Forum » FFXI » Servers » Sylph » My Road To Ochain
My Road To Ochain
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-07-09 11:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to let everyone know i have gotten my Ochain now.let me give you a little idea of what a pain this was.

my friend willing took most of his friend time and helped me farm pops for iron plates and my linkshell when they had a sec gave me pops they had laying around and helped me kill them as well.well after like 3 weeks of doing iron plates they are done.

Then i started what would be the most painful thing i have ever done for my pld and it is not even going to end with that pain.Colorless Souls something like 6-7 months time when i was free working on souls with to many to count people from my ls and people i know.but i got them done 2 friends really gave nearly every free sec they had from my 42-45 soul range.

next the nice change Horns well horns took me 2 weeks or something like that seeing as things came up but horns can be done in 2-4 days if you keep working at it.

I wanted to take this time to thank everyone from my LS and all the people who gave me there time they could of been working on something for them selfs.remember this is not 100% list seeing as to many to count and remember helped me lets start with

My linkshell as a whole thank you very much and i want to thank the people of my server for putting up with me when i started and ended this all the times i said sorry i got this but no ochain yet.

now some of the names i can remember off the time of my head
some names will be edited so people do not know who they are.
I am also sorry if i leave your names out or i forget but trust me the fact i forget your names does not mean i forget or did not remember how much it means to me that you helped me

if you want your name removed let me know
just please remember this list is to long to remember everyone.

Dragon
camtheman and strawberrycat
(this is not his name but you know who you are)

(a new friend happy that i met you and happy that we both have so much respect for each other thank you for giving me your time when you helped me with horns.)

Bof

sage
gel (i have to check the ls list ever time for your name but i will change it later if wrong thanks for making lights for us to save us time in the long run on horns.)

Random Japaneses guy

Again all the people of my linkshell thank you.When i think of more names i will add them for now i will leave this as and say thank you very much i am done with 1 big project now time to start the bigger project.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Feary
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-07-12 19:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

congrats.

i hope you dont continue to allow yourself to be ignorant about your job. im rooting for you.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2014-07-13 00:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

i find it odd you needed help with plates, i soloed everything till horns and only got ppl sometimes. and that was back when only 113/110 delve gear was out/ common.
[+]
 Phoenix.Samenosuke
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Samenosuke 2014-07-13 04:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

making ochain with the new adoulin gear is very easy. I made one within 7 days solo using nin/war from start to finish
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2014-07-15 05:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no idea how it could possibly take 3 weeks to do plates. I got 25 plates done solo in a few hours (then I got bored with it, might pick it up again some time in the future).
By Pantafernando 2014-07-15 05:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »

Random Japaneses guy

I bet hes very happy of your remembering him, and being so accurately when describing him.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-07-15 06:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Random Japaneses guy

I bet hes very happy of your remembering him, and being so accurately when describing him.

Not as happy as those Germans!
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-07-15 06:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Samenosuke said: »
making ochain with the new adoulin gear is very easy. I made one within 7 days solo using nin/war from start to finish
I'm assuming I'd be able to do something similar with war/nin, assuming 119 gear?
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-15 06:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »

Random Japaneses guy

Not as happy as thoseBrazilians!
FTFY
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-07-15 06:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Asura.Ackeronll said: »

Random Japaneses guy

Not as happy as thoseBrazilians!
FTFY
Both work lol. One sarcastic and one blunt!
 Phoenix.Samenosuke
By Phoenix.Samenosuke 2014-07-20 08:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Phoenix.Samenosuke said: »
I'm assuming I'd be able to do something similar with war/nin, assuming 119 gear?

you should be able to do that no problem i just used razed ruins, mounted champion, apoc. i farmed in grauberg killed VNM 2 or 3 depending on VNM pop and ran and killed ki bugard got red and ki then went up and killed azdaja and back to vnm. 119 armor makes farming one very easy. i saved the plates for last as they are so easy to get and i wanted to get souls out of the way first but ended up doing horns and souls side by side. the horns and plates are the easier ones but souls are the pain in the rear. the plates took me 2-3 hours to do and had horns done long before souls.
 Valefor.Lisamarie
Server: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2014-07-20 10:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

How easy was Azdaja solo on NIN, Samenosuke?

