Long Time No See, Thinking Of Returning?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Long time no see, thinking of returning?
Long time no see, thinking of returning?
By Nyruul 2014-07-16 19:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Luvbunny1 2014-07-17 12:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You should definitely come back. There are plenty of things to do now in the game. Tons of daily activities that you can solo or duo. They did amazing jobs in turning around this game in the span of one year and added many many features that helps a lot of players to be able to log and play. If they continue updating existing contents and remixing a host of older contents, I think this game will have a good future. Big update is planned next month.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-17 13:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dijana said: »
Edit: A 6th question, how are RUN and GEO? I was really interested in them when they were announced but I heard at the time of their release they either didnt work well or didnt have any decent gear. Is that still an issue or are they useful/fun now?

Despite I don't play them so I may not answer correctly, I don't see anyone else answer the question so I'll do it!

RUN is still the "magical tank" with quite a lot of hate tools. In past 1 year SE's been adjusting it so a very well geared RUN may be somewhat close. With new 119 relic/AF and new ergon weapon, it can have decent DT- in tanking aspect or a bit more dmg when you want to DD.

That being said, it still fall behind a real tank and a real DD. An ochain/aegis PLD or tsuru SAM is still easier and cheaper to gear than an ergon weapon RUN. Last time when I check spreadsheet using prothescar's set, even ergon weapon RUN in full DD mode fall a bit behind tsuru SAM. Ocain/Aegis PLD is more durable than RUN as well. So it's basically twice amount of work to perform like other jobs.

I'd say, just like BLU, DNC, NIN etc, it's a job that if you really love it and put efforts in it you'd find it useful, but don't expect auto party invite. Most people(especially JPs) solo with it though.

As for GEO, it's mostly(and pretty much only) used in yorcia. But recently SE added new haste spell so maybe that'd change soon. It's also a DD/support hybrid job. It can support the pt, or deal dmg with nukes. GEO is a bit more useful than RUN if you like to party though.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-17 13:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget to say thar run is very fun to play though c:
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-17 13:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Don't forget to say thar run is very fun to play though c:

Not as fun as corsair, amirite? :<
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2014-07-17 18:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

RUN is probably one of the best jobs to bring to a party.

The defensive power it gives /nin with valiance is amazing.
[+]