older seals(beastman,kindred,etc) into Sacred Kindred crests so you can do BC's for Rem chapters 1-5 which are used to convert your AF and Relic into lvl 109 gear. Once your fully geared in 109 gear, cap your merits and trade the merits for KI used to enter the high tier battlefields which drop the Rem Chapters 6-10 which are used to turn your 109 gear into 119 gear. I would advice to start with your AF and do your Relic at a later time due to the expense of turning your Relic into 119.
[+]
By Rieekil 2014-07-19 01:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

same here been back for a week nd stuck doing nothing but sparks nd balyd

anyway about the ram chapter 1-5
can i solo Sacred Kindred crests BC's V easy and easy ?
with thf ilvl 117 nd trusts ?
 Valefor.Redenius
Server: Valefor
user: Redenius
By Valefor.Redenius 2014-07-19 01:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I've heard of people doing so yes. I haven't tried myself.
By Voren 2014-07-19 01:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

On the subject of jobs that are needed, I know that ochain/aegis PLD, RNG, WHM, and BRD are needed for AA and DM2, and I believe (don't quote me) COR to some degree, but would RDM be of any use?

I'm in one of those places where I have PLD and BRD, but crap gear for both and BRD doesn't interest me enough to justify making an empy let alone a relic for it, and really not interested in making an ochain. RNG and WHM are both below 70 with no real desire to level them. My RDM, however, is 99 and can be geared fairly quickly.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-19 02:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »
On the subject of jobs that are needed, I know that ochain/aegis PLD, RNG, WHM, and BRD are needed for AA and DM2, and I believe (don't quote me) COR to some degree, but would RDM be of any use?

I'm in one of those places where I have PLD and BRD, but crap gear for both and BRD doesn't interest me enough to justify making an empy let alone a relic for it, and really not interested in making an ochain. RNG and WHM are both below 70 with no real desire to level them. My RDM, however, is 99 and can be geared fairly quickly.

You don't need empy harp for BRD, just JSE. It can be geared for event rather quickly now.

PLD works with JSE shield too. Although certain event may be harder without aegis.

RDM isn't a bad job, but I'm having a hard time believing it's faster to gear than PLD and BRD. Since you still need stun set and such if you want to do delve with it.
By Voren 2014-07-19 02:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
RDM isn't a bad job, but I'm having a hard time believing it's faster to gear than PLD and BRD. Since you still need stun set and such if you want to do delve with it.

I wasn't concerned with taking RDM to delve, more just AA and DM2 for rem's chapters as spark grinding has become annoying and I've got a lot of BCNM seals stocked up.

I wasn't sure about what job function RDM might be expected to do in AA or DM2, other than debuff and cures. If it's that, then m.acc set and a cure set should be plenty, which both are easy to come by for RDM. If RDM is also used for nuking, that's just as easy to gear for.
 Ragnarok.Rieekil
user: Rieekil
By Ragnarok.Rieekil 2014-07-19 03:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did SKNM as thf/dnc with turst on easy mode .... got one shotted by rng giges xD !!!!
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-19 03:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

I wasn't concerned with taking RDM to delve, more just AA and DM2 for rem's chapters as spark grinding has become annoying and I've got a lot of BCNM seals stocked up.

I wasn't sure about what job function RDM might be expected to do in AA or DM2, other than debuff and cures. If it's that, then m.acc set and a cure set should be plenty, which both are easy to come by for RDM. If RDM is also used for nuking, that's just as easy to gear for.

RDM can be used in DM2 and AA because of eva down debuff and snapshot buff. Dia3 is also pretty good if your pt has no COR. But Honestly BRD and PLD isn't that much harder to gear. JSE PLD and BRD can get the job done.

In AA/DM2 RDM can be used in RNG setup, so you cure PLD, eva/def down NM, and flurry RNG.
By Voren 2014-07-19 03:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

This post is going to make me sound lazy as hell, which yeah I kind of am, but simply because I'm trying to gear jobs I actually enjoy instead.

If RDM is only really used to cure, eva/def debuff NM, and buff RNG then really a solid cure set and m.acc set are only things needed, which for me would be easier than gearing BRD or PLD considering I don't have any of the Delve boss wins required to get the new JSE gear.

Trying to go the route of least headache for myself and others. Really don't want to gimp a party, and don't want to be a strain on LS mates trying to get delve gear/wins.
By Nyruul 2014-07-19 04:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have any of the Delve boss wins required to get the new JSE gear.

Clearing a normal AA or a Difficult SKCNM will let you make the new JSE gear as well(unless they changed that)
 Asura.Aerox
Server: Asura
By Asura.Aerox 2014-07-19 04:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Cianti said: »
After a long time I decided to come back, for the time being its just to finish off things I never got around to doing. As my LS died and most of my friends all quit sorta unsure whats worth doing. Any suggestions would be great.

Redenius advice is good and you should definitly think about getting sparks gear for your mnk and thf, only takes a little time too. You can then use those jobs to farm salvage and dyna solo and bring in a lot of gil to help buy things you need.

Follow this link Cianti will help a lot! http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana%27diel

I came back from 6 months out with no ilvl gear too but a few months work running a new Ls and i'm starting to cap on delve gear lol
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2014-07-19 05:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »
when did you leave? Pre or Post ilvl gear?
I left just after Aoudlin expansion
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2014-07-19 05:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Redenius said: »
Well reforged AF and Relic equipment are the thing going on currently. Basically you turn your original AF and Dynamis relic into lvl 109 and then upgrade it farther into 119. Start off by doing Records of Eminence to obtain Sparks. Use the sparks (currency) to buy 117 gear. Start with the 117 weapon and continue. This will make it so you can survive easier. After you get your 117 gear convert your older seals(beastman,kindred,etc) into Sacred Kindred crests so you can do BC's for Rem chapters 1-5 which are used to convert your AF and Relic into lvl 109 gear. Once your fully geared in 109 gear, cap your merits and trade the merits for KI used to enter the high tier battlefields which drop the Rem Chapters 6-10 which are used to turn your 109 gear into 119 gear. I would advice to start with your AF and do your Relic at a later time due to the expense of turning your Relic into 119.
I threw away my AF! :/
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-07-19 09:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Cianti said: »
Valefor.Redenius said: »
I threw away my AF! :/
You can re-quest AF from this NPC.

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Vingijard