I have NIN, and I have DNC, neither of which are really "uber" geared. I have like, kannakiri+1, otronif gear, etc since I've been away for about 8 months I'm missing most of the new AF and newer delve drops.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jhedin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Jhedin 2014-07-20 10:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're in full Adoulin gear of 113 or higher, I'd say you should have no problem with any abyssea farming, Azdaja included.

Azdaja is a total wuss. All you need are shadows - to ensure you don't get hit by a random en-doom or en-petrify or en-amnesia - and some form of stun to deal with his -ga magic. He casts infrequently enough that Violent Flourish, Stun, and Sudden Lunge will all be available again before casting again.

NIN/DNC or DNC/NIN are both excellent choices for Azdaja solo. I frequently farm my Ochain as BLU/NIN, so I cap azure/amber, and spend a day farming Maere and Azdaja with virtually no difficulty at all.

Oh, and tank Azdaja from behind. Spike Flail will almost always miss.
By Chyula 2014-07-20 11:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

bringing an army of mules is not solo, I like how some of these epeens claiming finish x amount in few hours soloing. Talking like it don't take time to farm PI and KI.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-07-20 11:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure you have apoc and can even tank weakned and with cruor buffs dispelled.

I did my azdajas as thf/dnc. Stun his agas and hardly will have any problem.

Chyula said: »
bringing an army of mules is not solo, I like how some of these epeens claiming finish x amount in few hours soloing. Talking like it don't take time to farm PI and KI.

When i did, it was pretty timed. Fighting deelgeed, fighting azdaja, when azdaja was dead was about time for new respawn, so just need to repeat. Respawn is 10-15 mins, 1,5 horn per kill. So a total of 12h is feasible to finish this trial solo, suposing you are lucky with procs.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-07-20 11:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Like two months to finish an ochain? geeze
 Fenrir.Evildemon
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Evildemon 2014-07-20 11:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Back when I was still playing maere was a problem everytime with nightmare. But that also pre-adoulin.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-07-20 11:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Isolation
Server: Leviathan
user: ringly
By Leviathan.Isolation 2014-07-20 12:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The KI for souls can be saved if you know the trick. SO yes, it can be done fast without all the farming
By Pantafernando 2014-07-20 12:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Isolation said: »
The KI for souls can be saved if you know the trick. SO yes, it can be done fast without all the farming

I believe they fixed this some time ago.
 Shiva.Isolation
Server: Shiva
user: ringly
By Shiva.Isolation 2014-07-20 12:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe they fixed this some time ago.
Guess I wont be finishing my harpe then! much too lazy
By Chyula 2014-07-20 14:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

you talking about spamming the rest button?
 Phoenix.Samenosuke
By Phoenix.Samenosuke 2014-07-21 04:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Lisamarie said: »
How easy was Azdaja solo on NIN, Samenosuke?

I have NIN, and I have DNC, neither of which are really "uber" geared. I have like, kannakiri+1, otronif gear, etc since I've been away for about 8 months I'm missing most of the new AF and newer delve drops.
Azdaja was very easy for nin/war, fight takes 3-5 minutes. I always bought the cruor HP temp items at the entrance to use on azdaja as he does ga spells. Don't forget to keep new adoulin equip on, the sparks 117 armor or baylds 117 are good choices if you dont have 119 and there are also 117 weapons from both sources

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-07-21 06:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Go on thf/dnc, forget about Deelgeed - get amber up and just do chests for KI. There's only 2 KIs in this zone from chest so it's fast. And you don't have to worry about being petrified or sacrificing TH for the ability to proc etc.