Returning Player (New Question)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Returning player (New question)
Returning player (New question)
By mortontony1 2014-07-13 11:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone! I stopped playing in Feb. 2013 due to money issues and have just now finally started up again. I'm curious if anyone could give me a quick step by step catch up on what I should do to get mostly current for gear/content. Never did NNI but got a few decent +2 Abyssea armors, and was never able to get an Empy weapon. I played long enough to get all my armor and weapons from the sparks guy in Adoulin, but that's about it. Been looking at Reforged relic gear with a group of 3-4 casual players and it should be do-able, but what else? I know it's kind of a broad and pain in the butt question, but I'll appreciate any answers you guys have!
By Pantafernando 2014-07-13 12:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Find a friendly ls with people at same situation as you.

I would suggest reddit ls in asura.
By mortontony1 2014-07-13 12:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Find a friendly ls with people at same situation as you.

I would suggest reddit ls in asura.

I'll poke around, but a server transfer is out of the question for me. Those 3-4 people I play with are RL family members, we get together once a week, sometimes more to play together.
By Regiment 2014-07-13 12:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Farm rem's tales 1-5 (easy fights with PLD holding the mobs and standard dd/bard or rdm set up) in order to do these fights you need Sacred Kindred crests (but can also exchange other seals for them)

that will reforge your af/relic gear to 109 and then you can start to participate in just about everything else ^-^ also look up sparks quests and start to gather sparks. that can get you the 119 version of the 109 gear i just mentioned, without having to partake in the (semi)difficult ArkAngel fights.
By mortontony1 2014-07-13 13:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Regiment said: »
Farm rem's tales 1-5 (easy fights with PLD holding the mobs and standard dd/bard or rdm set up) in order to do these fights you need Sacred Kindred crests (but can also exchange other seals for them)

that will reforge your af/relic gear to 109 and then you can start to participate in just about everything else ^-^ also look up sparks quests and start to gather sparks. that can get you the 119 version of the 109 gear i just mentioned, without having to partake in the (semi)difficult ArkAngel fights.

Would it be worth the time to upgrade base relic to +1/+2 before doing the reforging?
By Regiment 2014-07-13 13:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah! Would save some Gil. Sometimes I just skip a step and pay the extra (2x 100coins) but if you can find the items reasonably priced that's a good way to avoid some extra Gil farming
By Regiment 2014-07-13 13:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

In terms of saving rems that's only 5 saved and they are easy to farm
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-07-13 13:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
Regiment said: »

Would it be worth the time to upgrade base relic to +1/+2 before doing the reforging?
Generally you want to upgrade the relic to +2 and do the augment trial in dyna beforehand since it saves you a bit of gil and cuts the rem's tale chapter requirement for reforging it to the 109 version in half (5 pages instead of 10). It really depends on how much you want to spam for paper and pay gil for 100piece dyna money to shortcut the process or not.

Bgwiki has a really nice table for relic/AF reforging, and you can see the cost based on starting with a base piece/+1/+2/+2 augmented piece Relic Armor Reforging
The general path people do is to upgrade their most often-used pieces to 109 and then start with the most critical pieces when stretching the upgrade to the costlier 119 version.

Until you get 119 reforge pieces, you can usually use records of eminence iLevel 117 armor and wildkeeper reive iLvl 115 pieces as substitute pieces to fill any weak spots.
By mortontony1 2014-07-13 13:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright I suppose I'll be doing some Dynamis then! Recommendations for weapons? Never did much for the trial weapons, Should I just stick with the weapon from the sparks for a while?
By mortontony1 2014-07-13 13:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Also; I'll try out the burning circles for them, but I was planning on mostly just using sparks for the rem's tales.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-07-13 13:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If you need weaponry, the sparks weapons (eminent) ones are good starters.
If you can spend time on getting into wildkeeper reives when you see a shout, all the ilevel 115 weapons are augmentable.

This npc handles the augmenting process for wkr weapons, and here's a link to the list of augments (OaT being quite popular on weapons due to the high proc rate): Prah Janimhar
By Pantafernando 2014-07-13 13:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Imo, the easiest/cheapest way to get really good gear/weapon is skirmish.

Cirdas and rala will provide base weapon with some random chance. Yorcia skirmish will provide gears sets for each group of jobs, and kis to first upgrade weapon, rakaznar will provide kis to fully upgrade the weapons and gear to 119. All skirmish gears are very important nowaday, they provide balanced stats and the possibility of addind pdt/mdt, making those sets the best if you want to hybrid your gear with surviability without sacrificing too much performance. A very good start point.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By mortontony1 2014-07-13 20:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

New question: is is possible to solo old Nyzule? Would like to get the base weapons for some of my jobs and get the weapon skills.
By lvicious 2014-07-13 23:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah I'd like to know that as well^
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2014-07-13 23:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

lvicious said: »
yeah I'd like to know that as well^
mortontony1 said: »
New question: is is possible to solo old Nyzule? Would like to get the base weapons for some of my jobs and get the weapon skills.

Been asked a million times. Yes, so long as you don't get lamps.
[+]