Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-30 12:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The only way to save the U.S. economy now:

Only 99 cents a piece.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-08-30 13:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »
Altimaomega said: »
Have you read his posts? Especially where he blames the loss of his dairy farm on the government?

KN is right when he say's you peoples reading comprehension needs work. Never lost my farm just sold the dairy cows because the state and federal government made it impossible for small farms to make ANY profit. Hop on that thing they call the internet and do some research on the regulations that have been put in place over the past decade or two and maybe you'll learn something.
Um.

That is you blaming the government for your loss. Specifically government regulation.

Not making a good case for the whole reading comprehension thing here, are we?

1. Loss of dairy cows is not the same as loss of a dairy farm.
2. Blaming the government is not necessarily the same as hating the government.
My apologies.
Hahaha a trust fund baby that's hilarious! As for what I do for a living, I'm a cattle/crop farmer. Used to be Dairy but the new regulations and laws have pushed out the family farm. The only reason I would be talking down to anyone is because they think more government, laws, and regulations are good. Do you honestly think the past 6 years have been bad for the 1%ers?

Once they make new laws and regulate more business no matter what type, all it does is push the small business out and the big business just takes over. Big business don't care about anything but profit, so employees get pay cut or laid-off. When the government makes it so only Big business can survive in the market We The People are the ones who lose Not the 1%.

Oh then once the government gets so big they just decide on what its citizens can or cannot buy.... Do I need to elaborate farther?
My assumption was "pushed out the family farm", meant that it was lost/sold, rather than the cows, specifically.

Should I elaborate on point 2 further, or is the above sufficient?
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Have you read his posts? Especially where he blames the loss of his dairy farm on the government?

KN is right when he say's you peoples reading comprehension needs work. Never lost my farm just sold the dairy cows because the state and federal government made it impossible for small farms to make ANY profit. Hop on that thing they call the internet and do some research on the regulations that have been put in place over the past decade or two and maybe you'll learn something.
Um.

That is you blaming the government for your loss. Specifically government regulation.

Not making a good case for the whole reading comprehension thing here, are we?

1. Loss of dairy cows is not the same as loss of a dairy farm.
2. Blaming the government is not necessarily the same as hating the government.

1. His story has changed from

Altimaomega said:
while you guys where out getting educated, researching, observing and enriching yourselves in other cultures. I was running a 500 acre dairy farm from the age of 18, the past decade and a half has been nothing but price's for everything needed to run it going up and the product I ship stay the absolute same. (Because the government regulates the milk price) Since I was literally forced into bankruptcy from new laws being passed on Mega-Farms 100x my size, but took effect on me as well I've been a bit weary of the government. Your logical conclusions seem to support bigger government which I oppose and find very unamerican.
To I just had to sell the cows, because government regulations. He didn't say how he was able to keep the farm while going bankrupt, but eh.

So I really wasn't focusing on his dairy farm defense but the "government's fault". However, I could have worded what I meant better.

2. If I wanted to discuss his hatred of the government I would have posted his fascination towards a civil war happening soon
I'm looking forward to the next election, when republicans retake the senate and impeach obama. Or for some odd reason democrats hold the senate, take the house and civil wars insue's.

I'm up for either, will be better than wtf is going on now.

Or this

Disclaimer: If you are at all interested in the dairy industry and my experience with it please feel free to read on.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-30 13:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So, they imposed a higher standard of quality that you chose not to meet for obvious reasons. That's not really the government screwing you over. Look at the restrictions they've put in place for things like automotive (OBD, SRS, SIR, CAFE). That's the nature of progress (not progressives). It sucks, believe me I know, I lost my business under somewhat similar circumstances. But, I chose to step out instead of suffering through, and I own my choice instead of blaming the government or the banks.
By Altimaomega 2014-08-30 14:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
So, they imposed a higher standard of quality that you chose not to meet for obvious reasons. That's not really the government screwing you over. Look at the restrictions they've put in place for things like automotive (OBD, SRS, SIR, CAFE). That's the nature of progress (not progressives). It sucks, believe me I know, I lost my business under somewhat similar circumstances. But, I chose to step out instead of suffering through, and I own my choice instead of blaming the government or the banks.

