Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1262 1263 1264 ... 1375 1376 1377

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-13 14:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
The candidates may be diverse themselves, but they're doing a poor job addressing the main issues and concerns facing their own demographics. This is why you don't see them getting the same backing that say, Obama had with blacks or Hillary has with women.

Wow.. smh.. I just don't even... Are you really saying blacks only voted before obama because he did a good job addressing main issues facing their demographic? Are you really that dense? Are we seriously going to have this conversation?

Candlejack said: »
So, it seems more people have been arrested since Thursday in connection to Kowardly Kattleman Kliven and sons' treasonous "uprising". The FBI's nabbed about six other people, from as far away as North Carolina, on charges of conspiracy, brandishing, and incitement to violence. The FBI also claims there may be more arrests in coming days. We can't forget, they probably copied the names and addresses off any "care packages" supporters sent the Bundy Bunch during their illegal occupation.

I dunno what is worse, the FBI arresting people that stood up for their rights and arresting anyone that talked with or helped them in anyway. Or that you are happy about it.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-13 14:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
Altimaomega said: »
To consider yourself a Conservative is the most extreme-right political thing you can do. We haven't even had a candidate to vote for president since Reagan. You should start paying better attention because Republicans and Conservatives are about as different as Republicans and Democrats.
Wait, are you saying Reagan would be considered extreme right in todays republican party?

http://www.freedomworks.org/content/how-would-reagan-fit-tea-party
Fairly unbiased. Worth the read.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-13 14:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The candidates may be diverse themselves, but they're doing a poor job addressing the main issues and concerns facing their own demographics. This is why you don't see them getting the same backing that say, Obama had with blacks or Hillary has with women.

Wow.. smh.. I just don't even... Are you really saying blacks only voted before obama because he did a good job addressing main issues facing their demographic? Are you really that dense? Are we seriously going to have this conversation?
I'm saying he appealed to their interests during his campaign, which explains why he was able to win their support and votes.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-13 16:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm saying he appealed to their interests during his campaign
I'm saying he didn't have to do much, and hasn't done much to get their votes.. Twice! I'm in shock that needed to be pointed out.

which explains why he was able to win their support and votes.
Not really, what exactly has he done for them?

At least women seem to be a little smarter, since they are not lining up behind Clinton simply because she is a woman.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-02-13 16:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Scalia has passed away. Cruz is already out there saying the next justice needs to be picked by the next President, not Obama.

This election has now reached ludicrous speed
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
Server: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-02-13 16:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »
Scalia has passed away. Cruz is already out there saying the next justice needs to be picked by the next President, not Obama.

So if Clinton or Sanders wins he'll be okay if they pick Obama, right?
[+]
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-02-13 16:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

For added fun, remember that while the GOP controls the Senate right now, there's a two week gap where the current President gets the new Senate. Senate races just got more interesting too.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-13 17:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omael said: »
So if Clinton or Sanders wins he'll be okay if they pick Obama, right?

Already been a black Justice. Plus he wants to rule the UN, ehh he could probably do both.. Screw it. Sanders for President, Obama for UN head AND SCOTUS Justice!!

/watches world burn.

By Altimaomega 2016-02-13 17:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

For added fun, remember that while the GOP controls the Senate right now, there's a two week gap where the current President gets the new Senate. Senate races just got more interesting too.

Like our government could do anything in two weeks.. Takes them that long to find their way to D.C., then they need to take a break!
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-13 17:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

This is going to be a cray cray year in politics.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-13 18:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Well thats very sad that a Supreme Court justice passed away, however it is going to be even more sad watching the conservatives *** and moan about how the current US President gets to select a new justice.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-13 18:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm saying he appealed to their interests during his campaign
I'm saying he didn't have to do much, and hasn't done much to get their votes.. Twice! I'm in shock that needed to be pointed out.

which explains why he was able to win their support and votes.
Not really, what exactly has he done for them?

