Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1243 1244 1245 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-05 14:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't care to read long posts today ~.~
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-02-05 16:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

And that one is REALLY long.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-05 16:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I just don't care to read long posts today ~.~
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-05 18:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
And that one is REALLY long.

[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-05 21:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Too Lazy Didn't Read.

That's my post !
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-05 21:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I stole it! Mine now.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-06 05:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Was reading the news here and this title was too funny

"Moms support Clinton, but their daughters go with Sanders"

oh Bernie, you old scoundrel!
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-02-06 11:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ron Paul: Ted Cruz is no libertarian
Politico

(He doesn't think anyone else in the running is either.)
Quote:
Now that Rand Paul is out of the race for the White House his father Ron Paul, who ran in 2008 and 2012, isn't impressed by Ted Cruz's attempts to pick up the "free market" libertarian banner.

“You take a guy like Cruz, people are liking the Cruz — they think he’s for the free market, and [in reality] he’s owned by Goldman Sachs. I mean, he and Hillary have more in common than we would have with either Cruz or Trump or any of them so I just don’t think there is much picking,” Paul said of the Texas senator on Fox Business’ “Varney & Company" on Friday.

Surprisingly, the elder Paul seemed more attracted to the views of Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who is giving Hillary Clinton a run for her money in the Democratic primary.

“On occasion, Bernie comes up with libertarian views when he talks about taking away the cronyism on Wall Street, so in essence he’s right, and occasionally he voted against war,” the former Texas congressman said when asked if there was a candidate who was truly for the free market.

"It's hard to find anybody -- since Rand is out of it -- anybody that would take a libertarian position, hardcore libertarian position on privacy, on the war issue and on economic policy," Paul added.

“So I always say: You can search for a long time, but you’re not gonna find anybody in the Republican or Democratic primary that even comes slightly close to ever being able to claim themselves a libertarian,” he concluded.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-06 11:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This morning I saw a very nice car parked with several Bernie Sanders bumper stickers on it.
So I took the front tires, my buddy took the spark plugs and wires, some guy stopped by and took the rear passenger door and a lady came by and took the stereo.
It's ok though, we left a note letting him know that everybody there had a vote and decided that:
1) He had car stuff we didn't have and we decided that we had a right to them
2) He obviously has plenty of money and we don't
3) He wasn't driving the car, so he doesn't need it and probably has another car
4) That obviously, it wouldn't be right if we took the WHOLE car, so we decided it was ok if we only took 38.5% of it.
5) He still has most of his car; so we didn't steal it
6) He can obviously afford to fix it
We let him know that he should feel good about this, knowing things were more fair now.
We also let him know that we're all coming over for dinner next week and we expect him to teach us something useful while we're there - and we'll be bringing a cop with us to make sure he does.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-06 11:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm tired of Wall Street we need to talk about Main Street...

This just in Wall Street bought Main Street for three easy payments of $19.99 !
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-02-06 13:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

And speaking of wall street....

The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote
Lloyd Blankfein charges for investment advice — but his political wisdom is free

Matt Taibbi in The Rolling Stone.

He absolutely savages both wall street and Hillary. Its kinda long so no copypasta.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-06 19:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So, as the GOP debate is set to begin, the moderators read the candidates names in the wrong order, and they forgot to read Kasich. Good start ABC!
By Altimaomega 2016-02-08 07:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

By Altimaomega 2016-02-08 07:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Obama told Georgetown University students in a 2011 speech that “rising prices at the pump affect everybody – workers, farmers, truck drivers, restaurant owners, students who are lucky enough to have a car.”

“Businesses see rising prices at the pump hurt their bottom line,” Obama warned in 2011. “Families feel the pinch when they fill up their tank. And for Americans that are already struggling to get by, a hike in gas prices really makes their lives that much harder. It hurts.”

Quote:
In case you missed it, Obama just proposed raising the gas tax to what would amount to 136%.
By proposing a $10 per barrel tax on every barrel of oil produced in the U.S., Obama wants to add a 25 cent gas tax on every gallon of gas you purchase at the pump. He wants to use it to pay for his green transportation initiatives.
Considering federal gas tax is 18.4 cents a gallon currently, this would mean a whopping 136% increase. When state taxes are considered, we will be paying 70 cents in tax on every gallon of gas.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-08 09:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The above-quoted list of steps for "How to create a social state" is another example of a political attempt to tie the names of Saul Alinsky with those of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. But the list is not something taken from the actual writings of Saul Alinsky, nor does it even sound like something he would have written (e.g., the line about "controlling health care" is anachronistic for his era, and the idea of "increasing the poverty level as high as possible" is the very antithesis of what Alinsky worked to achieve). This list is simply a modern variant of the decades-old, apocryphal Communist Rules for Revolution piece that was originally passed along without attribution until Alinsky's name became attached to it (presumably because someone out there thought it sounded like something Alinsky might have written).
http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/alinsky.asp

More of that trademark "critical thinking" lol
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-08 10:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
fonewear said: »
I'm tired of Wall Street we need to talk about Main Street...

