Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 740 741 742 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-04 02:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Nuke the kids.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-04 02:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
So basically you're just arguing for abstinence again. Not sure why it took so long to just say that.

Encouraging abstinence as well as giving teens a thorough education on the matter makes a ton of sense. I don't know why people think those two things can't mix.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-04 02:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
So basically you're just arguing for abstinence again. Not sure why it took so long to just say that.

Encouraging abstinence as well as giving teens a thorough education on the matter makes a ton of sense. I don't know why people think those two things can't mix.
Because we need to implant microchips in the uterus on every 12 year old girl so they can have all the sex they want.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-07-04 02:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

A teenager of sound enough mind

Sorry, lost you there.
Really?

We expect teenagers to understand the law and obey it. Otherwise they can be charged as adults.

We allow them to learn how to operate a heavy machine vehicle and handle any consequences that occurs from mishandling it.

We allow them to work and pay taxes.

We allow teenagers to get married as young as 13-14 (depnding on state laws).

We allow teenagers to have and raise children. Providing free day care at high schools.

We (as a nation) are very inconsistent on how we treat teenagers.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-07-04 03:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, lost you there.
Ah yes, the whole "teenagers are completely out of their mind until the moment they hit 18" thing.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-07-04 03:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Laconic said: »
A teenager of sound enough mind to take control of their own reproductive consequences seems more likely to be aware of STDs than, say, a teenager taught to abstain despite all the sex happening anyway.

Sounds like they would be smart enough to understand that sex leads to pregnancy as well. "odd how none of you mention birth control is not full proof" Abstaining from sex til your out of fracking middle school and well into high school should at least be the argument being made by you people.

I also notice how you "all of you" like to stray away from 12 year old and use minor and teenager instead for your horrible arguments.
Here's the thing though. If that kid REALLY wants to have sex, they're going to have it regardless of what anyone in the world says.

I'm fairly certain when I get around to having kids, as much as I'd prefer for them to wait until they're actually prepared for ***going south, I'd also rather them have access to contraceptives because I understand I literally can't stop them from doing what they want without locking them up. Which is all sorts of bad parenting and possibly illegal?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-04 03:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »

Sorry, lost you there.
Really?

We expect teenagers to understand the law and obey it. Otherwise they can be charged as adults.

We allow them to learn how to operate a heavy machine vehicle and handle any consequences that occurs from mishandling it.

We allow teenagers to have and raise children. Providing free day care at high schools.

H-U-M-O-R

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Here's the thing though. If that kid REALLY wants to have sex, they're going to have it regardless of what anyone in the world says.

I was waiting for that argument, because that same argument could be used for literally almost anything. For example, people will do whatever they want if they REALLY want to, even if it's highly illegal. That doesn't mean that you can't discourage the behavior.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-07-04 04:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I was waiting for that argument, because that same argument could be used for literally almost anything. For example, people will do whatever they want if they REALLY want to, even if it's highly illegal. That doesn't mean that you can't discourage the behavior.
I'm going to assume you aren't actually going to equate minors getting frisky with each other to murder, rape and other heinous crimes.

Has anyone in this thread said anything about encouraging them? Hell, has anyone said anything against encouraging abstinence?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-04 05:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure preaching abstinence will make sure those kids will never have sex. Talk about naivety.

You could be the best parent in the world but that doesn't mean that when your teen goes hormon-crazy you'll be able to keep his/her junk in check.

You teach em about sex, you teach em about std, teach em about pregnancy and birth control. Then, it's all in their hands(keke). Your little girl isn't coming home saying "hey daddy can you buy me some birth control cause there's this super hot guy and.."
They're going to do it behind your back. And so, is it better they are capable of accessing things that prevent the bad things you told them about, or are they gonna play lottery?
Cause they are gonna do it, whether you want them or not.
Yes, even as soon as 13.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-04 05:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »

Sorry, lost you there.
Really?

