Quitters, a serious question, please
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-07-12 00:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I should've just simply asked what the people who quit do with their time, instead of bothering to pre-rule out all the things and reasons why I wouldn't/couldn't since they wouldn't be read anyway.

If you quit, what do you do with your former FFXI time? Aside from work/sleep.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-07-12 00:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

get a job?
[+]
By Kooljack 2014-07-12 01:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

wwwwoooooowwwwww

honestly tho, ppl who admit their boredom are the worst people.

It is noone else's job to entertain oneself except yours.

I geek out on boxing imo, try solo 4boxing delves2.0's if you could do that would you be 'bored' with XI?

Noone else can make the standards to which your life carries fun and meaning in every second except you. make yourself believe whatever it is you need to beleive to not be BOOOORRRRREEEEEDDDD.

everytime i hear someone say 'i,m bored' i think that person is a dumb fool. make your life into the standards by which you wont be a boredhead.

PPL who want this MMO to be lived back in the 75'er are simplistic imo, i love the depth
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-07-12 01:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are that pathetic and don't want to like, go outside and make friends, simply play a better videogame. There are a ton of them out there.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-07-12 01:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Play the sims, teaches you how to socialize.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-12 01:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Find a gf/wife and makes kids=> boom no more free time!
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-07-12 01:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting a job could work. Just make sure you get a job you like cause if not then it will do nothing for your boredom at all and actually make it worse.

Another option is play something else, doesn't have to be a MMO. I suggest playing some old school RPGs. Wizardry, Might and Magic, Ultima, games like these can totally eat all your extra time. Think you can get all of those at GOG.com.

If you want to get away from games all together some options are making models, playing stuff like Strat-o-matic sports board games, or jogging.

Getting a girlfriend/boyfriend works too but if you are having trouble not being bored it could be a problem. No one likes a Debbie Downer.

On the negative front you can try drugs, drinking, and hookers. I hear a lot of people love wasting time and looking like a moron with weed.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-12 01:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also go study and find the purpose of men on earth either from religion, philosophy, history, science or all of those together that would def take you a lot of time.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-12 01:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Getting a two jobs could work. Just make sure you get a job you like cause if not then it will do nothing for your boredom at all and actually make it worse.

Fixed.

Unless you work 15hr a day you still have plenty of free time with a 10hr job. I woke up at 8am, and got home at 9pm yesterday, and still got time to FFXI for about 2~3hr after dinner.

So most likely you'd be doing something else if not playing FFXI. I don't know where do that "I can't play FFXI with a job" coming from. You'd need 2 jobs to fill the void from not playing FFXI :(
[+]
 Asura.Voidwolf
user: Voidwolf
By Asura.Voidwolf 2014-07-12 01:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Cut yourself off from FFXI.
2. Go outside. Talk to someone. You've obviously got some personal ***to deal with and a video game forum is the last place you're going to find the answers you need.
[+]
 Sylph.Jrpg
Server: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2014-07-12 01:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fap
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-07-12 01:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, when I first quit, I was in a conundrum. That's why it took me multiple times to quit for good. It's also the same reason I get hooked on a show or movie and when it ends I just can't deal with it.

Basically, I get stuck in characters and situations. I was so used to the world set up in FFXI that it was hard to adjust being away from it. I mean, I had a life, too. I was going to school and hanging out with friends and whatnot, but the game was sort of my rock.

What I've found is that you need to occupy your time with other things. Even when you hate it and you think it's not worth putting your time into it, keep at it anyway. For me, that came with being more social, exercising on a regular basis and stuffing my nose in books. Just like any addiction, it's hard to deal with anything else.

If anything, try to remember what you enjoyed doing before you started playing FFXI. I know it's been around for a decade and a half, but surely you're older than the game is. If not, well... go discover the world! Odds are you have, though. Thank back to those activities and see if you could do them, again.

Also, yeah. Be more social. One thing that bothers me about technology these days is that it's too easy to get sucked in and not experience all the great things life has to offer.

So, like the posters before me, get off your keister and live a little. If you don't like the activity, push yourself to try it anyway. Start playing a new instrument. Get lost in the works of Shakespeare or Coleridge. Go see what's so important about that big yellow ball in the sky.

Edit: Like my buddy always told me, if we had spent the time playing games studying and working on our education, we'd probably all be doctors by now.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-07-12 01:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
I don't know where do that "I can't play FFXI with a job" coming from.
I didn't say that. It just wasn't mentioned if the OP has a job so it was an option to suggest.
By Nyruul 2014-07-12 01:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

lol
edit: sorry valli i couldnt resist. you should watch that movie though its awesome
By Voren 2014-07-12 01:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Try going after nocturnus helm and nocturnus mail That should keep you busy for a while :)
By Nyruul 2014-07-12 02:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't say that. It just wasn't mentioned if the OP has a job so it was an option to suggest.

