Forum » FFXI » General » new Homepoints
new Homepoints
 Odin.Acacia
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Acacia
By Odin.Acacia 2014-07-10 11:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having trouble finding home point #5 in Uleguerand Range. According to the positions listed on the update page it should be at (G-9), can anyone give me more a detailed location?
By SeekerStar 2014-07-10 12:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't even find a list of he new HPs, if anyone has that or can tell me where I would appeciate it!
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-07-10 12:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

patch notes
 Sylph.Nimmstalph
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Nimmstalph 2014-07-10 12:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Home points have been added to the following areas.
Uleguerand Range (H-7, J-9, K-7, H-5, G-9) / Attohwa Chasm (G-6) / Pso’Xja (?-?)* / Newton Movalpolos (M-9) / Riverne-Site #A01 (I-9) / Al’Taieu (H-4, E-6, L-6) / The Grand Palace of Hu’Xzoi (H-8) / The Garden of Ru’Hmet (H-9)

from BGwiki
 Quetzalcoatl.Disturb
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: moveZig1
By Quetzalcoatl.Disturb 2014-07-10 12:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I'm having trouble finding home point #5 in Uleguerand Range. According to the positions listed on the update page it should be at (G-9), can anyone give me more a detailed location?
You need to slide down the south facing cliff, aiming for the south west ledge. Then its down the tunnel before the zoneline.
By SeekerStar 2014-07-10 12:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you kindly ^^
 Odin.Acacia
Server: Odin
user: Acacia
By Odin.Acacia 2014-07-10 12:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Disturb said: »
Quote:
You need to slide down the south facing cliff, aiming for the south west ledge. Then its down the tunnel before the zoneline.
Oh man, that was the only tunnel I didn't check because I thought that brought you to the one near the waypoint, but that's behind the ice wall. Thanks for the info!
 Valefor.Xerus
Server: Valefor
user: Xerus
By Valefor.Xerus 2014-07-11 03:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to wonder if the 3 next to the Limbus entrances were supposed to be there for convenience sake specifically for Limbus. If so, its almost against the point because you'd still have to search around for a flower or the ??? spot for cards. Can't think of any High Tier Battlefield that could be put into those areas either, since we already have Ultima/Omega V2.

The one right outside the Gully is handy though. The one in Uleguerand near Bearclaw seems to be a hint that we'll be seeing a revamp fight there. Harder Snoll fight okgo. Same with the Mine Shaft. Guess its better they are giving us the HPs before the new battlefields are even there yet, or just really weird timing on the placements.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-07-11 04:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Xerus said: »
I have to wonder if the 3 next to the Limbus entrances were supposed to be there for convenience sake specifically for Limbus. If so, its almost against the point because you'd still have to search around for a flower or the ??? spot for cards.
Easy way to leave once you've finished Limbus, negates the need for some form of warp.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2014-07-11 05:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I have to wonder if the 3 next to the Limbus entrances were supposed to be there for convenience sake specifically for Limbus. If so, its almost against the point because you'd still have to search around for a flower or the ??? spot for cards.
Easy way to leave once you've finished Limbus, negates the need for some form of warp.
Or a possible iLv Limbus update... Who knows at this point... Seems like they're preempting the Zdei and Promathia BCs with a HP in the elevator...
Same with Diabolos.
So... It could be convenience... Or it could be a revamp.
(Personally, I've always hated Limbus... So... I hope it's not a revamp.)
 Ragnarok.Bepe
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2014-07-11 07:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see a promanthia hard mode being a thing. That was a really fun fight. Heck they already did shadowlord and eldarnache.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-07-11 07:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Apocalypse Nigh: VD! GooO!! Eald'narche and Kam'lanaut together again!! =D
 Bismarck.Osaia
Server: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2014-07-11 09:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I like where the game is going. I've had the most fun spamming Ouryu V2 for the last 3 days with some friends. New homepoints, and new/old places to go with them are very welcome additions.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-07-11 12:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The one right outside the Gully is handy though. The one in Uleguerand near Bearclaw seems to be a hint that we'll be seeing a revamp fight there. Harder Snoll fight okgo. Same with the Mine Shaft. Guess its better they are giving us the HPs before the new battlefields are even there yet, or just really weird timing on the placements.

I think you're reading too much into this, and they're just working through adding HPs at all mission battlefield areas. Of course they've added new HPs for any high tier battlefields in the updates those fights appear, but otherwise it looks like they're now just going back and filling in gaps. This update was CoP focused - all of the CoP mission battlefields and ENM/Limbus entrances (minus Promyvions).

We're now missing very few mission/battlefield zone HPs. Off the top of my head:
- Ghelsba Outpost (I think they got every other seal/crest NM battlefield)
- Full Moon Fountain
- Navukgo Execution Chamber (not many ToAU mission battlefields, to begin with, and we already got two HPs with Legacy/Puppet KI fights)
- WotG stuff (seems likely to show up in one of the next updates)
- Promyvions (likely intentional given the nature of the zones and a desire to make people do the climb)

Cerberus.Tidis said: »

Yep, nice to leave that way. Though it WOULD be very helpful if they added a ??? spot next to the entrances too...
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-07-11 13:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bring on the revamped Avatar prime fights.
By Zoltar 2014-07-11 15:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Bring on the revamped Avatar prime fights.

All of this.

Or all avatars at same time like DM!!
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-12 22:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

There are some HP in Limbus (just in front of the enterence not actully IN limbus lol) not sure if thats old or not