Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-17 13:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Bismarck.Misao said: »
I don't understand why all the hate toward SWTOR and FFXIV.
Because they treathen the existence to the game you play ?

I was gonna make a long post, but w/e. Not worth.

And no, Ffxiv 1.0 was not the 1st game to get rebooted and completely rehauled.

Anyone remembers Star Wars Galaxies ?
NOW THAT ONE WAS A BAD GAME.

Ppl hate SWTOR BECAUSE it's not SWG. They expected a sandbox like SWG but it's a WoW clone.

Ppl hate FFXIV ARR cuz ARR fans has to bash XI 24/7 and defend for every flawed design in that game.

Wait. They hate it for not being Star Wars Galaxy?

I'd have thought they'd hate it for not being KOTOR...

SWG was one of the few sandbox MMO. After WoW era sandbox MMO became a dying breed. Just like us FFXI fans would want another current gen FFXI with improved graphic and modern gameplay, sandbox fans wanted SWG with with improved and modern sandbox MMO too.

It's quite unlikely they wanted KOTOR. MMORPG players usually don't go emo about a title being single player. Single player RPG fan may wanted KOTOR 3 but they're not the target audience.

Don't I know it. *sulk*
 Quetzalcoatl.Zorik
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zorik
By Quetzalcoatl.Zorik 2014-07-17 13:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Sylph.Lilkat said: »
XI players hate XIV because it was and is directly responsible for Square removing developers and money from XI
We actually have more updates than before on XI, and I would attribute this to the overall change in the higher ups at SE(baibai Wada) which has shown already that the company wants to change a few stances that had taken it down these past few years.

People who hate 14 are either 1. the ones who tried 1.0 and still can't get over it; 2. people who expect it to be the same experience as XI not realizing that it's just not gonna happen with any game from here unto forever.
XIV is its own game and people need to realize it cathers to today's market.

2004 CoP
2006 ToAU
2007 WotG
2009 Announcement of FFXIV
2009 3 shitty mini expansions...
2010 Abyssea
2013 SoA

We get no new zones from 2007 to 2013. Sorry I'm not happy that the game I enjoy playing got crapped on once they start planning for XIV.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Zorik
By Quetzalcoatl.Zorik 2014-07-17 13:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Angierus said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
XIV players hate XI because it retains a large enough quantity of players (especially Japanese players) that they wish would give up on XI and move to their game. Many of them will say it, why do you still play? They will post pictures to try entice people to change.

I have never seen anyone say this in-game, ever lol.

I've actually been hearing people talk about the fun they used to have in XI, never really any bashing or hating. Unless you're talking about the beta *** on guildwork, but I don't think anyone actually takes anything serious from that community, with what they have to say about either XI or XIV.

Most recent shouts on Quetz:

[14:27:06] Khyan : «Delve» «Do you need it?» «Looking for members.» «please» «/tell» «Job»
LowJeuno
[14:28:25] Khyan : «Hello!» «Excuse me...» «Delve» / Plasm «Do you need it?» «Looking for members.» @2/6 «please» «/tell» «Job»
LowJeuno
[14:29:36] Khyan : «Delve» «Do you need it?» «Looking for members.» @2/6 WHM SCH MNK BRD Unsure of which exact delve atm
PortJeuno
[14:32:26] Khyan : «Morimar Basalt Fields»1-5+«Delve»@2/6 WHM SCH BRD MNK
LowJeuno
[14:34:06] Khyan : «Morimar Basalt Fields»1-5+«Delve»@2/6 WHM SCH BRD MNK
LowJeuno
[14:39:00] Khyan : lmao this game is dying and almost dead. «See you again!» not sure if this game is worth playing with only 500 on
UpJeuno
[14:40:21] Khyan : If SE is smart, which i tend to doubt, they will «Server» merge. 500 on «Server» 300 afk... like u cant do ***
PortJeuno
[14:42:39] Khyan : Will SE EVER merge servers again or is FFXI a dead hopeless game and we should all go to FFXIV accounts?
LowJeuno
[14:44:59] Khyan : «That's too bad.» «Taking a break.»
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
Server: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-07-17 14:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Zorik said: »
XIV players hate XI because it retains a large enough quantity of players (especially Japanese players) that they wish would give up on XI and move to their game. Many of them will say it, why do you still play? They will post pictures to try entice people to change.

I've actually been hearing people talk about the fun they used to have in XI, never really any bashing or hating. Unless you're talking about the beta *** on guildwork, but I don't think anyone actually takes anything serious from that community, with what they have to say about either XI or XIV.

