Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 22:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ron Paul was leaning in an Isolationist direction wasn't he? Maybe not that black&white but definitely non-interventionist.

While in theory that sounds good, I think action should be on the table.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 22:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Then there's Rick Perry and Ted Cruz. You got your Ross Perot and Ron Paul. Although I like Ron Paul.
why?
He was one the rare politicians that understood not only domestic policies and the constitution, but knows a lot about foreign relations as well.

What's funny is all the liberals said I like Ron Paul's domestic policies, but his foreign policies scare me.

How's Obama's foreign policy working out?

His track record speaks for itself too. Another rarity among politicians, consistency.

I'm not too terribly fond of either his domestic or foreign policies (of both tbh).

I'm sure I've seen him screw up something about the Constitution a time or two.

But isolationism is out right bat ***insane in the 21st century, this isn't 1805.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 22:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Ron Paul was leaning in an Isolationist direction wasn't he? Maybe not that black&white but definitely non-interventionist.

butbutbutbut then Russia!
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 23:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd need to know more about his Domestic policy, I've head a lot more about his foreign policy I guess.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-08-28 23:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Then there's Rick Perry and Ted Cruz. You got your Ross Perot and Ron Paul. Although I like Ron Paul.
why?
He was one the rare politicians that understood not only domestic policies and the constitution, but knows a lot about foreign relations as well.

What's funny is all the liberals said I like Ron Paul's domestic policies, but his foreign policies scare me.

How's Obama's foreign policy working out?

His track record speaks for itself too. Another rarity among politicians, consistency.

Not only that, but he has lived to his word in egalitarian legislation in Texas that has been counter-intuitive to the predictable republican mantra that is associated with Texas today.

The Republican party threw him under the bus as just as they did with Alan Keyes in 2000. (Granted, Keyes became a birther when Obama came strolling around the bend.)
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-28 23:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That was just the mud slinging. He was all about cutting foreign aid to countries for starters.

The only reason they called him an isolationist, was he was a huge supporter of the gold standard for fiscal accountability reasons. Liberals don't understand finance, so the equated gold standard with a relic from the past that didn't work, etc. which was the same time period the gold standard was around. Liberal thinking.

He was all about diplomatic solutions as intervention rather than bombing and illegal invasions on false pretenses.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 23:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That was just the mud slinging. He was all about cutting foreign aid to countries for starters.

The only reason they called him an isolationist, was he was a huge supporter of the gold standard for fiscal accountability reasons. Liberals don't understand finance, so the equated gold standard with a relic from the past that didn't work, etc. which was the same time period the gold standard was around. Liberal thinking.

He was all about diplomatic solutions as intervention rather than bombing and illegal invasions on false pretenses.

This false equivolence is why he's considered an isolationist, not because of the gold standard.

Also for the literally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE crap about "liberals" nothing wrong with the gold standard, short of it makes it hard to borrow money.

There was some other ***about the "past" that he thought was good today too that just wouldn't work, but I'd have to go digging.

But go on and keep spreading your bias, it's humorous at the least.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 23:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

He still seems a little "Free Market is the greatest" for my tastes, after reading the wiki page.

At the same time, he's against a lot of the selective privileges in trade, The War on Drugs, Military Industrial Complex.

I definitely know why Jetackuu doesn't like him though. Government's Duty is Defense and Rule of Law, and *** everything else.

That might be the kind of thing we need at this crossroads, but like any President, he'd be elected on promise, and deliver almost nothing. That's just the nature of the office really.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-28 23:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd need to know more about his Domestic policy, I've head a lot more about his foreign policy I guess.
Most notably, he was anti-Keynesian and wanted to eliminate the Federal Reserve and audit Fort Knox.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 23:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Most notably, he was anti-Keynesian and wanted to eliminate the Federal Reserve and audit Fort Knox.
AKA didn't understand economics. But I have my own issues with the "federal reserve."
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 23:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaos do you whack off to "freedom to fascism" every night? Or just Thursdays?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-28 23:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

He still seems a little "Free Market is the greatest" for my tastes, after reading the wiki page.

At the same time, he's against a lot of the selective privileges in trade, The War on Drugs, Military Industrial Complex.

I definitely know why Jetackuu doesn't like him though. Government's Duty is Defense and Rule of Law, and *** everything else.

That might be the kind of thing we need at this crossroads, but like any President, he'd be elected on promise, and deliver almost nothing. That's just the nature of the office really.
Except he had a track record that proved otherwise.

In practice his free market praises would not have played out as dramatic as one might think, but then again we'll never know.

Instead we have a screw the working man and give their money to the people who shouldn't have to work for living. Whom ever those people might be.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 23:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody wants to take money from "the working man" chaos, stop making ***up.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-28 23:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Knock off the trolling already, seriously.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 23:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Unlike you Chaos: I don't troll.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-28 23:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Unlike you Chaos: I don't troll.
Whatever you say.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 23:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Because Why the *** not? 3Benders go.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-08-28 23:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm. Can't find the quote now but:

KN unless you are worth 10 million+ you are not in the 1%.

