Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 343 344 345 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-03-01 12:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Historic mission huh, I wonder if he is aware he is about to accomplish absolutely nothing. I don't even think the networks are airing it, no one is going to see it.
By fonewear 2015-03-01 12:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Historic mission huh, I wonder if he is aware he is about to accomplish absolutely nothing. I don't even think the networks are airing it, no one is going to see it.

Not sure if this is about Obama or Netanyahu...
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-01 12:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Not sure if this is about Obama or Netanyahu...
Why not both?
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-03-01 12:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you believe what a childish little pussy Obama is being over this? Acting like a spoiled little rich girl upset that someone went to another girl's Sweet Sixteen party and now his is going to stomp his feet and pout in his room. The anti-Semite Democratic party is sure loving it. When Barrack Obama gave his historic speech in Berlin in 2008 a few months before our National election was that interference in our election?
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-03-01 13:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow Aman, your idiocy has reached new heights. Continue to be wrong about everything.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-01 15:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Report: Obama Threatened to Shoot Down Israeli Jets Attacking Iran
By fonewear 2015-03-01 15:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't know he could fly a jet !
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-03-01 16:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

He will never be half the president Bill Pullman was.

[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-01 16:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what day today is "Independence Day" Take that you fascist alien scum !
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-01 16:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

He will never be half the president Bill Pullman was.

Like the secret service would ever let a sitting president fly a combat mission... They aren't allowed to drive and Obama is the first one allowed to have a freaking cell phone.
By fonewear 2015-03-01 16:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-03-01 16:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Like the secret service would ever let a sitting president fly a combat mission... They aren't allowed to drive and Obama is the first one allowed to have a freaking cell phone.

Bill Pullman wouldn't let his bodyguards tell him what to do. Pullman 2016!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-01 16:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeff Goldblum when he isn't fighting dinosaurs or aliens he is looking for love in all the wrong places !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-01 16:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn it now I want a Jurassic Park /Aliens crossover movie with Jeff Goldblum !

He's about to discover dinosaurs that are...out of this world !

Jurassic Alien rated PG 13
By fonewear 2015-03-01 16:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-03-01 16:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn it now I want a Jurassic Park /Aliens crossover movie with Jeff Goldblum !

He's about to discover dinosaurs that are...out of this world !

Jurassic Alien rated PG 13

Hollywood would never sink that low for a sequel.

...nevermind.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-01 16:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This time the Hot Tub is mildly warm not hot !
By fonewear 2015-03-01 16:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I found a my new thing to do on 4th of July memorize that speech and walk around my neighborhood reading it !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-01 16:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If there is anything more American than the 4th of the July I don't want to know about it !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-03-01 16:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If there is anything more American than the 4th of the July I don't want to know about it !

Cinco de Mayo!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-01 16:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyways I was happy today till I read this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-e-mann/climate-change-pause_b_6671076.html

TLDR:

No, climate change is not experiencing a hiatus. No, there is not currently a "pause" in global warming.

Despite widespread such claims in contrarian circles, human-caused warming of the globe proceeds unabated. Indeed, as reported here at The Huffington Post just last month, the most recent year (2014) was likely the warmest year on record.

It is true that Earth's surface warmed a bit less than models predicted it to over the past decade-and-a-half or so. This doesn't mean that the models are flawed. Instead, it points to a discrepancy that likely arose from a combination of three main factors (see the discussion my piece last year in Scientific American). These factors include the likely underestimation of the actual warming that has occurred, due to gaps in the observational data. Secondly, scientists have failed to include in model simulations some natural factors (low-level but persistent volcanic eruptions and a small dip in solar output) that had a slight cooling influence on Earth's climate. Finally, there is the possibility that internal, natural oscillations in temperature may have masked some surface warming in recent decades, much as an outbreak of Arctic air can mask the seasonal warming of spring during a late season cold snap. One could call it a global warming "speed bump." In fact, I have.