We the people in order to form a more perfect nation. Amend the Constitution to require females no more than 9 years old. To be implanted with an IUD so they don't have to get pregnant !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-04 05:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Sure preaching abstinence will make sure those kids will never have sex. Talk about naivety.

You could be the best parent in the world but that doesn't mean that when your teen goes hormon-crazy you'll be able to keep his/her junk in check.

You teach em about sex, you teach em about std, teach em about pregnancy and birth control. Then, it's all in their hands(keke). Your little girl isn't coming home saying "hey daddy can you buy me some birth control cause there's this super hot guy and.."
They're going to do it behind your back. And so, is it better they are capable of accessing things that prevent the bad things you told them about, or are they gonna play lottery?
Cause they are gonna do it, whether you want them or not.
Yes, even as soon as 13.

And where is it that I can find these 13 year old girls...
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-04 05:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Laconic said: »
A teenager of sound enough mind to take control of their own reproductive consequences seems more likely to be aware of STDs than, say, a teenager taught to abstain despite all the sex happening anyway.

Sounds like they would be smart enough to understand that sex leads to pregnancy as well. "odd how none of you mention birth control is not full proof" Abstaining from sex til your out of fracking middle school and well into high school should at least be the argument being made by you people.

I also notice how you "all of you" like to stray away from 12 year old and use minor and teenager instead for your horrible arguments.

I'm fairly certain when I get around to having kids, as much as I'd prefer for them to wait until they're actually prepared for ***going south, I'd also rather them have access to contraceptives because I understand I literally can't stop them from doing what they want without locking them up. Which is all sorts of bad parenting and possibly illegal?

What if you make sex illegal till you are 18 ?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-04 06:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

More worthless strawmen.
By fonewear 2015-07-04 06:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I think 12 year old kids should get pregnant. I mean we have feminism so. What is the problem ?
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-07-04 06:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Because of the phrase above. Abstinence doesn't really make a lot of sense, in that it is normally taught to not have sex until a certain point (e.g. marriage). But after that point, sex becomes magically OK?

What should be taught is to not let yourself be pressured into having sex until you want to (which has little to do with abstinence), and how to have safe sex (both with regards to diseases and birth control).
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-04 06:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »

Because of the phrase above. Abstinence doesn't really make a lot of sense, in that it is normally taught to not have sex until a certain point (e.g. marriage). But after that point, sex becomes magically OK?

What should be taught is to not let yourself be pressured into having sex until you want to (which has little to do with abstinence), and how to have safe sex (both with regards to diseases and birth control).

Correct wait till you are 8 years old. Then it is okay.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-04 07:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're going to San Francisco be sure to not enforce immigration laws.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/san-francisco-woman-shot-killed-strolling-pier-father/story?id=32210463

A San Francisco woman was recently shot and killed in a seemingly "random shooting" while she was strolling and taking photos with her father in a tourist-heavy area of the city, according to the authorities and the victim's family.

Kathryn Steinle, 31 -- a medical sales rep on her way to see her sister-in-law, who was expecting a baby -- was shot in her upper torso at Pier 14 in San Francisco on Wednesday around 6:30 p.m., police said.

Despite a Good Samaritan helping officers attend to Steinle before paramedics arrived, she later died at San Francisco General Hospital.

The alleged shooter, Francisco Sanchez, 45, fled the scene, but officers found him in front of a restaurant in the area about an hour after Steinle was shot. Sanchez was on probation in Texas at the time of the shooting, and he has been formally charged with Steinle's murder, according to authorities.

It was not clear what he was on probation for.

"There does not appear to be any connection between the victim and the suspect," San Francisco Police Sgt. Mike Andraychak told ABC News affiliate KGO. "At this point, it appears to be a random shooting incident."

Sanchez has been previously deported five times to his home country of Mexico and his criminal history includes seven prior felony convictions, four of which involve narcotics charges, according to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

ICE said in a statement that Sanchez was turned over to the San Francisco Police Department this past March on an outstanding drug warrant and that the department requested that police notify ICE prior to his release so ICE officers could make arrangements to take custody.

