June Update (NERF)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » June Update (NERF)
June Update (NERF)
First Page 2 3 4 5
By MrIdea 2014-06-13 09:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Adjusting of certain fish sale prices
- Reduce the vendoring price of hakuryu, sekiryu, soryu, and kokuryu.
[+]
 Valefor.Psykopat
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2014-06-13 09:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Poor fishbotters! Damm you SE!
[+]
By Zoltar 2014-06-13 09:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming inflation.

Currency, AF/RELIC upgrade materials, etc
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-06-13 09:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
Incoming inflation.

Currency, AF/RELIC upgrade materials, etc

Inflation suggests the prices of these will go up - but if anything, they'll plummet, since there'll be plenty of supply and fewer people buying.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-06-13 09:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming inflation. Currency, AF/RELIC upgrade materials, etc

I would think it would be the other way around. With an income source cut, I'd expect more people to be farming the old standbys of Dynamis and Salvage and the like until they find something new. with more currency/Alex on the market and prices going down.

I can only hope, anyhow.
[+]
By driderk 2014-06-13 09:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you say inflation? Less money being pumped into the economy would not cause inflation.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2014-06-13 09:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we need this shitty thread... No is the answer because its already been raised in another thread. Stop being butt hurt and make gil elsewhere /end thread
By Zoltar 2014-06-13 09:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

People who fish for primary income are going to find ways to keep the money coming. They will jack up currency prices, accessories, etc.

People that think all of the fishers will throw in the towel are crazy. Time to start doing Matsya again!
 Cerberus.Krispy
Server: Cerberus
user: daNpwr
By Cerberus.Krispy 2014-06-13 09:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

People who fish for primary income are going to find ways to keep the money coming. They will jack up currency prices, accessories, etc.

People that think all of the fishers will throw in the towel are crazy. Time to start doing Matsya again!

Too bad Matsya don't sell for ***on our server!
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-06-13 09:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fishing is a very bad way to make gil (even afk 24/7) since adoulin at least :x
By Zoltar 2014-06-13 09:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Krispy said: »

Really? On Bahamut we're generally 400-500k each. Granted it takes a week of fishing up JUST the bait, it can be rewarding if you have the patience
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-06-13 09:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

A nerf that is 5 years late. Matsya is not worth the effort to fish. There are other fish you can NPC for decent gil.
 Ragnarok.Dragish
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Dragish 2014-06-13 09:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

wonder how much they will reduce the prices..
 Cerberus.Krispy
Server: Cerberus
user: daNpwr
By Cerberus.Krispy 2014-06-13 09:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Krispy said: »

Really? On Bahamut we're generally 400-500k each. Granted it takes a week of fishing up JUST the bait, it can be rewarding if you have the patience

I see it for 200k and doesn't move

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-06-13 09:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not exactly an economist, but I fail to see how lowering fishing vendor prices will cause other things to get more expensive. If more people are farming currency, it makes no sense that the prices would go up. In theory, increased supply with demand remaining the same (or possibly lowering) would decrease the price. Not only that, but lower vendor prices means less gil coming from the game itself, leading to lower gil amounts on the server.
[+]
By Zoltar 2014-06-13 10:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If all the Hakuryu people quit, yes prices would drop.

But I doubt they would all leave. If SE drops the NPC price below 5k it's going to get interesting. On one hand they made fishing easier for the average joe, now the average joe isn't going to even want to fish.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-06-13 10:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope Hakuryu price drop below 1k
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-06-13 10:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
I hope Hakuryu price drop below 1k

It's not like it will revoke all the mythics earned from fishbotting. The damage is long since already done. All it does is lose more subs. This nerf is at least 3 years past due.

Sure it will curtail future shiny obtainment, but does it really matter now. Not really.

Now if they went through the logs, and took ***away from the people who were obviously fishbotting/ban them... then yeah, daaaaaaamn that would drastically change things.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-13 10:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

There already is basically no player to player economy on most servers, crafting is nearly dead, there's nothing to buy but relics and mythics. Cut the NPC price of fish and all it does is minimize the amount of gil people stockpile out of habit. Fishing was never a good way to make gil, it was a good way to make gil while not playing or with multiple accounts.

