Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 743 744 745 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2015-07-05 17:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Greece referendum ended with "no" winning(about 60%). They refuse the proposal of creditors.

They might leave € at this point I think.

All eyes will be on the womens world cup final tonight.

I like America don't get me wrong just not sure if I like it enough to watch soccer...however this is for the world cup. So I'm 50/50 on if I'm going to watch it.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-05 18:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

4-0, its over.
By fonewear 2015-07-05 18:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
4-0, its over.

4-1 now I decided to watch it.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-05 18:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a good thing it's not taking place here. I could easily see some people holding up signs with mushroom clouds on them.
By fonewear 2015-07-05 18:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It might as well be a home game I saw very little Japanese fans in the stadium.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-05 18:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Isn't it in Canada? Pretty unlikely there are a lot of Murican's there either.
By fonewear 2015-07-05 18:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Isn't it in Canada? Pretty unlikely there are a lot of Murican's there either.

It is. Either they made the trip or the Canadians can't root for Japan !
By Pantafernando 2015-07-05 19:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Greece referendum ended with "no" winning(about 60%). They refuse the proposal of creditors.

They might leave € at this point I think.

Greeks decided to refuse increasing taxes and reforming the pension system.

Its a complex situation. While common sense thinks if someone is in debt with others, he should save money to pay, it seems the austerity just brought recession and poverty to greece. It was a solution to euro but not a solution to greece itself. And when 60% of young people dont have a job and 40% is in poverty, its understandable the extreme left party to rise. And normally left parties are incapable to bring any economical solution to anyone.

It seems euro dream is failing. The bad shape of economy just makes viable the extreme political sides to rise, and that normally is disastrous.
By Pantafernando 2015-07-05 19:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly im just worried if that plebiscit will bring a worldwide recession.

A turbulent economy period is the last thing i need for my country, thats already facing a ugly recession, unemployment and inflation increase.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-05 19:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
It seems euro dream is failing
When was it ever working? Aside from Germany.
By fonewear 2015-07-05 21:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're having Euro problems I for bad for you son, I got 99 problems but Europe ain't one !
By fonewear 2015-07-05 21:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Obama is keeping it real son: (NSFW)

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-06 01:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Back in April
Quote:
While Greece’s lenders are pushing the Greek government to accept their terms in order to allocate funds so the country will not go bankrupt, Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis seems to have another ace up his sleeve. The second top thinker in the world according to prospect magazine surprised even his closest aides at a secret meeting when he said “We ‘ve had enough, we ‘ll run on Bitcoin.”

Sources very closed to Greece’s minister of finance told Greek Reporter that today Yanis Varoufakis held a top secret meeting with high-ranking finance ministry officials to prepare them in case negotiations at the upcoming Eurogroup fail. The anonymous source noted that everybody in the room was staring at each other when Varoufakis – also a prominent blogger – said “We ‘ll go to Bitcoin, we will be ahead of all the world economies and although it may be painful in the beginning, Greece’s economy will thrive in the long term.”

The Greek Finance Minister went on to explain what is the cryptocurrency and how it will be implemented into Greeks’ day to day life by using a special mini computerized card with a chip. All citizens will carry the card as an electronic wallet. The card will be distributed for free to all Greek citizens via the local tax offices but it will also be available for purchase at the country’s entry points for 45 euros, or 0,20 Bitcoin each. The sale of the card to tourists is expected to be another form of revenue for cash-strapped Greece.
Yanis Varoufakis: “Greece Will Adopt the Bitcoin If Eurogroup Doesn’t Give Us a Deal”

3 days ago
Quote:
There is at least one legal way to get your euros out of Greece these days, to guard against the prospect that they might be devalued into drachmas: convert them into bitcoin.

Although absolute figures are hard to come by, Greek interest has surged in the online "cryptocurrency", which is out of the reach of monetary authorities and can be transferred at the touch of a smartphone screen.

New customers depositing at least 50 euros with BTCGreece, the only Greece-based bitcoin exchange, open only to Greeks, rose by 400 percent between May and June, according to its founder Thanos Marinos, who put the number at "a few thousand". The average deposit quadrupled to around 700 euros.

Using bitcoin could allow Greeks to do one of the things that capital controls were put in place this week to prevent: transfer money out of their bank accounts and, if they wish, out of the country.
Fearing return to drachma, some Greeks use bitcoin to dodge capital controls

Greece will be fine and definitely better off in the next 5-10 years. The ECB & the IMF are the ones in trouble now.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-06 04:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Honestly im just worried if that plebiscit will bring a worldwide recession.

A turbulent economy period is the last thing i need for my country, thats already facing a ugly recession, unemployment and inflation increase.
The world is already heading into recession and 2 years earlier than predicted.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-06 07:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So should I invest in Greece now then ?
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-07-06 10:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So should I invest in Greece now then ?
Invest in bacon, make your own grease.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-07-06 10:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This post is for our friends who are in favor of teen pregnancy.

Why Teen Pregnancy Is Plummeting in Colorado
Study offering free IUDs, implants shows dramatic results

Newser

Quote:
Science continues to back up an American Academy of Pediatrics policy change recommending teenage girls use long-acting birth control methods rather than the pill. Over six years, Colorado offered women free IUDs and implants as part of "one of the largest ever real-life experiments with long-acting birth control," reports the New York Times. The result: teenage pregnancies fell by 40% from 2009 to 2013 and abortions plunged by 42%, according to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Births also fell among unmarried women under 25 who didn't finish high school. "Our demographer came into my office with a chart and said, 'Look at this, we've never seen this before,'" says a public health department rep. "The numbers were plummeting."

