Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 610 611 612 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-28 10:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
What hate speech?

Edit: Googled it, only articles showing such accusations are coming from Salon, Mother Jones, Huffington Post, and Vox. So, there is no basis or evidence of such hate speech, Chanti is parroting misinformation yet again.

Nausi is just responding emotionally.

Chanti is likely referring to the shady activity that has landed many of Walkers cohorts in court, charges that he himself has successfully evaded because while he may be a corrupt ***, he's really, really good at it.

Which, come to think of it, isn't the worst endorsement for a politician I suppose.
So, guilt by association then.

So, shall we indict you for passing that criminal on the street one time in your life?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-28 10:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

What hate speech?

Edit: Googled it, only articles showing such accusations are coming from Salon, Mother Jones, Huffington Post, and Vox. So, there is no basis or evidence of such hate speech, Chanti is parroting misinformation yet again.

Nausi is just responding emotionally.

Chanti is likely referring to the shady activity that has landed many of Walkers cohorts in court, charges that he himself has successfully evaded because while he may be a corrupt ***, he's really, really good at it.

Which, come to think of it, isn't the worst endorsement for a politician I suppose.

Edit:
Scott Walker doesn't have much against him, and the media knows that, that's why you see (almost) absolutely no mention of him at all. He is the best candidate for the GOP, but you cannot even see it because the media is all about Bush and Paul.

Even if I believed the things he says about unions and the like, I'd have a hard time supporting him given the above. Even if you decide that his actions benefitted more people than they hurt in Wisconsin (quite debatable), he's Clinton-level dirty and doesn't have the support of the poor or causeheads the way the Clintons do.
I was trying to crack a joke. What emotion was I responding with?
By Ramyrez 2015-05-28 10:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
lol, the whine about media isn't that conservatism cannot compete, because obviously it can (and win). Only that the field is so heavily dominated by a particular ideology that the shear volume of troops tilts the universe.

You and Sparth are so close to agreeing it's scary, but that you both have to word it so that the other is offended is also scary.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-28 10:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
American news is gutter trash and it's a shame you have to look globally to find something approaching real news because we're devoting whole blocks of time to ***.

Perhaps, but once you've seen other countries' variety shows, you start to wonder if their media is any less insane.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-05-28 10:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I was trying to crack a joke. What emotion was I responding with?

Mirth?

*** Christ.

I was, in turn, applying a bit of humor as you're constantly replying with "feels" and it felt appropriate to turn the tables a bit. Yeeeeeesh.

E'rebody bein' defensive up in 'ere today!

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-28 10:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
American news is gutter trash and it's a shame you have to look globally to find something approaching real news because we're devoting whole blocks of time to ***.

Perhaps, but once you've seen other countries' variety shows, you start to wonder if their media is any less insane.

Last I checked, CNN isn't supposed to be a variety show but Don Lemon as head clown, you'd think you were watching Ringling Bros.

You know its bad when I tune into Al Jazeera America and breathe a sigh of relief I wont have to see some celebs ugly mug and am going to hear about REAL news for a change. About the WORLD! Not just America! Woaaaaaaaaaah Nelly!

God its so bad even Russia Today is an appealing breath of fresh air from the steaming pile of chocobo dung that is primetime news.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-28 10:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still rooting for a Biden vs. Christie general election. If we can't find any good candidates anyway, we might as well make it entertaining.
I thought the Clinton vs. Bush thing was the joke, lol.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-05-28 10:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So, shall we indict you for passing that criminal on the street one time in your life?

He didn't have "casual contact" with these people. These were close associates and there's evidence -- though clearly not enough to indict -- that he participated in these acts.

Whether he did or not is not my point. My point is what I said previously. He's got a lot of shadiness in his past that would do him no favors if brought to light in the general election.

For better or worse, Clinton² manages to shrug all that ***off somehow* (which is irritating), but I don't think Walker would be able to do so, in part due to said media outlets would have a field day digging up any and all dirt they could on a national stage.

*obvious combination of selective memory of supporters, gender, income, and various other factors that allow her to be somehow bulletproof to all the ***she and her husband have done.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-28 10:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
I'm still rooting for a Biden vs. Christie general election. If we can't find any good candidates anyway, we might as well make it entertaining.

Libertarians have already thrown Rand under the bus as a sellout willing to suck corporate *** for quarters.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-28 10:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm torn between Bernie Sanders and Rick Santorum myself.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-05-28 10:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Libertarians have already thrown Rand under the bus as a sellout willing to suck corporate *** for quarters.

It's the hair... he still refuses to cut off his 80's perm...
By Ramyrez 2015-05-28 10:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm torn between Bernie Sanders

I like Bernie Sanders. I don't think he has a prayer in the prelim, let alone the general election, but...meh.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-28 10:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

How about Bernue Sanders vs. Harry Carey

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-28 10:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm torn between Bernie Sanders

I like Bernie Sanders. I don't think he has a prayer in the prelim, let alone the general election, but...meh.
C'mon bro, hes working for Hillary to make her seem more "moderate".

"At least Hillary doesn't want to raise taxes to 90%."
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-28 11:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

These were close associates and there's evidence -- though clearly not enough to indict -- that he participated in these acts.
Any evidence that he participated in any of these acts (can you elaborate what these acts are?) is enough for an indictment.