Problem is, now the only real steady form of income is Alex and Currency, and even less people will be buying those. It already takes 2-3 days to sell off a good run at market price.
[+]
By MrIdea 2014-06-13 10:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I just unsubbed my 5 hak mules. -$65/mon for SE, -150 mil/month for me.
I don't think most ppl will be affecfed as this only pertains to the 50 or fishbot mules per server.
Since these bots don't contribute jack except 50+ mil gil/a day insertion into the server economy.. prices on consumerables might actually drop..
Good for avg players. Bad for power botters.
Fyi.. Avg loss of gil insertion and consumption per server is 1.5 billion gil a month.
By MrIdea 2014-06-13 10:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with jass. Hosrd your gil. Currency and alex price drop incoming. Back to 4k per currency.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-06-13 11:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
There already is basically no player to player economy on most servers,

I made koga gil in about a month of players to player gil; there is a ton of way to make gil; I stopped fishing a year or 2 ago when I figured how to really make gil :x
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-13 11:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
There already is basically no player to player economy on most servers,

I made koga gil in about a month of players to player gil; there is a ton of way to make gil; I stopped fishing a year or 2 ago when I figured how to really make gil :x

Mercing and selling drops are intact, of course, I meant crafting.
 Asura.Kese
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2014-06-13 11:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

MrIdea said: »
I just unsubbed my 5 hak mules. -$65/mon for SE, -150 mil/month for me.
I don't think most ppl will be affecfed as this only pertains to the 50 or fishbot mules per server.
Since these bots don't contribute jack except 50+ mil gil/a day insertion into the server economy.. prices on consumerables might actually drop..
Good for avg players. Bad for power botters.
Fyi.. Avg loss of gil insertion and consumption per server is 1.5 billion gil a month.
rmt have a big fishing operation going on, expect gil prices to rise!
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-06-13 11:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

people going back to fishing devil manta yet?

._.
[+]
 Valefor.Blizz
Server: Valefor
user: Blizzit
By Valefor.Blizz 2014-06-13 11:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol omg the gloom and doom and people bitching. Hak = 10285 gill each. Even if they drop it to 5k per fish its still worth doing. No more craft holidays. Guilds will no longer run out of supplys. Which should mean no more fighting for minnows which can take up to 7 hts of boat riding per charecter which is time lost fishing. Now on avrage you can pull up 8 to 10 haks a hr so you have already lost up to a potential 700k per charecter. Now the potential of no down time set minnow price and no more during a event hold on buying minnows. I would say i like what they are doing.
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-06-13 11:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more worried about the lack of gil to go around when this happens than the effect it has on actual fish botters.

For people like myself that never bothered with fishing, making gil in a hurry is going to be tough when currency, alex, and mats fall in price and nothing else bothers to catch up for a while. Just doing dyna + salvage every day nets about 4-5m. It will just continue to get even tougher as people that are botting to create relics don't have any gil to spend. When prices on these inevitably fall it will make it harder to raise money for current items that don't see their prices fluctuate, and for future items added to the game.

This will eventually stabilize and everything will be cheaper, but for now the economy should crash in a similar way that it did back when they made all the important old NMs drop rare/ex gear circa 2006ish. A lot of the items that people sell on a consistent basis will fall in price and anything people own now will be worth a significantly lower amount.

I honestly can't see why they even bothered doing this at this point in the game. They have known about fish-botting for years and its extremely obvious who does it. If they wanted this changed it could have been done a long time ago.

Now, obviously we don't know the details and it could be that the price is reduced to something like 8k..

But knowing SE its probably going to be 1k/ea or something awful.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-06-13 11:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fishbotting is terrible gil unless you had an unreasonable amount of characters botting, which honestly wouldn't be much better than buying gil.
[+]
By MrIdea 2014-06-13 11:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fish botting is very terrible gil unless, say you had 5 chars and they earned you a mil each while you were working a lucrative dayjob. =)
But yeah it will stabalize, just gotta hoard some gil for the aftermath in which you will be rich because consumerable goods have deflated to match that of gil circulation.
First Page 2 3 4 5