Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 897 898 899 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-09-01 11:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

SD (Sweden Democrats, basically nazis and racists (there's ample proof)) over here have had a huge rise in popularity by using the Romanian beggars and immigrant violence

It's a bit scary that they're the third largest party now when we all know they're terrible human beings
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-01 11:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
SD (Sweden Democrats, basically nazis and racists (there's ample proof)) over here have had a huge rise in popularity by using the Romanian beggars and immigrant violence

It's a bit scary that they're the third largest party now when we all know they're terrible human beings

Swedish politics? Hey, why not. It's a good change of pace. To the researchmobile!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 11:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me guess, they offer easy answers to life's little problems?

I wish there was a way we could all learn from past mistakes, but as you get more people together, the more idiotic decisions tend to be made....
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-09-01 11:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't familiar with this party until now. I'm curious why they call themselves "Swedish Democrats" but describe themselves as "conservative". I know the spectrum is shifted pretty far left over there, but it's a strange way to brand your group.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-01 11:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

I wasn't familiar with this party until now. I'm curious why they call themselves "Swedish Democrats" but describe themselves as "conservative". I know the spectrum is shifted pretty far left over there, but it's a strange way to brand your group.

There are a lot of countries where "Democrats" lean conservative. It doesn't have a universal meaning.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-01 11:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

I wish there was a way we could all learn from past mistakes, but as you get more people together, the more idiotic decisions tend to be made....

Sounds like Trump's im going to find all the illegals, make Mexico pay for the fence, invade and capture ISIS oil fields for revenue and end gang violence in the US.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-09-01 11:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

There are a lot of countries where "Democrats" lean conservative. It doesn't have a universal meaning.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at, before the predictable comparisons are made.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-09-01 11:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
In November 2012, videos recorded in August 2010 were released in chunks over three days by Swedish newspaper Expressen (who, a year earlier, had released the same videos but without managing to create a scandal). This became known as the Iron pipe scandal. However, all of the videos in their entirety had been released on YouTube by Erik Almqvist back in 2010. The videos, recorded by MP Kent Ekeroth, and featuring him and fellow Sweden Democrats Erik Almqvist (MP) and Christian Westling, showed Almqvist arguing with comedian Soran Ismail. Almqvist was thereafter referring to Sweden as "my country, not your country" as an insult at Ismail. They were also shown arguing with a drunken man. A woman was also seen approaching Kent Ekeroth while filming, he then called her a *** and pushed her out of the way. A few minutes later they are seen picking up iron bars. Only a month after party leader Åkesson had instated a zero-tolerance policy towards racism in the party, the video caused Almqvist to leave his position as the party's economic policy spokesperson and his place in the executive committee on November 14. He excused himself as having been under a lot of pressure and threats of violence at the time. As more of the video was released revealing the other two men's involvement, the party announced on November 15 that Ekeroth would take a break from his position as the party's justice policy spokesman. Almqvist and Ekeroth both took time off from their parliament seats. Sweden Democratic Youth president Gustav Kasselstrand and vice president William Hahne criticized the decision to remove Almqvist and Ekeroth in an op-ed in Dagens Nyheter, arguing that the party should not give in to media pressure.

Quote:
In an interview for Dagens Nyheter, Second Deputy Speaker of the Riksdag and then-party secretary Björn Söder elaborated on the SD party programme with respect to its views on national identity by saying that he personally did not think people with dual national identities in Sweden would not necessarily identify themselves as Swedish. Although an immigrant of any ethnic background in theory can become a Swedish citizen, they would have to adapt and be assimilated in order to be considered Swedish in the cultural sense. Björn Söder stated that the officialy recognized Swedish minority peoples (e.g. Sami, Tornedalians and Jews) in many cases have dual cultural identities and that they probably would be proud of both heritages. It was widely interpreted that Söder had stated in the interview that Jews cannot be Swedish unless they abandon their Jewish identity.[84][85] Söder's comments were understood to be anti-semitic and caused Swedish parliamentary groups and party leaders to call for Björn Söder's resignation. The Simon Wiesenthal Center listed the statement as number six on their list of the top ten most anti-semitic events of 2014. Söder responded to the allegations of anti-semitism with a column of his own that appeared in The Jerusalem Post on January 5 2015, writing in part, "In a biased article in one of Sweden’s largest newspapers, Dagens Nyheter, some of my statements were dramatically taken out of context to erroneously credit me with opinions that do not correspond with reality. Politically biased journalists and political opponents have further distorted the statements, resulting in a presentation virtually the complete opposite of my actual statements and opinions. This is now distributed in the international press, such as in the Post, which therefore necessitates a clarification on my part."

