Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Chatoyant Staff/Gearswap questions
Chatoyant Staff/Gearswap questions
 Phoenix.Xelnok
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Xelnok
By Phoenix.Xelnok 2014-07-04 14:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, so my first question is whether the 20% iridescence boost affects cures, I. E. If I have weather up with the obi (which forces the boost) will I get the normal 10% cure potency boost on the staff, plus the 20% iridescence boost along with the 15% obi/twilight cape boost?

Second question is about gearswap. (I am using Monte's sch Lua as base), I have read that the tier iv/v nukes do more damage with the magians (vourukasha i in my case) and chatoyant in weather vs. atinian. How would I go about setting up gs to switch to the vourukasha I for all blizzard precasts and tier iv/v nukes when under weather, as well as set chatoyant for midcast for all other iv/v nukes under their own respective weather?

Thanks!
 Odin.Areyla
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: areyla
By Odin.Areyla 2014-07-07 09:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a few ways, some are better than others.

1.)
Before mote got his library files embedded into gearswap's /lib/ folders, I would add spell-mappings to his mote-mappings.lua file. You can still effectively do this without editing the mote-mappings or any other /lib/ file - it is recommended that you do not edit those files since they are updated during patches. When you load a gearswap script you can have it automatically load the mote libs, and as such you can append the spell_map array (is it a table in lua?) that is loaded to include custom mappings. (Someone will probably chime in and tell you there's a better way).
basically add to to the spell_map your custom label: spell_map = { ['Blizzard IV'] = 'HiTierNuke', ....... }, not sure how exactly how you append an existing array, but it shouldn't be hard. (I still use the ghetto edit the libs method - don't recommend it).
Then you create sets for said 'label' - sets.midcast.HiTierNuke = {main = 'Vourukasha I', ..... }

2.) Look at his SCH script. He has a job_precast() intercept that calls a new function he included called job_get_spell_map() that does the job of what was described in (1.), hence the reason not to use method (1.). If you look at his SCH script, which was updated since I first decided to use his script, he has it all setup in lines 327-349 [https://github.com/Kinematics/GearSwap-Jobs/blob/master/SCH.lua]. See that he essentially checks the spell name during pre_cast and decides if it is high,medium, or low tier nuke. These discrimination are defined on lines 59-63 at the beginning of the script. So all you really have to do is define sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'].HighTierNuke, sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'].MidTierNuke, etc. In reality he did not actually define mid and low tier nuke sets; you will need to do that. If you want to further discriminate for Blizzard specifically, you can add extra 'if' statements and additional arrays containing the name of the spells you want (or you can directly check the spell name) in the job_spell_map() function, and define corresponding midcast sets.