Game Doesn't Recognize That I Already Own SoA

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Game doesn't recognize that I already own SoA
Game doesn't recognize that I already own SoA
 Shiva.Devrom
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-07-11 17:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently updated the game on my old computer which didn't have SoA files before and it appears locked when I login. The update didn't download SoA files for some reason.

When I bought SoA, I only ran an update and it worked, but it didn't work this time. I double checked on my SE account too and it says SoA is registered so I can't see the problem. Any ideas?
By Aikawa 2014-07-11 17:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

you still need to install the expansion, this is not like WoW that just having it registered you will download everything when updating.
 Shiva.Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-07-11 17:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't remember installing it separately at all >.<

Edit: only other possible option is I might have bought it from SE store but I can't check right now because it doesn't let me login there either... But I did check my emails and there is no purchase notification regarding SoA and I hardly ever delete emails from SE just in case.

I will either contact support and get my store login fixed (hopefully... I hate SE support like everyone else) or try the free trial install and see if it installs SoA separately...

If I bought it from SE store, it would let me redownload the installer, right?
By Silverfox6868 2014-07-11 17:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

looks like u need to call suport
 Shiva.Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-07-11 18:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

just talked to support and they say they can't help me because SE store is handled by some third party company and sends me there. hope those guys are helpful...
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2014-07-11 18:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Devrom said: »
just talked to support and they say they can't help me because SE store is handled by some third party company and sends me there. hope those guys are helpful...

Worse case is you might have to re-buy it. I suggest amazon if you do, it keeps your digital purchase in a library like folder. All you gotta do is log into amazon and click library and it will be there to download w/e you need it.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-07-11 18:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Check your email for that SoA expansion. The link should still be saved. I would also jot down your codes for your reference and prolly save a copy of the SoA installer incase you need to reinstall it again.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-11 18:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

sent OP a PM.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-07-11 18:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

are you sure the add-on installed in the proper directory?
could be that the game itself is not reading the installation because it was installed on a different folder ?

did you add the add-on's code to your account ?
By Jetackuu 2014-07-11 18:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Expansions need to be downloaded/installed, they will not self download/install/register unless it's one of: "Three add-on scenarios" or the 3 "Abyssean Battle Area Add-ons" you need to have a copy of the install media for it, whether it be digital or physical (mostly console anymore, SoA wasn't released on physical for PC iirc).

You also need to have the code registered to the account, but as that already seems to be good, you're issue is with lacking the installation.

Amazon's a great place to get the codes if you don't like Steam, the service that SE used to sell it sucked balls.
 Shiva.Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-07-12 01:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank everyone and especially Jetackuu for taking the time to PM me a solution.

I have finally found the email regarding my purchase and it looks like I got it from another e-store and I can still download it from there. Oh well, stupid me XD The transaction had been processed by some third party company so I didn't recognize it when I first checked...

Sorry about taking your time for replying everyone. o|-|_
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2014-07-19 00:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So I reactivated my account for a month to help friend and got everything downloaded back on my laptop... However, I got a message saying seekers areas would be "unavailable". I reinstalled from an already purchased "seekers edition" via steam, so why is seekers not loading up? I already payed for it at realease 2 years ago. No idea why it didn't upload with rest of game. Any help would be appreciated.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-19 00:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
So I reactivated my account for a month to help friend and got everything downloaded back on my laptop... However, I got a message saying seekers areas would be "unavailable". I reinstalled from an already purchased "seekers edition" via steam, so why is seekers not loading up? I already payed for it at realease 2 years ago. No idea why it didn't upload with rest of game. Any help would be appreciated.
You don't have it installed properly, double check your paths.
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-07-21 08:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Devrom said: »
the guys at the 3rd party company are as dumb as the se support most of the time good luck