Anyone Have A Puppet In Peril Strat?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Anyone have a Puppet in Peril Strat?
Anyone have a Puppet in Peril Strat?
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-07-01 21:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to do this one for Chapter 10s cause screw that tiny taru ***. Sadly cant find any strats for it. It was mentioned in a Vana Digest awhile back that there was a way to remove his PDT- anyone know how?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-07-01 22:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

a really good tank and some really good black mages.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-07-01 22:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

We actually *just* did this. We've used a few different setups, but I like what we did now the most.

BLU/RUN, MNK/RUN, MNK/RUN, BRD, SCH/BLM, WHM. Kept Unda up and BLU was using Sanguine Blade to bypass the high PDT. SCH stunned Blazing Angon and Burning Memories. I'd swap both the MNKs for BLUs or RUNs but they don't have it leveled/geared; the parse looked like BLU 37%, MNK1 28%, MNK2 25%. Went very smooth and noone came close to dying. 11 min clear time on Difficult.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-01 22:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
We actually *just* did this. We've used a few different setups, but I like what we did now the most.

BLU/RUN, MNK/RUN, MNK/RUN, BRD, SCH/BLM, WHM. Kept Unda up and BLU was using Sanguine Blade to bypass the high PDT. SCH stunned Blazing Angon and Burning Memories. I'd swap both the MNKs for BLUs or RUNs but they don't have it leveled/geared; the parse looked like BLU 37%, MNK1 28%, MNK2 25%. Went very smooth and noone came close to dying. 11 min clear time on Difficult.

Requiescat no good?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-07-01 22:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The BLU was claiming they were doing about the same.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-01 22:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

sounds fun, will have to bring some blu's for it then
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-01 22:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

heard summoner is nice in there
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-07-01 22:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Was soloed on D by a SCH:

YouTube Video Placeholder

So I would assume you could just use all mages and kite/nuke and it should be very easy on D/VD. Haven't done this one yet outside of N.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-01 22:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

well, that just made things easier huh
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-07-02 06:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda went to sleep after posting this. Thanks for all the responses, kinda interesting no one has figured out how to get rid of the PDT.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-07-02 06:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure you remove his pdt by removing his defence boost buff(From granite skin). From what I read it increases defence in general and also nullifies damage from the front (so it's a good idea to get your DDs to spread out). My DDs never complained about it so I assume this is the case since I always remove it as soon as I see it.

He likes spamming it, but with march march haste up finale recast should be good enough.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2014-07-03 12:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »

So I would assume you could just use all mages and kite/nuke and it should be very easy on D/VD. Haven't done this one yet outside of N.

Dont underestimate a fully armed Endgame SCH with a tuned gearswap PDT MDT setup compared to your "normal" Mages. This BC can and will easily rape you given the chance.

That said - did the BC on D with 2x MNK/RUN BRD WHM SCH and SMN. SMN was in no way needed for the strat, just no other useful jobs to bring.

What we did is surround the NM - one MNK East, one south, WHM north and rest of mages west. This way the WHM was in minimal danger to get hit by the knockback move and was able to just focus on Curagas after Flame Angons / Aoes. Having everyone in the AOE will make the Curagas cost close to 0 MP for a WHM. This way the NM also won't randomly move around after hate reset and the fight ins generally very organized.

So if your WHM doesn#t fail his curaga timings it's very hard to die.
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-07-03 12:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »
heard summoner is nice in there
a well geared SMN, yes, can't just bring any scrub SMN in. like if they don't have a 119 Sachet ect, don't bother.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-07-03 13:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Kinda went to sleep after posting this. Thanks for all the responses, kinda interesting no one has figured out how to get rid of the PDT.
I don't think anyone ever figured out how to stop Gessho from using clones either sadly. : /
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-07-03 14:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »

Dont underestimate a fully armed Endgame SCH with a tuned gearswap PDT MDT setup compared to your "normal" Mages. This BC can and will easily rape you given the chance.

Not sure what you mean exactly. If one SCH can solo it on D as a mage in 20ish min, I don't see adding more mages doesn't = easier kill.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-07-03 14:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmmmmm..... or you'll be wiped by your co-kiters letting an AoE get off.

When it comes to DD mage solos . . .
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2014-07-03 15:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what you mean exactly. If one SCH can solo it on D as a mage in 20ish min, I don't see adding more mages doesn't = easier kill.

You can see Misc carefully keeping range and outranging many moves. kind of how AA TT solo is easy but adding more ppl makes it more likely for fools to be in AOE range and ppl getting petrified.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-07-03 15:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't play with stupid people then, I'll do it later myself and see. I didn't care for any of the drops. Can also enfeeble it from what hes been doing, Gravity etc.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2014-07-03 15:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't play with stupid people then, I'll do it later myself and see. I didn't care for any of the drops. Can also enfeeble it from what hes been doing, Gravity etc.