Maybe, just maybe, these accusations have no basis to stand on because they are just accusations, you know, with no basis to stand on.

Like I can accuse you of selling products to Iran (which is a felony on itself), but without evidence, that accusation has no meaning.

So, care to present evidence to the court?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-28 11:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

he's Clinton-level dirty and doesn't have the support of the poor or causeheads the way the Clintons do.
You only say that because he is a union buster and your union reps told you to say that.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-28 11:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

he's Clinton-level dirty and doesn't have the support of the poor or causeheads the way the Clintons do.
You only say that because he is a union buster and your union reps told you to say that.

On my resumes I make sure to bold and underline "Union Thug" for all my employers to see.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-28 11:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-28 11:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fail chart, Obama is never on the right of anything.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-05-28 11:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

How about Bernue Sanders vs. Harry Carey

/buzz killington

harry caray is dead
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-05-28 11:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh...no?

I don't know how else to respond to that. Ignoring the fact that I don't listen to anyone telling me who to vote for, my union reps don't even suggest who to vote for at any level.

Edit: I will admit that if I read the propaganda the union mails me you might have an argument, but given I don't read anything that doesn't directly effect me in the first place...the only time I even open any of it is if it doesn't have an outside indicator that it's just propaganda and I need to be sure it's not actually something important.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-28 11:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh...no?

I don't know how else to respond to that. Ignoring the fact that I don't listen to anyone telling me who to vote for, my union reps don't even suggest who to vote for at any level.
Strange, it has been shown otherwise.

While you may personally not be influenced by your union reps, or so you believe, you cannot deny that unions manipulating the elections doesn't exist.

And unions are supposed to (by law) not influence public elections.

So, any comments?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-28 11:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Unions bad, unregulated capitalism good.

I mean the last time we did unregulated capitalism, the average American turned out ok right? Right?

BACK TO THE MINES GALKAS.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-28 11:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean the last time we did unregulated capitalism, the average American turned out ok right? Right?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-28 11:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

BACK TO THE MINES GALKAS.

Yeah, we can't comment on corruption in modern unions because unions had a positive effect during a particular timeframe in American History.

Wait, what?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-28 11:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Walker has a few issues. WDEC is probably going to be his biggest and the fact that he failed to deliver on on new job growth as promised falling around 50% short on that and landing Wisconsin as 44th on short term job growth. The issues with his aides getting caught up in the previously discussed scandal has as much to do with walker as it does with christie knowing about the bridge thing or obama knowing about the IRS or whatever else. Not enough evidence to actually pin anything on em but someone else went down for it. Might hurt him more that those aides are no longer able to help him with his new campaign push.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-05-28 11:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh...no?

Strange, it has been shown otherwise.

While you may personally not be influenced by your union reps, or so you believe, you cannot deny that unions manipulating the elections doesn't exist.

And unions are supposed to (by law) not influence public elections.

So, any comments?

Your idea/support that worker organizations should not be able to back a candidate that benefits workers is starkly at odds with the currently shady-yet-accepted practice of corporations buying politicians. You accuse me of being bias at my union's direction, but you conveniently ignore the fact that likely your upbringing has conditioned you to think only negative things about unions and that maybe they do good for workers after all.

As for your actual point, I was only speaking for myself personally, as your dig was at me personally. I can tell you that I am critical of my own union internally at times, and vocally. That doesn't mean I want to be rid of it (well, I do want to be rid of it, but only in the sense I wish it weren't needed, but as I trust employers not to bleed me dry as much as I trust a viper not to bite...)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-28 11:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I only mention the extremes because that's essentially how the argument is framed. Unions are evil forces that must be broken to allow true prosperity to flow and by prosperity you mean stacking the back room with more Central Americans than you can shake a stick at.

I'm well aware of the failings of unions, the environment of comfort, complacency and bureaucratic slog that comes with large ones and the cronyism that entrenches corrupt people in positions they don't deserve. Please, don't waste my time explaining what I already know. Tell me more about how Obama time traveled to create unions as part of a CIA/Mossad conspiracy to destroy America.

Apparently who doesn't know are all the libertarians that want a return to days of robber barons and hiring people to intimidate workers. Somewhere in their minds I imagine they think they'll be the wealthy overlord and won't have to worry about being pumped in the *** by an exploitative employer.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-05-28 11:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently who doesn't know are all the libertarians that want a return to days of robber barons and hiring people to intimidate workers. Somewhere in their minds I imagine they think they'll be the wealthy overlord and won't have to worry about being pumped in the *** by an exploitative employer.

KN suffers the illusion that all of human greed, arrogance, and spite is in the past (or certainly not existent in the boardrooms of America, but rather, on the factory floors) and that today's corporations and businesses (large or small) -- outside of a couple of bad eggs -- would never stoop to beggaring their employees and gutting benefits to make themselves richer still. He truly seems to think that "trickle down" is a thing that actually happens.

All those bad things are in the past. We don't need unions or collective bargaining anymore! Everyone is treated fairly*!

*as determined by people who have money and benefit the most by deciding what's fair...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-28 11:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone's treated fair!

Meanwhile, bankers get off again trying to manipulate currency, only needing to pay fines with no actual people being held to account.

Fairness! lololol
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 610 611 612 ... 1375 1376 1377