Some have argued that these oscillations contributed substantially to the warming of the globe in recent decades. In an article my colleagues Byron Steinman, Sonya Miller and I have in the latest issue of Science magazine, we show that internal climate variability instead partially offset global warming.

We focused on the Northern Hemisphere and the role played by two climate oscillations known as the Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation or "AMO" (a term I coined back in 2000, as recounted in my book The Hockey Stick and the Climate Wars) and the so-called Pacific Decadal Oscillation or "PDO" (we a use a slightly different term--Pacific Multidecadal Oscillation or "PMO" to refer to the longer-term features of this apparent oscillation). The oscillation in Northern Hemisphere average temperatures (which we term the Northern Hemisphere Multidecadal Oscillation or "NMO") is found to result from a combination of the AMO and PMO.

In numerous previous studies, these oscillations have been linked to everything from global warming, to drought in the Sahel region of Africa, to increased Atlantic hurricane activity. In our article, we show that the methods used in most if not all of these previous studies have been flawed. They fail to give the correct answer when applied to a situation (a climate model simulation) where the true answer is known.

We propose and test an alternative method for identifying these oscillations, which makes use of the climate simulations used in the most recent IPCC report (the so-called "CMIP5" simulations). These simulations are used to estimate the component of temperature changes due to increasing greenhouse gas concentrations and other human impacts plus the effects of volcanic eruptions and observed changes in solar output. When all those influences are removed, the only thing remaining should be internal oscillations. We show that our method gives the correct answer when tested with climate model simulations.

Applying our method to the actual climate observations (see figure above) we find that the NMO is currently trending downward. In other words, the internal oscillatory component is currently offsetting some of the Northern Hemisphere warming that we would otherwise be experiencing. This finding expands upon our previous work coming to a similar conclusion, but in the current study we better pinpoint the source of the downturn. The much-vaunted AMO appears to have made relatively little contribution to large-scale temperature changes over the past couple decades. Its amplitude has been small, and it is currently relatively flat, approaching the crest of a very shallow upward peak. That contrasts with the PMO, which is trending sharply downward. It is that decline in the PMO (which is tied to the predominance of cold La Niña-like conditions in the tropical Pacific over the past decade) that appears responsible for the declining NMO, i.e. the slowdown in warming or "faux pause" as some have termed it.

Our conclusion that natural cooling in the Pacific is a principal contributor to the recent slowdown in large-scale warming is consistent with some other recent studies, including a study I commented on previously showing that stronger-than-normal winds in the tropical Pacific during the past decade have lead to increased upwelling of cold deep water in the eastern equatorial Pacific. Other work by Kevin Trenberth and John Fasullo of the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) shows that the there has been increased sub-surface heat burial in the Pacific ocean over this time frame, while yet another study by James Risbey and colleagues demonstrates that model simulations that most closely follow the observed sequence of El Niño and La Niña events over the past decade tend to reproduce the warming slowdown.

It is possible that the downturn in the PMO itself reflects a "dynamical response" of the climate to global warming. Indeed, I have suggested this possibility before. But the state-of-the-art climate model simulations analyzed in our current study suggest that this phenomenon is a manifestation of purely random, internal oscillations in the climate system.

This finding has potential ramifications for the climate changes we will see in the decades ahead. As we note in the last line of our article,
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-03-01 16:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

And, with that post, alarms are going off in the homes of Altima and Pleebo. Expect them shortly.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-01 16:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd tell you to read it but it would just waste valuable seconds you won't get back !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-01 16:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait I have an expert to weigh in on this:

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2015-03-01 21:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
And, with that post, alarms are going off in the homes of Altima and Pleebo. Expect them shortly.

I lit the global warming signal maybe they didn't see it !

In my free time I make solar panels for me and my neighbors !

[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-01 23:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Combine this story with this one:
Iran test-fires ‘new strategic weapon’ to battle ‘Great Satan’ US

Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-03-02 07:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Highway Robbery As Banks Prey Upon Poor and Repo Men Turn Off Cars in Intersections & Highways
First Page 2 3 ... 343 344 345 ... 1375 1376 1377