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
The only thing that keeps me sane is wasting the hours I have not working/sleeping is playing this
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-07-12 02:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyruul said: »

The only thing that keeps me sane is wasting the hours I have not working/sleeping is playing this
Ah whoops lol its late. My excuse and I'm sticking to it!
By Nyruul 2014-07-12 02:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah whoops lol its late. My excuse and I'm sticking to it!

all good, you weren't the only person who missed that.
 Sylph.Jrpg
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2014-07-12 02:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously though, I took up learning a language. I'm failing pretty hard at it, but it takes time. I went back to FFXI two months ago, and perhaps it wasn't the best idea for my studying, since I seem to be incapable of playing "casually". But I kinda needed something to ease the monotony of my million Anki reviews each day.

仕方がないでしょ (´д`; )
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-07-12 02:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I started to work out and hit the gym alot more, being active and trying to socialize when i could. otherthan that, dusted off my ps3 and caught up on a ton of console games, and pc games.

not every game has to be an mmo.
[+]
By Voren 2014-07-12 02:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
I started to work out and hit the gym alot more, being active and trying to socialize when i could. otherthan that, dusted off my ps3 and caught up on a ton of console games, and pc games.

not every game has to be an mmo.

^This.

I played straight through on all three mass effects. It's pretty good with all DLC and no gaps between games.

Also, Tali....mmm datass.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Hispiforce
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Hispiforce 2014-07-12 02:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ffxiv
By Nyruul 2014-07-12 02:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Hispiforce said: »
Ffxiv

dont do that ^

ffxiv effort/reward ratio is the polar opposite of ffxi. aka WoW

also...

maybe you have spent to much time on this game...
[+]
 Sylph.Knala
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2014-07-12 02:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyruul said: »
dont do that ^

ffxiv effort/reward ratio is the polar opposite of ffxi. aka WoW

After quitting 11 i moved on and tried to form a social life for a bit but missed mmo'n played wow for a bit got geared up to the point where i could do progressive raiding in wow and enjoyed it but my work schedule now precludes me from playing seriously once again.

That said i'd like to say the major difference between 14 and wow beyond graphics is less carpel tunnel, combat is still engaging without me mashing the hell out of my keyboard.

That and well just overall there are many things it's doing i like over wow save for the last few legs of the relic weapon quest which feel like a major step back in the reward to effort ratio...

Not that im saying it should be easy to obtain one of the best weapons in the game ("best" atm since it seems some of the high allegean weapons are better...) but they started implimenting RNG into the factors... god do i hate rng.
 Sylph.Ryogo
user: Rolypoly
By Sylph.Ryogo 2014-07-12 03:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valli, I can relate to being pulled toward the game while being burnt out at the same time. I'm a "quitter" myself: I had about 700 days /playlog when I "quit" during WotG in 2008. The best advice I can give is that you don't need to quit permanently to improve your situation outside of the game. That's advice from a quitter.

I'm feeling blue reading this thread -_-
By Voren 2014-07-12 03:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of the stuff in 14 can be counted as situational.

I had a DPS set up on PLD. Before you laugh, there's a reason for it, it's situational. Like Ifrit HM where PLD is basically a stunner and you don't want to miss a stun due to cool down, so having more DET and crit than VIT will help a little for just swinging away while the main tank does their thing. It also makes farming mats faster.

14 ended up annoying me. Duty finder puts together.....eclectic people. It's a crap shoot if you get morons, elitists, douchenozzles, or a combination thereof.

I missed 11, found myself on this forum and trying to keep up with changing gear sets.
By Nyruul 2014-07-12 03:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i dont think he understood what i meant at all. i really was relating to old ffxi where your rewards where very short of the effort you put in. 14 i feel like a spoiled rich kid who gets rewarded for doing things that are expected of him.
 Sylph.Knala
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2014-07-12 03:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I found duty finder or not i ran into the same mix of people trying to do missions in 11 or w/e wow's equivalent of duty finder is, its the nature of the online community and or players in an mmo.

One thing i have to say on the negative of 14 vs 11 is that its so easy to get around you spend most of your time missing out on the world overall as you can go straight to point a/b and given how beautiful 14 is its somewhat a shame.
By Nyruul 2014-07-12 03:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Knala said: »
I found duty finder or not i ran into the same mix of people trying to do missions in 11 or w/e wow's equivalent of duty finder is, its the nature of the online community and or players in an mmo.

One thing i have to say on the negative of 14 vs 11 is that its so easy to get around you spend most of your time missing out on the world overall as you can go straight to point a/b and given how beautiful 14 is its somewhat a shame.

thats very true. ok lets stop derailing this.

The human race as a whole, irritates me, everything they do, everything they say.

I suck at giving advice. but its easy to identify that the above is your biggest issue and relates to most of your issues. if you hate people then you will hate everything they do. which means you wont like their tv ect... so idk get a tent and go live in the woods for a month and see if you can survive then maybe appreciate what society does for your existence that you seem to hate so much and maybe you can appreciate other people despite the fact that they are all messed up.

ive talked to you in game valli and you seemed pretty cool to me and nothing you said here really changed my opinion about you so dont take this as an attack.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5