[14:27:06] Khyan : «Delve» «Do you need it?» «Looking for members.» «please» «/tell» «Job»
LowJeuno
[14:28:25] Khyan : «Hello!» «Excuse me...» «Delve» / Plasm «Do you need it?» «Looking for members.» @2/6 «please» «/tell» «Job»
LowJeuno
[14:29:36] Khyan : «Delve» «Do you need it?» «Looking for members.» @2/6 WHM SCH MNK BRD Unsure of which exact delve atm
PortJeuno
LowJeuno
LowJeuno
[14:39:00] Khyan : lmao this game is dying and almost dead. «See you again!» not sure if this game is worth playing with only 500 on
UpJeuno
[14:40:21] Khyan : If SE is smart, which i tend to doubt, they will «Server» merge. 500 on «Server» 300 afk... like u cant do ***
PortJeuno
[14:42:39] Khyan : Will SE EVER merge servers again or is FFXI a dead hopeless game and we should all go to FFXIV accounts?
LowJeuno

Kinda says something about someone that out of 300-500 people, they can't find someone to do something with lol
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-07-17 14:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

As was I. I should have clarified
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2014-07-17 14:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

XI players hate XIV because it was and is directly responsible for Square removing developers and money from XI
We actually have more updates than before on XI, and I would attribute this to the overall change in the higher ups at SE(baibai Wada) which has shown already that the company wants to change a few stances that had taken it down these past few years.

People who hate 14 are either 1. the ones who tried 1.0 and still can't get over it; 2. people who expect it to be the same experience as XI not realizing that it's just not gonna happen with any game from here unto forever.

2004 CoP
2006 ToAU
2007 WotG
2010 Abyssea
2013 SoA

We get no new zones from 2007 to 2013. Sorry I'm not happy that the game I enjoy playing got crapped on once they start planning for XIV.
This was mostly due to PS2 memory issues, not lack of workers/funding. After SE was able to increase the amount of usable space from the PS2 HDD, they began developing SOA.

"But Patrik, no one plays on ps2, why would they care about that?"
Actually, random voice, many Japanese players still use ps2, so they care.

I could go on more about how any game would start to slow a bit on development at least some after 12 years but... it has all been discussed so much in the past. I play XIV because I enjoy XIV, XI will always have a special place in my memories and I hope it lives a long time, but I'm just not able to enjoy it any more.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-17 14:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, he cant blame the game if none answer a plasm farm at this point of game, also, personally i dont trust in a delve shout that say /tell job.

Anyway, you should have hide the one shouting.

Also, delve is slight but steadly becoming old news, and none really care to farm it anymore, and partly because of the crash in airlixir+2 price.

And if he will be upset just because none answer after measly 20 mins??? Hell, when delve was 18 man i was used to shout for almost 2 hours for brds...
 Quetzalcoatl.Zorik
By Quetzalcoatl.Zorik 2014-07-17 14:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry I was speaking on XIV's behalf, I know the XI community says that ***all the time. I didn't specify properly.

2004 CoP
2006 ToAU
2007 WotG
2010 Abyssea
2013 SoA

I thought Rapture got started in 07.

Your right. I was going by the official announcement at E3 that year. IIRC we didn't know exactly what kind of game Rapture would be. Was it going to be FFXI-2, a new FF, or a completely new game with no FF label? We only knew for sure when XIV was announced (I could be wrong lol hard to remember).
 Quetzalcoatl.Zorik
By Quetzalcoatl.Zorik 2014-07-17 14:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said: »

2004 CoP
2006 ToAU
2007 WotG
2010 Abyssea
2013 SoA

This was mostly due to PS2 memory issues, not lack of workers/funding. After SE was able to increase the amount of usable space from the PS2 HDD, they began developing SOA.

2007-2013 SE development of FFXIV
2007-2013 FFXI received no new zones

I'm aware of SE and their "PS2 limitations", but it always seemed to me like an excuse to not push out large expansions because of the effort behind it. That effort would instead go toward XIV.

If I'm wrong then that's a pretty big coincidence.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-17 14:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets face it though , between 2007 and 2013 Square Enix was directly involved in over 200 gaming projects to include remakes, revamps, and new projects. The fact that FFXI has gotten the love that is has been getting is still a blessing to me. It took a while to get to Seekers of Adoulin but i'm just glad we got that to begin with. SE Title List
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-17 15:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »
Lets face it though , between 2007 and 2013 Square Enix was directly involved in over 200 gaming projects to include remakes, revamps, and new projects. The fact that FFXI has gotten the love that is has been getting is still a blessing to me. It took a while to get to Seekers of Adoulin but i'm just glad we got that to begin with. SE Title List

Still kinda wish the merger with Enix had never been necessary. All of Enix's (NA) games/franchises seem to suck to me.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-17 15:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

true, i remember as a kid seeing Square Soft load up on the screen meant ***just got real.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-07-17 15:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I mainly see XI hate from the cesspool that is guildwork, but they aren't worth it. I have seen a lot of hate towards XI though, over the time that XIV came out and now. There is some psychology behind it because I notice it in a lot of people who quit.

