Forum » FFXI » General » Reforged AF Weapons
Reforged AF Weapons
 Valefor.Angelous
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Angelus
By Valefor.Angelous 2014-07-17 02:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just happen to think of this the other day I'm surprised Square-Enix hasn't came up with the idea of Reforging the Artifact weapons that were wielded at level 40-43. It would be nice though instead of them sitting in moogle storage. Who else thinks its a great idea?
[+]
 Sylph.Siccmade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2014-07-17 02:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, sure. If they made them very Job Specific, something like a macro piece.

I know that wouldn't be as applicable for DDs but after all the "work" we put in for REMs and such, unless it was deeply based in content this game needs no more top tier weapon options.

So, I wouldn't be mad if they brought these back for some very niche uses.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-17 03:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

i think most people tossed there AF weapons and at least to my knowledge are impossible to reget so thats prolly the reason
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-17 03:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

what i would like to see is them reforge the Dbl attack weapons off of Magian trial and the ele staves
[+]
By Davorin 2014-07-17 03:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
i think most people tossed there AF weapons and at least to my knowledge are impossible to reget so thats prolly the reason

Artifact weapon quests are repeatable.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-07-17 03:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »

Artifact weapon quests are repeatable.

In fact, you have to repeat the AF weapon quest before you can even re-quest your AF armor.
[+]
By Voren 2014-07-17 03:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

what i would like to see is them reforge the Dbl attack weapons off of Magian trial and the ele staves

For a bit I thought that they would do this, but man was I disappointed. Although, considering the amount of flame geodes/ites needed to get a 99 currently, I can't imagine how many would be needed for i119. Costs of geodes and ites would skyrocket....again.

I could foresee a bunch of crying if they i119'd the magian weapons though. The TP GK was more powerful than almost any other empy/myth/relic GK for shoha.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-17 03:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

They made new jsweapons already, don't really see a reason to reforge the original ones too unless you wanna make a new line of legendaries(legendary Chakram for Dnc lol)
[+]
By Davorin 2014-07-17 03:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, Scholar's reward from the Artifact weapon quest was Klimaform, so yea...
By Voren 2014-07-17 03:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

And reforged af1 weapon for sch could be Hurikatrina, or if you really want to mess up all the things call it FEMA and give it a 75% chance of crashing the entire game.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-07-17 04:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »
And reforged af1 weapon for sch could be Hurikatrina, or if you really want to mess up all the things call it FEMA and give it a 75% chance of crashing the entire game.
Geomancers already got to crash the game.
[+]
By Voren 2014-07-17 04:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Touche, well played
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-17 07:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You essentially got this already with the augmentation of WKR and Plasm weapons. Far more customizable, too. In useful ways.

No *** AGI+ daggers that corsair can't use, bows that samurai can't use, etc.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jhedin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Jhedin 2014-07-17 08:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I was actually surprised that they didn't use the base AF1 weapon in the recent 119 JSE weapon creation via Oboro. It just seemed a logical thing to do, given that the AF reforging has everyone doing those quests, anyway. They could have finagled a work-around for RUN or GEO or any other job that loses their AF weapon via other quest-based means.

Oh well.
By FaeQueenCory 2014-07-17 08:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

You essentially got this already with the augmentation of WKR and Plasm weapons. Far more customizable, too. In useful ways.

No *** AGI+ daggers that corsair can't use, bows that samurai can't use, etc.
There's a WORLD of difference there.
Greatest Δ in the elemental staves.
The magic affinity stat is no longer used in anything...
Instead we have Mdmg...
But if they added an iLv to the magian weapons (which is something they've said is now being considered...) I doubt it would go all the way to 119.
115 or 117 at most in the name of balance. (In a similar manner that the 99 weapons generally had lower DPS than REMs in exchange for their potent effects.)
Though I guess they could just have gimp DPS with iLv119... But I feel they'd want to differentiate them more than that.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-17 20:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I Stand corrected i didnt not know you could re-quest AF at all lol
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-17 20:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

essentially righr right however its more of a i wish i ddint waste time on that *** thats collecting dust in my MH lol mine was straught up Dbl attk tho not Occ attacks
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-07-18 07:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably a dumb idea. We JUST got JSE weapons from Oboro. Its literally the same thing they just added recently.

No point in regurgitating that nonsense - the 119 JSE weapons are more than adequate for most jobs, which, unlike the artifact version, sucked for virtually every job.
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-07-18 08:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
But if they added an iLv to the magian weapons (which is something they've said is now being considered...)

They've never said that. Infact, I think they said the opposite at some point, that Trial of the Magians would not be revamped, at all.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-07-18 09:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, I've started noticing a trend of people claiming SE promised this and that when really they are wild claims. From now on, don't even post about what SE promised to do unless you have a source. People be making ***up, its getting hard to identify what was clearly stated and what someone just made up
[+]
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Server: Cerberus
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-07-18 12:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember doing 2 fire sword solo on blue at 75, waking at 3am to hit the time when I could go to Halvuung and kill 10-12 flans before time was up. This took more time than a relic/effort than a relic. Obviously with the addition of Abyssea this was all made a lot easier.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-18 17:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

yes but there are alot of us that are finding it too diffcult to get the requirement Orobo has, not all of us want/have Ochain pld or RNG or stunner sch. maybe if they found some new setups that work for other jobs.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-18 17:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

How about reforging some relic accessories like the belts and capes?

That would be nice.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2014-07-18 17:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »

I remember doing 2 fire sword solo on blue at 75, waking at 3am to hit the time when I could go to Halvuung and kill 10-12 flans before time was up. This took more time than a relic/effort than a relic. Obviously with the addition of Abyssea this was all made a lot easier.

yes, getting out of bed to kill 10-12 flans at a time definitely took more effort than getting 150 mill pre-abyssea. i mean camping hnms, spamming dynamis, and getting a high level craft were nothing compared to those halvung flans.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-07-18 19:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

essentially righr right however its more of a i wish i ddint waste time on that *** thats collecting dust in my MH lol mine was straught up Dbl attk tho not Occ attacks
Ladies and Gentlemen, the American education system at it's finest.