This just in Wall Street bought Main Street for three easy payments of $19.99 !
Act now, and we'll throw in a ShamWow!, absolutely free!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-08 10:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Quote:
The above-quoted list of steps for "How to create a social state" is another example of a political attempt to tie the names of Saul Alinsky with those of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. But the list is not something taken from the actual writings of Saul Alinsky, nor does it even sound like something he would have written (e.g., the line about "controlling health care" is anachronistic for his era, and the idea of "increasing the poverty level as high as possible" is the very antithesis of what Alinsky worked to achieve). This list is simply a modern variant of the decades-old, apocryphal Communist Rules for Revolution piece that was originally passed along without attribution until Alinsky's name became attached to it (presumably because someone out there thought it sounded like something Alinsky might have written).

Strange, his tactical list isn't much better:

Quote:
Always remember the first rule of power tactics: Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.

The second rule is: Never go outside the experience of your people. When an action is outside the experience of the people, the result is confusion, fear, and retreat.

The third rule is: Wherever possible go outside the experience of the enemy. Here you want to cause confusion, fear, and retreat.

The fourth rule is: Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity.

The fourth rule carries within it the fifth rule: Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counterattack ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, who then react to your advantage.

The sixth rule is: A good tactic is one that your people enjoy. If your people are not having a ball doing it, there is something very wrong with the tactic.

The seventh rule: A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag. Man can sustain militant interest in any issue for only a limited time, after which it becomes a ritualistic commitment, like going to church on Sunday mornings.

The eighth rule: Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.

The ninth rule: The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.

The tenth rule: The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition. It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.

The eleventh rule is: If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside; this is based on the principle that every positive has its negative.

The twelfth rule: The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative. You cannot risk being trapped by the enemy in his sudden agreement with your demand and saying "You're right — we don't know what to do about this issue. Now you tell us."

The thirteenth rule: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.

Actually, it's just as bad as Altmia's list. Let me ask you, do you consider everyone who doesn't agree with you an "enemy"?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-08 10:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

No. Any other questions?
 Bahamut.Omael
Server: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-02-08 10:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

No. Any other questions?

If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-08 10:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

No. Any other questions?
Do you agree with Alinsky's thinking?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-08 11:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-02-08 11:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I missed the GOP debate whilst getting intoxicated watching 'cops'. I'm bummed.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-08 11:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
No. Any other questions?
I don't know enough about his philosophy to answer that.
Bahamut.Omael said: »
If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?
This one
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-08 11:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
I missed the GOP debate whilst getting intoxicated watching 'cops'. I'm bummed.

Ted Cruz is falling apart on immigration and foreign policy/military matters, tho I will give them all a break because they were asked a question about North Korea's space launch as it was happening and there is no way any of them could have provided a good answer, even tho Rubio tried and flubbed it. Rubio took a lot of hits in general. No winners, so Trump won.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-08 12:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

No. Any other questions?
I don't know enough about his philosophy to answer that.
Thank you for the honest answer.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-08 12:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

You act like it matters who said it or where it comes from. Take away the name and the end result is still the same. Do you truly believe none of those things are actually happening?

Actually, it's just as bad as Altmia's list. Let me ask you, do you consider everyone who doesn't agree with you an "enemy"?

Why is the list bad?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-08 12:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

America as world leader should be working to give North Korea back to the South Koreans. We've sat around long enough, letting Kim Jong Un brutalize his people and threaten us with wanton provocations. He goes as far as to threaten Americans with nuclear annihilation as Washington bureaucrats sit idly as he stockpiles more weapons.

As the most powerful nation on Earth, it's our duty to finish what we started and bring democracy to the people of North Korea. Kim, I'm putting you on watch. If elected as President, your days would be numbered. Your defeat would be swift and resounding.

There. Can I be President yet?
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-08 12:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
There. Can I be President yet?
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Your defeat would be swift and resounding.
First Page 2 3 ... 1243 1244 1245 ... 1375 1376 1377