The economic class you are in is not just based on your annual salary but on your total wealth.

I've posted sources for this before, I'll find and edit them in.

Not the article I posted before but describes the difference between income and wealth:
Quote:
It's important to make a distinction between income and wealth because income inequality and wealth inequality aren't equal. According to research originally done by economists Thomas Piketty and Emmanuel Saez, the top 1 percent of income earners took home 17.67 percent of the total income -- less than a fifth -- of everyone in the U.S. in 2008 [source: Alvaredo et al]. To qualify as the top 1 percent of earners, you need to make a little more than $500,000 in cash income in 2011 [source: Rampell].

Wealth inequality is far greater. According to an analysis of Federal Reserve data by the Economic Policy Institute, the wealthiest 1 percent of Americans control 35.6 percent of the total wealth of the country -- more than a third [source: Allegretto]. Even more incredible is that the richest 10 percent of Americans control 75 percent of the wealth, leaving only 25 percent to the other 90 percent of Americans.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 23:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

We already know KN lives in South-Central Texas. If we can confirm he's in the top 1% it'll be that much easier to track him down and have a drum circle at the closest proximity legally allowed. Conservatives hate Drum Circles.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-08-28 23:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

We already know KN lives in South-Central Texas. If we can confirm he's in the top 1% it'll be that much easier to track him down and have a drum circle at the closest proximity legally allowed. Conservatives hate Drum Circles.
Lol.

Sorry, visual of a drum circle I saw at DragonCon put in front of someones house.

Anyways, he lives in San Antonio.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-08-28 23:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

No one is under the delusion that we'll ever reach a utopia through one, singular individual. But for as much ***as Ron Paul caught for his isolationist point of view, he is a staunch constitutionalist. Meaning that, gender, race, and sexual orientation, even though not relevant to society 200+ years ago, are not to be infringed on regardless, because the phrase "we are all created equally". He may have disparate views, personally, but that does not translate over to his politics.

When republicans claim they are constitutionalists, they usually like to interpret it literally, but disregard the part that Paul most emphasizes.

EDIT: Now I'm really hoping I won't have to take over driving duty tomorrow. Meh...It's just four hours, what's it going to hurt?
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-08-29 00:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Baby sick tonight?

Edit: Nevermind: vacation woo!
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-08-29 00:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Earlier this week, but it's subsiding. This is the second time he's had bronchiolitis, which I'm thankful isn't RSV, but using the nebulizer (sp?) is a lot harder now since he's mastered the art of pushing away in protest. It just sucks that it came before the holiday.

One-year-olds can be *** too, but they're still snuggly.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-08-29 00:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Earlier this week, but it's subsiding. This is the second time he's had bronchiolitis, which I'm thankful isn't RSV, but using the nebulizer (sp?) is a lot harder now since he's mastered the art of pushing away in protest. It just sucks that it came before the holiday.

One-year-olds can be *** too, but they're still snuggly.
Ah =/

Glad he's getting better!

Does distraction work? A glitter or sink/float bottle? I don't know if it will work for his age but my "magic bottle" distracted the baby enough at the last immunizations that she stopped crying in less than 5mins. Results vary :)
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-08-29 00:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, those weird thoughts flow through your head, "What am I setting his gal-pal up for?" That's always a mind blowing thought! It's hard not to be obliging but I feel bad for his first girlfriend.

"Seriously, it's not about you. I just feel shitty today."

/probes more to no avail

"Do you think I like waking up knowing I'm going to be in a irrationally bitchy mood?"

I think more moms should probably explain that to their sons when they start dating that they're not going to be sweet and obliging all of the time, and it's nothing that they can intervene in, despite admirable efforts.

EDIT: Sorry, posted before I read. Our pediatrician always told me to talk and act a ham to distract him, which is easy. The bottle seems like a good , calming distraction for me.

Have you clenched yet? No fun. That resonates to your bones when they scream during shots.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-08-29 01:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Actually, those weird thoughts flow through your head, "What am I setting his gal-pal up for?" That's always a mind blowing thought! It's hard not to be obliging but I feel bad for his first girlfriend.

"Seriously, it's not about you. I just feel shitty today."

/probes more to no avail

"Do you think I like waking up knowing I'm going to be in a irrationally bitchy mood?"

I think more moms should probably explain that to their sons when they start dating that they're not going to be sweet and obliging all of the time, and it's nothing that they can intervene in, despite admirable efforts.

EDIT: Sorry, posted before I read. Our pediatrician always told me to talk and act a ham to distract him, which is easy. The bottle seems like a good , calming distraction for me.

Have you clenched yet? No fun. That resonates to your bones when they scream during shots.

Yeah, the thoughts that cross the mind. Parents have the ability to make or break their kids. Which, right now, is scary on multiple levels.

I think explaining reality to kids is a good thing, even especially if it is bad(depending on age and other variables).

But yes, the glitter bottle is amazingly hypnotic to me. She doesn't like it as much as the sink/float yet, but I don't think her eyes have developed to precisely focus on it yet.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-29 07:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I know that reading is very hard for you. So, let me ask you to point out that I said that everyone is equal in success.