However, police did not honor the detainer, ICE said, adding that the case "illustrates the importance of jurisdictions working with ICE in order to avoid needless tragedy in their communities."

San Francisco PD did not immediately respond to a request for comment about the allegations from ICE.

But the San Francisco Sheriff's Department said that it had no "legal basis" to hold Sanchez based on a federal immigration detainer, according to the Associated Press.

According to Freya Horne, a lawyer for the Sheriff's Department, the city only turns over illegal immigrants if there's an active warrant for their arrest, the AP said.

So he was released on April 15, Horne said.

In the meantime, Steinle's family is in shock and mourning, KGO reported.

The victim's brother, Brad Steinle, told KGO his sister, who loved to make people laugh and smile, was supposed to see him the night she died to learn if he and his wife were expecting a boy or girl.

"She won't get to meet my daughter," Brad said through tears. "Cherish the people in your life, and who you love, and tell them you love them, cause I'll never get to tell my sister that I love her again,"

Kathryn Steinle, who was went by "Kate," lived in San Francisco, but grew up in the small town of Pleasanton, California. She graduated from Amador Valley High School in 2001, KGO reported. She eventually made her way to the city, working as a medical device sales representative for Medtronic, the station added.

"We are saddened and shocked by this senseless act," Medtronic said in a statement on Thursday. "Our thoughts and condolences are with Kate's family and friends."

On Thursday evening, flowers were left on Pier 14 to honor and remember Kate Steinle.

"She was amazing," her friend, Heather Childress told KGO. "She was a very compassionate person, her smile was infectious."

Childress and other friends also told KGO that Steinle was the kind of friend who was always there. When friends organized a charity bike ride for multiple sclerosis, Kate threw a fundraising dinner to help without being asked, they said.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-07-04 08:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
If you're going to San Francisco be sure to not enforce immigration laws.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/san-francisco-woman-shot-killed-strolling-pier-father/story?id=32210463

I feel like a lot of important information is missing, or some connecting information.

If he was on probation in TX, why was he not sent back there? Was he not violating probation for being in CA?

And if he had been deported multiple times and ICE wanted him, why was he on probation at all?

I was also under the impression that ICE trumped city and could have an immigrant remanded into their custody, immediately.

I'm interested in San Fransico's response to ICE on their assertions.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-07-04 09:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT:

Some people are STILL in favor of 6th graders getting pregnant.
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-07-04 10:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Relevant but NSFW
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-04 10:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lmao, that was hilarious.
And quite spot on, I've known girls like that in highschool lol.
[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-04 11:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Those girls look older than 16.
The 1:00 mark - 1:10 says it all.
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-04 11:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not?

This is the reason sex education was pushed onto schools. How did they do that? They said it would help teens to not get pregnant since they would be more informed.

Then it back fired and now preteens are just as informed as teens and everyone is getting pregnant so hey! Lets just take them and get them implanted behind their parents back so they can have sex whenever they want with no consequences and we can all feel better about ourselves for teaching them about sex ed.

And no,
Quote:
Then, it's all in their hands(keke).
You just failed parenting, good job.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-04 11:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

One day I would like to make acquaintance with your brain, I've yet to see it around.
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-04 11:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

When you've got nothing. ^
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-04 11:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I already laid out my thoughts, why should I repeat them?
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-04 11:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Never said you needed too. Especially since its easier for you to just insult and move on. The brain power needed for that is next to nothing, so I really didn't even expect that much from you.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-04 11:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You are unable to grasp concepts, there's nothing I can do for you. Keep living in your imaginary world where all kids ignore sexual desires and keeping them in the dark or preventing them from accessing tools to avoid mishaps is a great idea.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-04 11:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

More hyperbole. Keep it up, you're really getting somewhere with that.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-04 11:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not hyperbole, he talked about abstinence previously.
First Page 2 3 ... 740 741 742 ... 1375 1376 1377