Forum » FFXI » General » Double Salvage paper drops
Double Salvage paper drops
 Bismarck.Osaia
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2014-07-11 09:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear SE, if you making these papers drop double again, pls make my Ares' body relevant again. On that same note, does anyone think a revamp/upgrade is coming for salvage gear?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-11 10:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Osaia said: »
Dear SE, if you making these papers drop double again, pls make my Ares' body relevant again. On that same note, does anyone think a revamp/upgrade is coming for salvage gear?

I've been building all the sets on both my mule and myself as I do Salvage for Alex. I don't know if it's in the works or not, but I won't be caught off-guard if it is.
[+]
 Asura.Dakenx
Server: Asura
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Dakenx 2014-07-11 10:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Osaia said: »

Ares still has a use for an idle body! lol Also if they don't plan to update salvage armor this is a pretty useless campaign overall. Nice for the few people that need to +1 the few good pieces there are but overall pointless for a good majority of the player base.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-07-11 12:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if they don't revamp Salvage gear, any increased interest in Salvage farming has a little benefit for people working on Mythics in the form of somewhat increased Alex supply/price competition. There does seem to be an increase in activity in any event that S-E features in one of these special campaigns.

That being said, in connection with S-E looking at Salvage 1 (cells finally stack as of this update!!!), and their continued focus on addressing balance/overcrowding in Salvage 2.0 zones, the timing does seem a little curious. Maybe it's simply to make Salvage+1 pieces easier to get and they don't intend to upgrade them at all, but I think I'll be farming some extra plans juuuuust in case this is a sign. Even if they don't it's not totally wasted time, I'm making money on Alex anyway...