Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1016 1017 1018 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-08 12:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Breaking: McCarthy drops out of Speaker race

Nobody seems to know what is going on in the House anymore, my prediction: Boehner stays on as speaker through the end of this Congress.

Don't sound too disappointed Vic.
By Ramyrez 2015-10-08 12:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Less boring politics, more middle school celeb crush talk. kthx.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-10-08 12:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody seems to know what is going on in the House anymore, my prediction: Boehner stays on as speaker through the end of this Congress.
Personally I kinda hope he goes out on schedule without a replacement picked.

And what is happening in the house, the GOP is busy proving they can't govern themselves, let alone the country.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-08 12:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

And what is happening in the house, the GOP is busy proving they can't govern themselves, let alone the country.
And what do you think the liberals/democrats are doing? Saving the world?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-10-08 12:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Oh **** no. /laugh
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-10-08 12:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

at least they aren't just taking turns kicking each other in the balls....

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-10-08 12:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if this has anything to do with why McCarthy dropped out?

*** Cheney to endorse Kevin McCarthy

Politico 09:36 PM EDT

The timing is certainly spot on.

Politico posted the drop out story at 12:28 PM EDT.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-10-08 13:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't sound too disappointed Vic.

Gotta make sure we raise that debt ceiling and cave in to obama's wishes.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-10-08 14:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Hello Kitty
Probably the worst thing she's ever done. When she says random japanese words it just makes me want to cover my face and ask why repeatedly.

Drugs.
Really the thing I find most disturbing about the video are the Asian backup "dancers."
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-08 14:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

In backstabbing news:

Clinton joins Democrats against Pacific trade deal

Quote:
Hillary Rodham Clinton has joined her Democratic presidential rivals in opposing President Barack Obama's Pacific trade deal, delivering a major blow to a Democratic president as she works to court her party's liberal base.

The now-united opposition from the Democratic presidential field leaves Obama in the uncomfortable position of watching a Democratic presidential debate next week in which none of the major candidates is willing to defend a deal that the White House sees as a key piece of his presidential legacy. The Trans-Pacific Partnership trade accord has enraged the labor unions, environmentalists and other liberal constituencies whose support is crucial in the Democratic primary contest.

Yet Clinton's position marks a sharp reversal from a deal she backed as the Obama administration's top diplomat as she works to appeal to skeptical liberals.

"I appreciate the hard work that President Obama and his team put into this process and recognize the strides they made," Clinton said in a statement. "But the bar here is very high and, based on what I have seen, I don't believe this agreement has met it."

Clinton promoted the deal in dozens of appearances as secretary of state during Obama's first term in office — a turnaround that was not lost on her primary opponents.

"Secretary Clinton can justify her own reversal of opinion on this but I can tell you that I didn't have one opinion eight months ago and then switch that opinion on the eve of debates," said Clinton's presidential rival, former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley.

Clinton's support for trade deals has seemed to fluctuate with the political calendar.

As first lady, she trumpeted the North American deal brokered by her husband, telling unionized garment workers in 1996 that the agreement was "proving its worth."

Her support for trade pacts began softening during her time as a New York senator, when she voted for trade agreements with Chile, Singapore, Oman, and Morocco but opposed the Central American Free Trade Agreement.

In a November 2007 presidential debate, Clinton described the North American agreement, with Canada and Mexico, as "a mistake" and called for a "trade timeout."

In that vein, she said she opposed then-pending trade agreements with Korea, Columbia, and Panama. But fast-forward to July 2011 when, as secretary of state, she described those three deals as "critical to our economic recovery."

She also repeatedly lent her support to the Pacific trade initiative being pushed by Obama, at that time, describing the deal during a 2012 trip to Australia as the "gold standard in trade agreements."

Clinton aides know she must tread lightly when it comes to criticizing Obama, given that much of her strategy relies on the still-loyal coalition of African-Americans, Latinos, women and younger voters that twice elected Obama. But at the same time, they say she must find ways to distinguish herself — and undercut Republican attacks that Clinton would simply provide a third Obama term.

But the White House doesn't deny that Clinton's new distance has sometimes created awkwardness for the president. The Clinton campaign gave White House aides a heads up Wednesday before she made the comments, according to a White House official who would not be named discussing the private conversation.

I would have figured that Clinton and the other liberal/democrats would have blindly followed whatever their savior wanted. Instead, they are blindly following whatever their donors want.

Go figure.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-10-08 14:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

In backstabbing news:
I would have figured that Clinton and the other liberal/democrats would have blindly followed whatever their savior wanted. Instead, they are blindly following whatever their donors want.

Go figure.
Hardly.