At least women seem to be a little smarter, since they are not lining up behind Clinton simply because she is a woman.
So are you saying his black supporters (including non-Democrats) aren't intelligent? That they didn't examine his platform carefully and simply voted him cuz hey, cool black guy? I'm talking about his being elected, not accomplishments in office, and why, despite the diversity of Republican candidates, their numbers are ***with minorities, including their own demographics, when compared to Obama's.

Actually, I don't even need to clarify this with you, I know you think nothing of all Democrats or the choice of anyone to vote Democrat, and you don't deal well with having your worldview challenged or questioned.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-13 18:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it still Black History Month ...longest month ever !
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-13 19:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Congress needs to approve the presidents pick.

Checks and balances yo!

I betcha Obama had him killed.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-13 19:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Conservatives are already releasing statements complaining. Hilarious.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-02-13 20:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Conservatives are already releasing statements complaining. Hilarious.

Probably because his last appointment had no business being nominated and couldn't be less qualified. Kagan is a left wing political hack with zero judicial experience. She doesn't even recuse herself from cases that she was involved in litigating.

It's simple. The President should nominate someone that can pass with overwhelming support. Scalia passed 98-0.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-13 20:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

That has nothing to do with why they are complaining and you know it.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-13 20:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Insert endless Supreme Court discussion here.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-13 23:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So are you saying his black supporters (including non-Democrats) aren't intelligent?

I'm saying they can't name his running mate 99% of the time. I'm saying they couldn't tell you what the house and senate are even for. I'm saying they could name 5 celebrities but not 5 congressman. I'm saying they think the Government is something that gives them free stuff and they want more of it. I'm saying they don't care at all about the bill of rights. I could go on and on about things they don't know and don't care about. So you tell me are these people intelligent, are they voting because of Obamas policies and accomplishments?

I'm talking about his being elected, not accomplishments in office
Of coarse you are because he has no accomplishments! Unless you want to count doubling our debt and forcing people out of work with god knows how many new laws and regulations this administration has ushered in.

and why, despite the diversity of Republican candidates, their numbers are ***with minorities, including their own demographics, when compared to Obama's.
Most people don't give a ***others believe the system is broken and unfix-able. Pretty damn simple. Add that with an "historic event" and we get the past 7 years.

Actually, I don't even need to clarify this with you, I know you think nothing of all Democrats or the choice of anyone to vote Democrat,
You're correct, I cannot for the life of me understand why people want to give away their freedoms, liberty, and 50%+ of their income to the government.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-13 23:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Well thats very sad that a Supreme Court justice passed away, however it is going to be even more sad watching the conservatives *** and moan about how the current US President gets to select a new justice.

Took 3 months to get the last one Obama picked in and that was with a democrat held house and senate. I like how you use the word conservatives there..lol. This will most likely strengthen the Conservative movement within the Republican party because both Majority Leader MCconnell and Speaker Ryan are going to be taking the flack if they somehow manage to let an Obama pick slip through before his term is up.

Make no mistake, people everywhere are starting to understand the difference between a Conservative and a GOP Republican.

"Checks and balances", my ***. Our current congress hasn't worked a day in eight years.
Yeah they could barely pass the ACA with a Democrat held majority.

At this point, Obama can make a special "recess appointment" while congress is sitting in their offices masturbating to thoughts of President Bernie Sanders, and they wouldn't be able to do jack schit to stop him from doing it.
I kind of hope they don't(see above).. Although chances are pretty good that they can hold this off.

Any time the congress isn't doing what it's supposed to be doing, the president can go around them to achieve what needs to be done.
I doubt it matters to you that this is 100% wrong.
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-02-13 23:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

let an Obama pick slip through

He's the President. Nominating Supreme Court justices is his job, enshrined in the Constitution; announcing that it'll be blocked before they even know who it is is impossibly childish, and I hope it's met with the strongest possible rebuke. I don't have a dog in the fight either way, but I find it pretty telling that some of the crowd always going on about the letter of the Constitution are now going out of their way to impede one of the President's most vital duties spelled out in it.

