Unsoloable Mobs?
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 20 21 22
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-11-23 14:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Since the Mimic is weak to DoT, Can assume a Fully ready SCH and kill it solo. will the be 100% no, this may in fact only be at best 33% chance. How you wana ask, ok RR full buff "Temp items" Open with Noctohelix or Solo SC for darkness via sch multistep sc, if timed right and wana do it sch 1hr works if MB on that SC, can embrava also so there is a valid Chance to make it work. My sch is no where near up to par with that plan but Ive seen some decent videos of Sch working so there is a chance.
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-11-23 14:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
Verda said: »
I still think people are interested in non brew kills because it takes a week or so to farm that much silt.

The Shinryu solo listed on OP is using a brew.

Thats pretty lame then. I know its hard to draw a line with temp items, its not cheating by any means but using a brew for a solo is wildly more beneficial than using trusts, which has been deemed as not a true solo.

As for the mimic, sch does well on it yes, but the fight would require a ton of luck with the poison/stun/zombie crap. It would take some luck to survive long enough to mb helix/kaustra, but if someone was capable of that, id imagine they could solo it by rr'ing and watching it slowly die. Would be a very annoying gamble to try unless you have revitalizer unlocked.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-11-23 16:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

agreed it would be a lot of luck, but with 15 min timer, Dot doing its thing while u unweak assuming you die no less than 2 times Bio Noctohelix and save Kaustra for last 5min unless open with that and waste 1hr use revit. and go for round 2 on 1hr it can be done however until it is done it is all just speculation. Brew would be nice since even with poison and stun u still would have time to nuke mb and sc for most effective means. Could also sch/sam try to darkness that way club or staff and perhaps bank on being able to do so.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-11-27 07:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Uh sorry i was in the bath when i posted this um, to clarify this is all the T3 Escha Zi'tah NMs soloed.
Fleetstalker, Shockmaw, Uemahlullu.
As well as Pazuzu and Wrathare. leaving just the pixies that have not been soloed in that zone.

Bucca, Puca, Alphuchra <- They pop at the same time so... this one might be challenging seeing as you have to kill 3 Pixies which progressively get more peeved the more them you kill.
[+]
 Asura.Katairyu
Server: Asura
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-11-27 17:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »

Uh sorry i was in the bath when i posted this um, to clarify this is all the T3 Escha Zi'tah NMs soloed.
Fleetstalker, Shockmaw, Uemahlullu.
As well as Pazuzu and Wrathare. leaving just the pixies that have not been soloed in that zone.

Bucca, Puca, Alphuchra <- They pop at the same time so... this one might be challenging seeing as you have to kill 3 Pixies which progressively get more peeved the more them you kill.

Very nice! All new solos plus a new best time for Urmahlulu! This means we're down to 46!
 Leviathan.Protey
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-11-30 00:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Need to add Tumult Curator (Unity NM) to the Undefeated list.
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-11-30 17:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Need to add Tumult Curator (Unity NM) to the Undefeated list.

Just looked it up

Jesus Christ! Neo Pandemonium Warden! Sticking it on the undefeated list now!

Up to 47!
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-12-13 19:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Teles can be moved from the undefeated list to the unsoloable list:

Your text to link here...

Need to add Zerde to the undefeated list. Might be others from the below list; I just know that Zerde is a very good challenge that people easily wipe to.

Need to add Albumen, Erinys, Onychophora, Schah, and Vinipata to the unsoloable list.
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-12-14 13:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Teles can be moved from the undefeated list to the unsoloable list:

Your text to link here...

Need to add Zerde to the undefeated list. Might be others from the below list; I just know that Zerde is a very good challenge that people easily wipe to.

Need to add Albumen, Erinys, Onychophora, Schah, and Vinipata to the unsoloable list.

Gotcha, just saw the thread on BG so I'll add the new mobs :)

So, after a quick recount we're up to 54!
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-12-16 05:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing as we now know what Tumult Curator's drops are and seeing as there are several of said drops being sold on the AH, I think it's fairly safe to say that it's been bested, but not soloed!

So it moves down to the unsoloable list!
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-12-26 05:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Incredible news guys! Mischief has broken into Vagary solos with their successful solo of Palloritus at 00:09:10!

Which means we are down to 53!
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-12-26 07:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The funny thing is how Palloritus is actually like the easiest part of the run.
[+]
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-12-26 08:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »

It's still a hard-as-balls boss to down, props to Mischief. :)
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-12-26 08:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the whole zone need to be recorded to count as a solo? because I'm sure Putraxia and Rancibus can also be solo'd by SCH. I can see the whole Putraxia zone being done, but Rancibus zone seems too stressful with the luck factor.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2015-12-26 08:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »

He Usually dies within 15 seconds when i astral conduit him, Favorite part of my run.
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-12-26 09:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Does the whole zone need to be recorded to count as a solo? because I'm sure Putraxia and Rancibus can also be solo'd by SCH. I can see the whole Putraxia zone being done, but Rancibus zone seems too stressful with the luck factor.