I'm sure you would get it wrong, like usual.
I specifically said the circumstances that can hinder success, which is what your grade school motivational poster sentiment refers to, not success itself.
I specifically said that some people have to work harder at it than others.

But if you want to use the excuse that a person is a certain color and/or sex, therefor they are unable to succeed in life, then that's you. It just shows you how defeatist you are and how limited your mind is.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-29 07:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
And just to nip this in the bud, KN's assumption that everyone is born on equal footing, granted equal opportunity and afforded equal treatment. But *** life variables right, just get good!
And why not? Only person holding you back is yourself. Not your parents, not your teachers, not your boss, not your location, not your government, nobody is holding you back except yourself.

You just have to work at it, some people need to work at it harder than others, that's called natural talent and ability. But anyone and everyone can succeed in life.
I believe KN just brushed off racism as a hindrance to PoC getting jobs. Or archaic views about a woman's competency outside of home making and child raising. Or a shitty education system. Followed by an even shittier higher education system.

All you need to do to succeed is... git gud you scrub.
Why are you so obsessed with racism and sexism?

I thought we were all are supposed to treat everyone else the same. I know I do. I suppose you haven't yet.
Obsessed? I'm just aware they're still very prominent in our society. And ignoring it or brushing it off only helps it stick around.

And you seem to be ignoring the fact that it being ingrained in our society is a set-back that can ultimately ruins someones attempts at being successful.
Who's ignoring what again? Yes, racism and sexism exists because people still want it to exist. People like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, whoever the *** the editor of Huffington Post, those who specifically make money off of hate (go figure, most of them are hardcore liberals) are the ones who are continuing promoting defeatist attitudes.

It is being ingrained that race and sex does not matter anymore, but we have people who profit off of hate that continue to promote said hate.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-29 08:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Hmm. Can't find the quote now but:

KN unless you are worth 10 million+ you are not in the 1%.

The economic class you are in is not just based on your annual salary but on your total wealth.

I've posted sources for this before, I'll find and edit them in.

Not the article I posted before but describes the difference between income and wealth:
Quote:
It's important to make a distinction between income and wealth because income inequality and wealth inequality aren't equal. According to research originally done by economists Thomas Piketty and Emmanuel Saez, the top 1 percent of income earners took home 17.67 percent of the total income -- less than a fifth -- of everyone in the U.S. in 2008 [source: Alvaredo et al]. To qualify as the top 1 percent of earners, you need to make a little more than $500,000 in cash income in 2011 [source: Rampell].

Wealth inequality is far greater. According to an analysis of Federal Reserve data by the Economic Policy Institute, the wealthiest 1 percent of Americans control 35.6 percent of the total wealth of the country -- more than a third [source: Allegretto]. Even more incredible is that the richest 10 percent of Americans control 75 percent of the wealth, leaving only 25 percent to the other 90 percent of Americans.
So, are you saying that wealth accumulation has nothing to do with total wealth of a person? Why yes, yes you are.

You are implying that a person who earns over $500k per year does not have a net value of your 1% identification line, or $10 million. While you are correct that a very small number of people who earns that much isn't worth $10+ million, that isn't the cast for the vast majority of income earners who earn over $500k per year.

Besides, if I did disclose the amount of my total wealth to prove I'm part of your definition of the 1%, you would counter by asking if any of it is liquid. Even though you proclaim to be an economist, you should know that most of the wealthy's value is in non-liquid assets.

Nice try. Better luck next time.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-29 08:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

KN just went full FoxNews. "Racism is over everyone!"

The sad part is, I have to (Kind of) agree with him, but for entirely different reasons. I've always believed "Racism" as we know it is confirmation bias. It exists because that's where people stop. Either it's the conclusion they wanted to reach, or they didn't look deep enough to really see the issues driving systematized oppression models and/or societal gating. At least when you are talking about it's current manifestation. I stress that there are issues that need to be resolved, but they never will be if the real issues are obfuscated by surface-level thinking in an environment where saying the wrong "Word" (*** context) can ruin your life.

Racism/sexism in the United States is defined now as a system in which the "White Male" (Read: Die Cis-Scum) is privy to all the power. But it's that last word I think is operative in the discussion. Power Corrupts, or at the very least, puts someone in a position where they're less socially accountable for being a shitbag. If you're a black/mexican/arab/chinese *** in power, guess what, you're probably going to do things you wouldn't if you were accountable for your actions (And indeed, we've seen this many times in history). Factor in representative bias with "Minority groups" and you've got yourself a recipe for a foregone conclusion that says "Racism!"

And just on a word of sexism. Feminists like to prattle on about how Men dominate all the good careers, but if you take a look at what the prime career building ages are (Late 20's through mid 30's) what typically can happen in a woman's life during that age range that she may be interested instead of a career?

"If you have a penis, you're a rapist." -Rebecca Watson.

I think I feel most sorry for the Female-identifying Hermaphrodites.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 1375 1376 1377