Well... with the server pop going down the "not stupid ppl" pool is rapily falling. There aren't that many mages on Bahamut left I'd enter there with.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-07-03 15:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Well... with the server pop going down the "not stupid ppl" pool is rapily falling

You are right, its always been full of stupid people. The OP was asking about a good strategy, I didn't want to assume he was one of those people right off the bat. If a full mage party is faster kill than a DD party, why not try it out instead of being afraid because of stupid people?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2014-07-03 15:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You are right, its always been full of stupid people. The OP was asking about a good strategy, I didn't want to assume he was one of those people right off the bat. If a full mage party is faster kill than a DD party, why not try it out instead of being afraid because of stupid people?

Because then we'd have nothing to argue about!

The way it was worded just sounded like he was taking the BC too lightly after seeing 1 SCH solo it. My inner eye was seeing random Nukers with no MACC, random augments like -enmity and no defense sets being added and hoping for a victory.
 Bahamut.Baozzer
user: baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2014-07-03 17:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just so you know, Mischief doesn't use gearswap
 Carbuncle.Tronsy
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tronsy
By Carbuncle.Tronsy 2014-07-06 21:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baozzer said: »

Just so you know, Mischief doesn't use gearswap

For the purpose of this topic I doubt the difference between gearswap and spellcast is all that relevant...
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-07-31 23:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm gonna give this a small necro 25 days etc.

The best still working setup is to mnk/run and formless it down? With appropriate buffs?

Stunning a must? Or will an MDT + barfira get you through alive?

or would the so-called triangle of death method be better, 3+ blms/schs all standing far enough away to never be hit by AoEs.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
Server: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-07-31 23:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

A tank is nifty but if you go with a couple blm's, they ain't goan be tanking. blm's and smn's do own in there, stay away from DD's and rng's type of people.
By Jadey 2014-08-01 00:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

3x DD/RUN or RUN/NIN (One-handed DDs preferred), WHM, BRD, Stunner (we prefer GEO/BLM for magic defense down on the NM and Indi-Haste on themselves, they're haste capped with Indi-Haste + Haste 1 and can get fulltime ballads from the BRD. GEO can nuke with Water until 50% after which they can just focus on stuns.)

Stunner should only stun Fire Angon + Burning Memories, everything else is either too fast to stun or not worth stunning. Maybe Banishga III too at low %. DDs keep up Unda runes and Lunge/Swipe when timers are up, if you have a RUN/NIN they can Gambit for DPS boost and run to the stunner and give them the 50% fastcast Inspiration boost at 25%.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-01 00:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Appreciate the tips, funny to see 2 responses, completely opposing~

Does formless not work/offer any advantage? one would think that formless should beat say, a nin/run or a dnc/run or thf/run... Blu/Run should be epic if formless isn't?

Never actually done this as a hard mode, I know the mission was soloable by a mnk @ 75
By Chyula 2014-08-01 00:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

wait if sleep,bind,gravity all can stick in there then, I don't see how a manaburn pt will have any trouble killing it in D judging from the video above. it just become a fight like that golem NM in sky manaburn pt back in the day.
By Jadey 2014-08-01 00:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think Formless does much of anything. Most of the DD damage is going to come from the add effect: water damage on their runes so low delay, multiattack, and accuracy sets are very useful. On VD Clobber and Batterhorn can do pretty huge chunks of damage so we typically bring MNK/RUN for the massive HP pool or RUN/NIN for the nearly instant cast shadows. If you're doing a pickup group that you don't trust above D or Normal, THF or DNC or BLU/RUN should all do just fine. Frankly they'd probably do fine on VD as well as long as they come prepared with accuracy/PDT hybrid sets.

I also think a manaburn setup should work fine! We just find it easier to bring DD/RUN because it's usually easier to find well-geared 119 DDs versus 119 BLMs/SCHs/GEOs/whatever.

This, Tenzen, and Shadow Lord are probably all tied for the easiest VD Hard Mode KI fights out there.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-01 19:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so, we went 0/3 with shout peoples things of note;

Obviously very high evasion, being high tier, but surprisingly high evasion.

Formless does nothing, its worse than just melee strikes.

Blazing angon is similar to beastruction, if you stun it immediately, it will still resolve.

3 DD/run brd with stunner/healer should've worked fine. Blazing angons ended the run all 3 times basically. Or I should say improperly timed stuns allowing angon to go off regardless, ended the runs. But we had no idea that it would still go off even after being stunned.

Then it just came down to inefficiency. Really irritating fight for zero worthwhile gear. Someone wants the pants though, so, yeah.

I honestly think it could be done with just a runefencer and support for the RUN. It's damage output is pretty low it's mechanic is shitty though.
First Page 2 3