Silly me for not mentioning that the Cell count was 1 million and was to be dropped to 300,000. Oh.. wait.. I did... I guess I'll explain even more to you since you would rather just try and compare your similar experience. Which I highly doubt is anywhere near similar, because to be similar it would have to force you to spend a significant amount of money just to continue a business that has been struggling for about 3yrs with no end in sight. I'm not talking my Business, I'm talking every small dairy business. Hell even the Bigger ones were struggling when this was put into effect

Then 8 months later toss the new regulation out the window because even the Large Dairy's couldn't follow it, and make it actually doable "they made it 750k". It went from 1 million to 300k to 750k now. Please tell me about your similar experience.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-30 14:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

/cry I don't know how to run a business and instead of taking responsibility I want to blame the big bad gubbmit!
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-08-30 14:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

/cry I don't know how to run a business and instead of taking responsibility I want to blame the big bad gubbmit!

Alright Mr. Troll.

What exactly would you do if your product was dropping in price and your cost tripled. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for your brilliant business sense to come up with an answer.

Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-30 14:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright Mr. Troll.

What exactly would you do if your product was dropping in price and your cost tripled. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for your brilliant business sense to come up with an answer.

You won't. Just more trolling.

Remember this is the guy who just recently said people shouldn't have to work for a living.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-30 14:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It's irrelevant, as your business was already failing it seems. I most likely wouldn't run a business with those margins, if I did, then I'd be bailing long before that.

The only way I'd run a business with those margins if it were a side project, and was just for fun. But you know, I have a brain, and understand numbers.

edit: again; I don't troll, and no people shouldn't have to work for a living.
By Altimaomega 2014-08-30 14:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's irrelevant, as your business was already failing it seems. I most likely wouldn't run a business with those margins, if I did, then I'd be bailing long before that.

The only way I'd run a business with those margins if it were a side project, and was just for fun. But you know, I have a brain, and understand numbers.

edit: again; I don't troll, and no people shouldn't have to work for a living.

Your either troll or a major hypocrite, because you just said you would bail. Exactly what I did.

Just for arguments sake and I give you the benefit of the doubt. "which you NEVER give me btw." You was running a highly profitable business, then all the sudden though no fault of your own and no possible way to see it coming your product dropped in price and your cost's started to rise. Now you've owned your business for about a decade, and your family owned it for 80yrs before that. You've seen this happen a few times and so have your parents and grandparents, even your Great Grandparents. What your unaware of is how long and how bad it is gonna get. Do you push though and wait for it to get better like it always has?

Or do you run like a little ***? Remember at the time you don't know its gonna be an unprecedented 3yrs of total downturn for your industry. So make your choice.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-30 14:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a question Altima. Is/was this a family business?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-30 14:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Silly me for not mentioning that the Cell count was 1 million and was to be dropped to 300,000. Oh.. wait.. I did... I guess I'll explain even more to you since you would rather just try and compare your similar experience. Which I highly doubt is anywhere near similar, because to be similar it would have to force you to spend a significant amount of money just to continue a business that has been struggling for about 3yrs with no end in sight. I'm not talking my Business, I'm talking every small dairy business. Hell even the Bigger ones were struggling when this was put into effect

Then 8 months later toss the new regulation out the window because even the Large Dairy's couldn't follow it, and make it actually doable "they made it 750k". It went from 1 million to 300k to 750k now. Please tell me about your similar experience.

If the market was so stacked against you, and you chose to bow out, that's a good decision. Being in a business that isn't capable of making money is a bad one. I still don't see how it's the government or the banks' fault that you lost your dairy, you chose not to upgrade your facilities for obvious reasons. It's called cutting your losses, bubba. When you break it down, you're not all that different from the people you detest.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-30 14:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Your either troll or a major hypocrite, because you just said you would bail. Exactly what I did.

I said first off that I wouldn't run a business that poorly in the first place, and I don't have an issue with you bailing, I have an issue with you blaming the government for your problems, which is the difference, and something you don't seem to be able to, or willing to comprehend.

As for your hypothetical: It all depends, there's too many variables that I'm not going to get into here.

Is bailing an option: of course it is, but that's all part of running a business, and if you don't make it it's your fault.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-30 14:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

His issue is with arbitrary and ill-conceived regulation. I don't know that it stops there, since he hasn't articulated as much, but it's a founded criticism and is in fact the government's fault.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-30 14:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
His issue is with arbitrary and ill-conceived regulation. I don't know that it stops there, since he hasn't articulated as much, but it's a founded criticism and is in fact the government's fault.

Here's the thing though: all regulation is ill conceived and can be viewed as arbitrary, yet a lot of it is necessary.

His "issue" would have more of a point if it weren't more akin to a flailing child.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-30 14:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Not all regulation is ill-conceived, and it is certainly not binary: good or bad. It's a large gradient of effective, ineffective, and toxic.
By Altimaomega 2014-08-30 15:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Omg.. someone who has mastered the art of reading comprehension. I applaud you sir! I'm pretty impressed actually and have a new found respect for you and your ability understand wtf I was trying to get across.