Their donors want this deal. For one thing it would allow businesses to sue governments over laws that are perceived as harming profitability.

Their voters don't.

Imagine that, politicians actually listening to voters rather than donors.

Ah well, its campaign season, things will go back to normal right after inauguration day.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-08 14:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

In backstabbing news:

Go figure.
Hardly.

Their donors want this deal. For one thing it would allow businesses to sue governments over laws that are perceived as harming profitability.

Their voters don't.

Ah well, its campaign season, things will go back to normal right after inauguration day.
You mean to tell us that unions, environmentalists, and anti-capitalists want this deal?

You do realize that they are the biggest donors to the liberal/democrat campaigns, right?

You just want to separate the liberal/democrats from doing exactly what every politician does (which is that they only listen to those who have the money) and only attribute Republicans as those who only listen to the money.
By Ramyrez 2015-10-08 14:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

In backstabbing news:

Go figure.
Hardly.

Their voters don't.

It's just the primaries anyway. Everyone gets all hopped up on ideology and caters to the crazies in their party.

Come the primary everyone seeks middle and to please the big money.
By Ramyrez 2015-10-08 14:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

In backstabbing news:

Go figure.
Hardly.

Their voters don't.

You mean to tell us that unions, environmentalists, and anti-capitalists want this deal?

You do realize that they are the biggest donors to the liberal/democrat campaigns, right?

You just want to separate the liberal/democrats from doing exactly what every politician does (which is that they only listen to those who have the money) and only attribute Republicans as those who only listen to the money.

While you're right in principle, let's not forget Hilldawg is probably trying to get funding from those people with this. Keep in mind Sanders is the one with his top donors being unions and the like. Hilldy's corporate sponsored, just like most of the rest.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-08 14:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Hilldy's corporate sponsored, just like the rest.
ftfy
By Ramyrez 2015-10-08 14:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pessimistically speaking, probably accurate.

I was just holding out hope one or two of them might be, if not free of that, free of the puppet strings that come with it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-08 14:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Walker probably would have, he was the one who struck me as more of a leader and less of a puppet than the rest.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-10-08 17:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Was a few days ago but ISIS destroyed this in Palmyra

Quote:
The Great Colonnade at Palmyra was the main colonnaded avenue in the ancient city of Palmyra in the Syrian Desert. The colonnade was built in several stages during the second and third century CE and stretched for more than a kilometer. It linked the Temple of Bel, in the southeastern end of the city, to the West Gate and the Funerary Temple in the northwestern part.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-08 17:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It's so sad, that's the history of civilization, not just their own.
By Aeyela 2015-10-08 17:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
It's so sad, that's the history of civilization, not just their own.

And most people I speak to don't seem to give a *** these historical ruins are being systematically destroyed. Perhaps attitudes would be different if there was Oil underneath them.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-10-08 17:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, the ruins would just be destroyed to make way for the oil drilling.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-08 17:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello Kitty
YouTube Video Placeholder

I remember white people being offended by this video for Japanese people.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-08 17:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You aren't supposed to agree with everything as a party! There would only ever be just two possible opinions on everything in America. It makes Democrats absolutely terrifying the way they all shed their individuality and become party drones or zombies, agreeing on absolutely every issue.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-10-08 17:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

You aren't supposed to agree with everything as a party! There would only ever be just two possible opinions on everything in America. It makes Democrats absolutely terrifying the way they all shed their individuality and become party drones or zombies, agreeing on absolutely every issue.
HAHAHA!! Good one!
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-08 18:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Less religion, racism, sexism, homophobia, etc in the democratic party compared to the republicans to muddy the waters, but sure.

Not like either party is great anyway, but one clearly is worse than the other at being worse.

Oh the Democrats and their Plantation politics.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-10-08 18:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hardly.

Their voters don't.

You do realize that they are the biggest donors to the liberal/democrat campaigns, right? ...
Ramyrez said: »
Hilldy's corporate sponsored, just like the rest.
ftfy
The union members, environmentalists, and anti-capitalists are the voters.

The corporations are the donors.

EVEN YOU KNOW THIS.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-10-08 18:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Walker probably would have, he was the one who struck me as more of a leader and less of a puppet than the rest.
Walker is a wholly owned subsidiary of Koch enterprises.

Or was until he became anti immigration. They cut him off cold over that.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-10-08 18:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Was a few days ago but ISIS destroyed this in Palmyra

Yeah. I *** hate ISIS as much as I've hated anything, ever.

There are *** literally EVERYTHING that can be wrong with the human race.
First Page 2 3 ... 1016 1017 1018 ... 1375 1376 1377