People really confuse me when it comes to disliking XI. The majority of people I talk to who quit seem like they feel they would never catch up if they came back (which is silly) and that they were wronged in some way. It's like they all thought if we stayed in HNM times with everyone except a few locked out of content they would enjoy it and the game would prosper. They have nostalgia goggles bolted on too tight.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-07-17 15:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

He was probably referring to something like Guildwork, you can't post pictures in game. Or how countless people spam ffxiah.com with XIV pictures, even though this site is for XI.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-07-17 15:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I would rather have any 14 pics I post on my XIAH account since it's the one I actually use. I don't like the XIVAH side of the site.
[+]
 Leviathan.Matteh
user: Matteh
By Leviathan.Matteh 2014-07-17 16:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Its funny and really hard to "hate" something after so many years of enjoying. I think hate a bit too strong of a word to be used, perhaps they just dislike or have personal problems that they need to get over. Maybe its the regret bottled up inside of having spent x amount of time playing and instead of pointing blame at them selves for creating their own regret, they wanna blame it on XI and then annoyed by the fact that the better players won't mass merge from XI to XIV?

TLDR: be like "zomg i spent 60hrs on FF, now FF2 out, y u no play FF2"

By Pantafernando 2014-07-17 16:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Matteh said: »
Its funny and really hard to "hate" something after so many years of enjoying. I think hate a bit too strong of a word to be used, perhaps they just dislike or have personal problems that they need to get over. Maybe its the regret bottled up inside of having spent x amount of time playing and instead of pointing blame at them selves for creating their own regret, they wanna blame it on XI and then annoyed by the fact that the better players won't mass merge from XI to XIV?

TLDR: be like "zomg i spent 60hrs on FF, now FF2 out, y u no play FF2"

"Love" and "hate" are different sides of the same coin.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-17 19:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

LowJeuno
LowJeuno
PortJeuno
LowJeuno
LowJeuno
UpJeuno
PortJeuno
LowJeuno

Holy crap at this /shout, more like troll lolol. He doesn't /shout for jobs nor zone until 14:32, 7 min later "lmao this game is dying and almost dead".

We should all go to ARR so we queue for 7 min in DF!
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-18 14:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

LowJeuno
LowJeuno
PortJeuno
LowJeuno
LowJeuno
UpJeuno
PortJeuno
LowJeuno

Holy crap at this /shout, more like troll lolol. He doesn't /shout for jobs nor zone until 14:32, 7 min later "lmao this game is dying and almost dead".

We should all go to ARR so we queue for 7 min in DF!

lol that escalated quickly
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-18 14:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Raborn 2014-07-18 15:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as FFXI went, I more or less got frustrated with the people I played with, and after a while just got tired of the content that was available.

I had to readjust myself by doing other things and then coming back to play it. Sometimes after new content was released, or the game had time to mature to a different mindset on certain content.

Not to mention when your way of thinking is different from the people you play with it can become highly frustrating.
Morals get in the way of certain techniques used, opinions clash, thoughts run rampart.

As far as FFXIV is concerned the population is very much higher than FFXI, even now after the populations have subsided. (I am on a legacy server and currently playing now).

The Quests and Storyline are much better and the gameplay far more interactive than FFXI's was and its so engaging it dwarfs FFXI in terms of player skill being > than gear alone.

The downside to it all is the long term interest, its far too easy to complete goals, get new armors and weapons, its more for people who don't have massive amounts of time to spend grinding online and more for casual gamers who enjoy the lighter and smaller things -- not to say that it isn't challenging.

I cancel my subscription after I complete the latest quests and story and wait for the next content to come out. I think it was 2 months that I quit playing for last time. Could be more could be less, I don't really know, I'm into a lot of things these days.

I didn't do that with FFXI usually because it was a better planned game as far as content went and kept you continuously interested and pursuing new goals.
FFXIV fails in that aspect. I don't see FFXIV lasting as long as XI unless SE pumps a lot more money into it and dumps smaller projects, AKA putting all the cards on the table --- and after the initial losses with XIV v1, I just do not see that happening.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-07-19 07:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You're a very negative person lol
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2014-07-19 07:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Or, the more reasonable explanation, SE didn't disclose how much they were making off of FFXIV. They're gaining the information from publishers and developers.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2014-07-19 08:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It's also worth noting that subscription payments for ARR didn't start till September 2013, which would exclude it from a June - June ranking.

MMOs are never initially profitable, they are long term ventures that spend the first year or 2 (possibly more) paying off their development cost. Trying to call one a success or failure a year in is like celebrating/panicing that you are going to be a parent 5 minutes after having sex.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-19 08:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
is like celebrating/panicing that you are going to be a parent 5 minutes after having sex.
"You couldn't hold it, could you?!"
"Oops..."
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]