Yea, my family have been/was dairy farmers in my area for just about 100yrs. At one time we had four farms and owned/rented over 2000 acres. I was the last one to call it quits, only thing left is my 100acre farm and some beef cattle.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-30 15:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically they raised the standards in order to sell milk globally. By doing so they drove most small businesses or farmers out of business until the bigger farms or subsidized conglomerates of the diary industry couldn't even turn a profit with the new standards so they lowered the standards back to a level only they could afford. In doing so they drove most of the family owned farms out of business thereby allowing them to purchase said farms at a near 0 interest rate.

The remaining few that stayed, how did they make it?
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-30 15:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Omg.. someone who has mastered the art of reading comprehension. I applaud you sir! I'm pretty impressed actually and have a new found respect for you and your ability understand wtf I was trying to get across.

Yea, my family have been/was dairy farmers in my area for just about 100yrs. At one time we had four farms and owned/rented over 2000 acres. I was the last one to call it quits, only thing left is my 100acre farm and some beef cattle.
You're actually not very straight forward with it. You don't have a thesis, you just allude to it. A little deduction is all it takes though, which is also why I asked if it was a family business; which explains exactly why you'd stay with a "failing" business. Sentimentality and family culture is a big deal to preserve, if not for monetary reasons but for the cohesion of family or the norm.

My only contention with your dislike of regulation (And I don't honestly know that you extrapolate this across the board but it feels like you do) is that not all regulation is negative. When politics gets involved, and people have something to gain, promises to fulfill, or a budget to meet, corners get cut and/or ideas get corrupted. It's a shame, and I acknowledge that evil, but I also firmly know that regulation is needed. It keeps much worse evils at bay - at least, in my opinion.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-30 15:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you know of any lobbying groups or specific representatives or officials responsible for enacting the stiffer regulations? Directing your anger and distrust towards those culpable seems much more productive than unfocused rallying against all government and all regulation.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-30 15:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Not all regulation is ill-conceived, and it is certainly not binary: good or bad. It's a large gradient of effective, ineffective, and toxic.
Yes, yes it is. By the standard of "affecting somebody negatively" it is all ill-conceived, all regulation has downs.

But a lot of it is necessary, and people get too hung up on negatives of it, and try to kill the whole thing, instead of attempting to fix it.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-30 15:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure that working conditions that don't kill you were negative for everyone involved.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-30 15:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Oooh, how childish.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-30 15:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because it is negative for one group does not automate it as negative for the whole, sorry.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-30 15:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because it is negative for one group does not automate it as negative for the whole, sorry.
I never stated such a thing, but it still makes it a negative.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-30 15:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, yes it is. By the standard of "affecting somebody negatively" it is all ill-conceived, all regulation has downs.
Unless you've got something to quantify, that is EXACTLY what you said.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-30 16:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you've got something to quantify, that is EXACTLY what you said.
No, no it isn't.

edit: I'm not going to continue this argument of semantics though, you can if you want, but you'll be arguing with yourself.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-30 16:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Then we're at an impasse, as you have essentially said "nu-uh." Remind me never to engage you in mature discussion.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-30 16:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Then we're at an impasse, as you have essentially said "nu-uh." Remind me never to engage you in mature discussion.
Right back at you.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-30 16:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The concept of global economy is responsible for a lot of needless and harmful regulation, actually. Most successful nations in this day and age have protectionist policies in place that make import/export far less appealing. It would be interesting to see who actually introduced and sponsored that particular regulation, as I'm sure there is a business that stood to profit from making small farms give up the ghost.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-08-30 19:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You're actually not very straight forward with it. You don't have a thesis, you just allude to it. A little deduction is all it takes though, which is also why I asked if it was a family business; which explains exactly why you'd stay with a "failing" business. Sentimentality and family culture is a big deal to preserve, if not for monetary reasons but for the cohesion of family or the norm.

My only contention with your dislike of regulation (And I don't honestly know that you extrapolate this across the board but it feels like you do) is that not all regulation is negative. When politics gets involved, and people have something to gain, promises to fulfill, or a budget to meet, corners get cut and/or ideas get corrupted. It's a shame, and I acknowledge that evil, but I also firmly know that regulation is needed. It keeps much worse evils at bay - at least, in my opinion.

Regulation is needed to a degree and not all of it is negative, never in my rant did I ever say that the current regulation at the time was burdensome or unneeded. Its when government starts messing with things that have worked for years and years, then DRASTICALLY change or make new ones.
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 1375 1376 1377