Quote:

The Sweden Democrats advocate a cultural policy that would strip funding for multicultural initiatives and strengthen support for traditional Swedish culture. This agenda has often manifest in opposition to state funding of immigrant cultural organizations and festivals, and support for traditional Swedish craft, folk music, and folk dance groups. The party also tends to oppose state-support for cultural initiatives deemed provocative or elitist. A 2014 letter signed by 52 Swedish anthropologists, including Ronald Stade, critiziced the Sweden Democrats use of the terms "culture" (kultur) and "anthropology" (antropologi) claiming their views on culture was "essentialist and obsolete", saying that culture is "dynamic" and "in constant change".

Just copied crap off wiki but I'm sure you can tell what kinda people they are

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-09-01 11:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Sounds like Trump's im going to find all the illegals, make Mexico pay for the fence, invade and capture ISIS oil fields for revenue and end gang violence in the US.

Jorge Ramos estimated it to cost $137 billion dollars to deport all the illegals. I guess Mexico is paying for that too.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-09-01 11:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Not saying we shouldn't take in less people (Norway, Finland, Denmark should accept more instead) but these people hate immigrants, not the amount of them

I do find the Romanian beggars very annoying though and they have to find a solution to it. Voting SD is not a solution though
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-09-01 11:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »

Jorge Ramos estimated it to cost $137 billion dollars to deport all the illegals. I guess Mexico is paying for that too.

I don't imagine anything short of the threat of open war would get Mexico's corrupt government to pay for anything.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-01 11:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You can name your party whatever, rules are for squares.

We're the Libertarian Greens with our platform of extreme nationalism, brutal racism and pro-capitalist, pro-cronyism agenda.

Because you can't spell green without white power.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-09-01 11:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah, these morons are stupid enough to film themselves doing this stuff
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 11:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Why did you have to twist this into a Trump talking point?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-01 11:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Planned Parenthood?

Oh sorry, wrong topic.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-09-01 11:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Because you were trying to make a jibe about democrats in the US, so he referenced someone who is offering the same answers the Swedish Democrats are. I thought it was pretty funny.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-09-01 11:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't imagine anything short of the threat of open war would get Mexico's corrupt government to pay for anything.

At the cost of the falling of the US economy? Illegal immigrants drive a huge chunk of the US businesses. Can you imagine how hard hospitality, construction, landscaping, and agriculture industries would be hit in the US if we just deported 11-30(Ann Coulter figure is 30 million) million illegal residents?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-09-01 11:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Planned Parenthood?

Oh sorry, wrong topic.

Slightly off topic, but have you seen the comparisons between the full length video and the edited one that everyone was outraged about?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-09-01 11:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

At the cost of the falling of the US economy? Illegal immigrants drive a huge chunk of the US businesses. Can you imagine how hard hospitality, construction, landscaping, and agriculture industries would be hit in the US if we just deported 11-30(Ann Coulter figure is 30 million) million illegal residents?

Most definitely. I'm not very concerned about that, though, even if Trump wins. What he's promising basically cannot be delivered.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-01 11:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Because the rise of these types of platforms is rooted in a general downturn in perceived prospects in the West. In the US, you've seen an uptick in sovereign citizens, anti-government worship and lashback at illegals because the overall feeling is America is stalled/failing. "Make America Great Again" sums it up. The push for a Bernie Sanders is likewise rooted in the idea that America needs a huge change to correct for a 'problem'. That problem is whatever most affects your bottom line.

The same thing gives rise to the hardcore right-wing or hardcore left-wing parties in Europe. The migrants flooding in from Syria/ME are seen as threats to shrinking resources in Europe and in turn the European way of life.

When people feel things are going poorly, they overcompensate politically.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-09-01 11:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Most definitely. I'm not very concerned about that, though, even if Trump wins. What he's promising basically cannot be delivered.

Trump isn't that stupid, I think. He's just pandering to a fringe of the GOP.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-01 11:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Trail of Tears II: Hispanic Boogaloo
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-09-01 11:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump isn't that stupid, I think. He's just pandering to a fringe of the GOP.

I wouldn't call him stupid, but I think he's underestimating the damage he's doing his potential general election support.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-01 11:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Because you were trying to make a jibe about democrats in the US, so he referenced someone who is offering the same answers the Swedish Democrats are. I thought it was pretty funny.
Actually, I wasn't. And I thought it was pretty obvious that I wasn't.

You do realize that most groups who come to power (be they liberal or conservative) do so by offering easy answers to life's little problems....maybe not, I feel that history escapes you.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-09-01 12:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, I wasn't. And I thought it was pretty obvious that I wasn't.

You do realize that most groups who come to power (be they liberal or conservative) do so by offering easy answers to life's little problems....maybe not, I feel that history escapes you.

Whatever you say, bubba.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-01 12:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

All of those will become hardworking AMERICAN jobs. My waiter will be AMERICAN. Those crops will be picked by AMERICANS. Those steel beams will be hoisted into place by AMERICANS, that day care will be run by AMERICANS, that hedge will be trimmed by AMERICANS, that parking lot will be stocked by AMERICANS.

You ready for the revival of AMERICA??
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 897 898 899 ... 1375 1376 1377