About 20% of women between 18 and 44 are now using a long-acting method in Colorado, compared to 7% of women in that age group nationwide. Compared to the pill, "the difference in effectiveness is profound," the study author says, noting the failure rate for the pill was 5%. That figure for implants and IUDs was less than 1%, probably because they don't require any action from the woman. Though the teen birthrate hit a historic low last year, experts say Colorado's experiment may have been a driving force in the change. That could be ending, though, as the grant that funds the state program is dwindling, though the state suggested every dollar spent on the program saved $5.85 for Colorado's Medicaid, the Times reports. Some health care plans only offer certain birth control methods, and only new plans must provide free contraception.
By fonewear 2015-07-06 10:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

We need more teen pregnancy how else is MTV going to come up with new reality TV shows ?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-06 10:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

So, nobody?
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-07-06 11:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

#MCM
By fonewear 2015-07-06 11:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

So, nobody?

I'm in favor long as I"m the one doing the impregnating !
By fonewear 2015-07-06 11:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

In random gunman news:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/walter-reed-medical-center-lockdown-report-suspected-active/story?id=32252272

Home
>
U.S.
Walter Reed Medical Center Placed on Lockdown After Report of Suspected 'Active Shooter'
Jul 6, 2015, 12:25 PM ET
By EMILY SHAPIRO
PHOTO: The scene at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, July 6, 2015.
The scene at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, July 6, 2015.
WJLA

The Walter Reed National Military Medical Center campus near Bethesda, Maryland, placed a shelter in place order this morning following reports of a suspected active shooter.

Montgomery County Police officers responded but have not confirmed the initial report of a gunshot heard on campus.

There have been no confirmed shots and no injuries reported, officials said.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-06 11:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

So, nobody?

I'm in favor long as I"m the one doing the impregnating !

but you're nobody's friend!

teen pregnancy rates fell nationwide
By fonewear 2015-07-06 11:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Who needs friends I got internet friends ! They are cheap and effective.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-06 12:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

40% would be remarkable....except nationwide the teen pregnancy rate declined by 51%

and this kids, is how everyone starved to death in china during Mao, just keep excitedly posting study results that suck, but break both of your arms patting themselves on the back for how wonderful they are.

maybe nobody will notice next time
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-07-06 16:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Who needs friends I got internet friends ! They are cheap and effective.

And have big ***!
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-07 00:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
A panel featuring a number of NASA’s top scientists recently predicted that the world will finally have proof of extraterrestrial life within the next several years.

The scientists pointed to the various discoveries that have been made in the past few years, indicating that we are not alone in the universe. They discussed the recent discovery of water on Mars, as well as the many planets that were discovered which have conditions that would be suitable for living organisms.

NASA chief scientist Ellen Stofan was even bold enough to predict when we will finally see proof of life in the universe.

“I think we’re going to have strong indications of life beyond Earth within a decade, and I think we’re going to have definitive evidence within 20 to 30 years. We know where to look. We know how to look. In most cases we have the technology, and we’re on a path to implementing it. And so I think we’re definitely on the road,” Stofan said.

Jeffery Newmark, NASA’s interim director of heliophysics chimed in, saying that, “It’s definitely not an if, it’s a when.”

This is not the first time that a NASA panel has put forward these types of predictions. In fact, just last year on another NASA panel, a different team of NASA scientists made the same prediction.
NASA Openly Admits Alien Life Exists: Get Ready for Disclosure
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-07 00:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Quote:
A panel featuring a number of NASA’s top scientists recently predicted that the world will finally have proof of extraterrestrial life within the next several years.

The scientists pointed to the various discoveries that have been made in the past few years, indicating that we are not alone in the universe. They discussed the recent discovery of water on Mars, as well as the many planets that were discovered which have conditions that would be suitable for living organisms.

NASA chief scientist Ellen Stofan was even bold enough to predict when we will finally see proof of life in the universe.

“I think we’re going to have strong indications of life beyond Earth within a decade, and I think we’re going to have definitive evidence within 20 to 30 years. We know where to look. We know how to look. In most cases we have the technology, and we’re on a path to implementing it. And so I think we’re definitely on the road,” Stofan said.

Jeffery Newmark, NASA’s interim director of heliophysics chimed in, saying that, “It’s definitely not an if, it’s a when.”

This is not the first time that a NASA panel has put forward these types of predictions. In fact, just last year on another NASA panel, a different team of NASA scientists made the same prediction.
NASA Openly Admits Alien Life Exists: Get Ready for Disclosure

Essentially, their certainty is based on the Drake Equation. But, there is compelling evidence that there is liquid water in a few places currently in our solar system and at least a few more had liquid water at some point. We've found organic compounds on Mars and frost below the surface soil.

Though, realistically they aren't talking about advanced life, more along the lines of cyanobacteria or other microbes.
 Bahamut.Omael
Server: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-07-07 00:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Great, more illegal aliens.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-07 02:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The Kremlin says Russian President Vladimir Putin received a phone call from Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras, whose government is racing against the clock to reach a bailout deal with creditors.

The two leaders discussed the results of Sunday's referendum in Greece and "several questions about the further development of Russian-Greek cooperation," the Kremlin said.

During Monday's call, the Kremlin said Putin "expressed support for the Greek people in overcoming the difficulties facing their country."

The head of VTB, Russia's second-largest state bank, said over the weekend that Russia might be interested in buying Greek assets if they were to be privatized.

VTB head Andrei Kostin said Russia might be interested in ports, airports, railways or companies in the energy sector but that Russia would be unlikely to give Greece loans.
The Latest: Tsipras calls Putin in wake of referendum result
First Page 2 3 ... 743 744 745 ... 1375 1376 1377