Assuming that the player receives no buffs or healing from the PT, the mob receives no debuffs or damage from the PT and AOE damage isn't mitigated by the PT, I don't see why the whole zone needs to be recorded no.

But the whole fight from start to end for the boss mobs themselves needs to be recorded.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-12-27 04:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I think SCH would have a tough time with the pixie NM in Putraxia zone. Not only does it dispel buffs with a TP move, it is resistant to magic damage, and it has a TP move that gives it a potent regen that pretty much will not be able to be removed by Dispel (and if I recall correctly gravity would be difficult to land on it as well).
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-12-27 07:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I think SCH would have a tough time with the pixie NM in Putraxia zone. Not only does it dispel buffs with a TP move, it is resistant to magic damage, and it has a TP move that gives it a potent regen that pretty much will not be able to be removed by Dispel (and if I recall correctly gravity would be difficult to land on it as well).

Not really. I've already done the zone solo DPS on SCH. I don't think an experienced SCH would have issues straight tanking a fairy, even if it means reapplying Regen V/Protect. As for the regen, just keep a strong helix and you should be fine. To mitigate it from removing this helix, just stack on bio and poison (or more debuffs if you want) since its erase TP move only takes off 1 debuff. Even if it's magic resistant, it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to kill with SCH.

Edit: When I say solo DPS, I meant that I used August to tank while I just nuked 20 yalms. I didn't personally try to straight tank it YET, but I can't imagine it's any different from straight tanking the black fairy from Alpuachra, Bucca, and Puca which I've done.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-12-27 10:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well since nukes were doing between 300 and spikes up to 1200 with rotating ele damdage (Fire Thunder Blizzard etc) Using tier 3 spells. As well as the Tank needing constant heals and the AOE damage from norn (20 yalms) any whm trust pld trust and DD would die and be unable to re summoned. The fact that it cast silence and you get Amnesia almost full fight as a tank (PLD/war) I find it hard to believe that a SCH could deal with this specific Nm. If you can, and do please record it as I'd love to watch
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-12-27 11:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know a decent recorder? Windower's one doesn't work with my new pc.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-12-27 12:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

OBS https://obsproject.com/

Best free software these days for Streaming/Recording in my opinion.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-12-27 15:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH can't multstep sc to pop Perfidien or Plouton, can it? I seem to recall hearing that somehow 4-step was possible, but 6 wasn't.

Mischief did better in fomor zone than some 18-person alliances I've been in. However, somebody needs to tell him that he doesn't have to engage to Myrkr if he has a macro.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2015-12-27 15:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
SCH can't multstep sc to pop Perfidien or Plouton, can it? I seem to recall hearing that somehow 4-step was possible, but 6 wasn't.

Mischief did better in fomor zone than some 18-person alliances I've been in. However, somebody needs to tell him that he doesn't have to engage to Myrkr if he has a macro.

I was able to pop Perf and Plouton with another SCH in the same run. I imagine you could solo pop it using Tabula Rasa, granted you can still complete a skillchain after multiple steps. Afaik the window to skillchain gets shorter after each step.

EDIT: It's possible to 6 step without Tabula Rasa. You'd have to precharge a strat until it's nearly ready again.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2015-12-27 15:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Props to Vmod for showing me how to pop it as a SCH.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-12-27 15:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see the whole zone being downed for slimes easily by a BLU. The issue would be well... The annoying slime <_< and the RNG.
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-12-27 16:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sch can solo pop plouton using stone > aero > stone > aero > stone > starburst, 6 immanence spells wont count for some reason, cause it does for perf using 4, but closing with an actual ws works for plouton.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2015-12-27 16:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Vmod popped Plouton on SCH but had a PLD open the skillchain with Shining Blade.
By Draylo 2015-12-27 16:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Libbien said: »
Sch can solo pop plouton using stone > aero > stone > aero > stone > starburst, 6 immanence spells wont count for some reason, cause it does for perf using 4, but closing with an actual ws works for plouton.

I've personally do it only use immanence so it does work.
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-12-27 16:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

Oh nice that's easier. Its never worked for me before though just to save gems ill probably still use starburst to close. Nice to have options though.
 Phoenix.Hova
user: Titanfoo
By Phoenix.Hova 2015-12-27 18:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

Oh nice that's easier. Its never worked for me before though just to save gems ill probably still use starburst to close. Nice to have options though.

Ya sch can solo pop Plouton, done it a lot. it's easy and don't need to worry about miss'ing
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 20 21 22