Don't want Democratic Presidents nominating justices? Don't lose Presidential elections.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-14 00:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

let an Obama pick slip through

He's the President. Nominating Supreme Court justices is his job, enshrined in the Constitution; announcing that it'll be blocked before they even know who it is is impossibly childish, and I hope it's met with the strongest possible rebuke. I don't have a dog in the fight either way, but I find it pretty telling that some of the crowd always going on about the letter of the Constitution are now going out of their way to impede one of the President's most vital duties spelled out in it.

Don't want Democratic Presidents nominating justices? Don't lose Presidential elections.
Sadly, in current politics, not doing your job is standard. Don't like a bill? Leave it in limbo or waste everyone's time filibustering it. Don't like the president? Literally do nothing that could benefit him in any way out of spite. It's seen as standing your ground and being heroic instead of being childish.

Especially with something like this, a supreme court nomination is likely the most influential thing a president can do for social politics and has lasting ramifications for 30+ years after that president is gone. I read somewhere that basically every supreme court nominee has taken around 2-3 months to be confirmed or denied, it will be interesting if the GOP can stretch it out for 9 whole months.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-14 00:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

He's the President. Nominating Supreme Court justices is his job

It is also the job of our Congress. You know that thing that represents the people of the United States of America.. Who just so happen to be voted on as well... Our Framers were damn smart in not letting one branch have too much power alone. Sure the President has every right to nominate Mickey Mouse and our Congress has every right to deny it. This can go on until a new President or a new congress and even the next if they cannot compromise].

announcing that it'll be blocked before they even know who it is is impossibly childish, and I hope it's met with the strongest possible rebuke.
Given that his last pick was extremely controversial.. and arguably childish in its own right?

but I find it pretty telling that some of the crowd always going on about the letter of the Constitution are now going out of their way to impede one of the President's most vital duties spelled out in it.

Here is your letter of the Constitution.

Quote:
Article II, Section 2, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution
[The President] shall nominate, and, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

Don't was SCOTUS nominations being blocked by a Republican MAJORITY in congress, don't lose the MAJORITY of seats in the congress.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-14 00:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Sadly, in current politics, not doing your job is standard. Don't like a bill? Leave it in limbo or waste everyone's time filibustering it. Don't like the president? Literally do nothing that could benefit him in any way out of spite. It's seen as standing your ground and being heroic instead of being childish.

This is the way our government is intended to work! I don't understand why this is so hard to understand.. It is suppose to be hard to make laws that effect The People of The United States of America!

Especially with something like this, a supreme court nomination is likely the most influential thing a president can do for social politics and has lasting ramifications for 30+ years after that president is gone. I read somewhere that basically every supreme court nominee has taken around 2-3 months to be confirmed or denied, it will be interesting if the GOP can stretch it out for 9 whole months.
This is extremely Important, I'd go as far to say this is more important the the Presidential election. It will definitely have a major effect on it.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-14 00:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see a problem with them rejecting a candidate for legitimate reasons in a timely manner. Purposefully drawing it out though so that you are missing an entire judge for a year would just be beyond silly however. Both of them have a job to do and need to do it, forcing a super liberal or a super conservative through to *** the "other side" over is horrible. Choose a moderate, agree, done.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-14 00:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The House has nothing to do with SCOTUS confirmations, just sayin.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-14 00:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see a problem with them rejecting a candidate for legitimate reasons in a timely manner. Purposefully drawing it out though so that you are missing an entire judge for a year would just be beyond silly however. Both of them have a job to do and need to do it, forcing a super liberal or a super conservative through to *** the "other side" over is horrible. Choose a moderate, agree, done.

That is an option. It could totally happen. It isn't just congress that slows the process. Obama could pick someone they would approve or he could pick someone they would never approve and when they say no, he could do it again, and they would say no again.

It isn't just the President or just the congress being childish here. Both of them are.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-14 00:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The House has nothing to do with SCOTUS confirmations, just sayin.

I meant Congress. My bad. I'm not wrong and you know it.
First Page 2 3 ... 1262 1263 1264 ... 1375 1376 1377