Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 501 502 503 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2015-04-21 10:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Just when I thought I heard some stupid nonsense, I read that article about free-range parenting. I'm like wtf is this? Read the article, wtf? Umm, wtf?

I thought it was going to be about some hippies who their kids roam free in the backyard naked eating dirt.

That is how you raise a truly organic child !
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-04-21 10:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I always wanted someone to tell a Grizzly to its face that you have "dominion" over it and that "its property".

And then I want to hear the agonizing screams.

Timothy Treadwell tried to tell bears they were his friends...

you can hear the bear breaking open his skull with his teeth on the audio tape...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-21 10:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
I find it absolutely crazy that we live in a culture where crime is at one of (if not ever) the lowest levels since civilization started, and I'm surrounded by people who think there's a rapist/murderer around every corner.

Like how "free-range parenting*" is a crime!

*it was just called "parenting" when I was a child; "parenting" today is what was called "helicopter parenting, aka: turning your child into a helpless, spoiled mama's boy".

You joke about "spoiled mama's boy", but I'm pretty sure parents are doing a huge disservice and handicap to their children by teaching them the world is so unnecessarily dangerous when it isn't.

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
Of course, this does go both ways. All the people insisting on their open carry for "safety" are just as bad.

Welp there goes my hope for pulling you back from the ledge.
I assume you think conceal and carry laws are a bad idea because "people are so dangeous" or "there's a bunch of whackos out there"?
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 10:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
So if I read that info graphic correctly about 1 in 4 women will be raped !

While rape is underreported and too many people (including police and, incidentally, victims) still treat it too lightly -- especially date rape -- it's still safe to say that paranoia about it rides disproportionately higher than the actual chances of it happening.
By fonewear 2015-04-21 10:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Date rape you mean just dating ? Cause to a feminist they can't tell the difference.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-21 10:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I always wanted someone to tell a Grizzly to its face that you have "dominion" over it and that "its property".

you can hear the bear breaking open his skull with his teeth on the audio tape...

YouTube Video Placeholder

Because we all wanted to hear the audio of a man dying!
By fonewear 2015-04-21 10:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

See if he was a real man he would have wrestled that bear !
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-21 10:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

All crimes are under reported. But that's irrelevant to the issue. All reported crimes have plummeted. Isn't it logical to assume unreported crime has as well?
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 10:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You joke about "spoiled mama's boy", but I'm pretty sure parents are doing a huge disservice and handicap to their children by teaching them the world is so unnecessarily dangerous when it isn't.

I'm not kidding in the slightest. We're both right in this instance. Teaching kids paranoia at a young age like that, and we're surprised when anxiety diagnoses are through the roof?

And they are spoiled mama's boys a lot of the time. I know so many women who do everything for their kids, excuse them of all bad behavior...and they grow into *** who can't do anything for themselves and get upset when women don't wait on them hand and foot like their mother did.

Welp there goes my hope for pulling you back from the ledge. I assume you think conceal and carry laws are a bad idea because "people are so dangeous" or "there's a bunch of whackos out there"?

I think open carry is entirely unnecessary, especially when you're hauling around a rifle gussied up to look like an assault rifle (even though it's not really one, which is an important distinction). I think that's less about personal protection than it is about trying to intimidate, and those people are whackos.

Concealed carry of a small firearm for the unlikely-yet-possible event of being needed for personal protection is a bit more sensible.
By fonewear 2015-04-21 10:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

80% of the time 100% of rapes are unreported ! See how easy that is !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-21 10:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like Congress is finally going to say no to human trafficking.

Quote:
Senate leaders announced a deal Tuesday to move forward on a stalled human trafficking bill, clearing the way for a vote on President Barack Obama's attorney general nominee within days.

The deal unveiled on the Senate floor aimed to solve a dispute over abortion that had stalled the once-popular trafficking bill for weeks. Attorney General-designate Loretta Lynch was caught in the crossfire, infuriating Democrats, because Republican leaders decided to hold off on her confirmation vote until the trafficking bill was resolved.

"I'm glad we can say there is a bipartisan proposal that will allow us to complete action on this important legislation so we can provide help to the victims who desperately need it," said Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky. He said he anticipated a vote on Lynch, who will become the nation's first black female attorney general, "in the next day or so."

"Let's get out of this quickly," said Democratic Leader Harry Reid. "Let's get Loretta Lynch confirmed."

Lynch was nominated last fall and Democrats have become increasingly agitated about the delays in confirming her to replace Eric Holder, even though they controlled the Senate for part of that time and failed to call her nomination up for a vote. Obama on Friday called the delays "embarrassing."

The trafficking deal aims to address Democratic concerns that the legislation would expand existing prohibitions on spending federal funds for abortions. The legislation envisions a new victims fund made up of fees paid by sex criminals, and Democrats asserted that applying abortion spending prohibitions to that new source of non-taxpayer funds was an expansion they could not accept.

Republicans had to be satisfied that abortion spending prohibitions were not curtailed.

The final language, agreed to by Sens. John Cornyn, R-Texas, Patty Murray, D-Wash., and Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., solves the problem by establishing two sources of money for the new victims' fund. Money collected from the fines assessed on criminal perpetrators would be used for services such as legal aid, but not health or medical services, and therefore language on abortion would not be relevant. Money already appropriated by Congress for Community Health Centers — and already subject to abortion spending restrictions — would be available for health and medical services.
Trafficking deal clears path for attorney general vote
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 10:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Date rape you mean just dating ? Cause to a feminist they can't tell the difference.

Ironically, neither side can tell the difference. Which is a huge part of the problem. ^^; Hardcore feminists think if you've got a penis, you're wrong, and if you've got a penis and you're having sex with a woman, it's clearly rape.

Meanwhile you've still got a large, brutish element of society that thinks as long as you didn't have to smack her around first, it's not rape.

All crimes are under reported. But that's irrelevant to the issue. All reported crimes have plummeted. Isn't it logical to assume unreported crime has as well?

I'm basically agreeing with you, a few niggles aside. Chalk those up to my "white knighting", as I'm sure at least some people think it is I'm doing.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 10:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

80% of the time 100% of rapes are unreported ! See how easy that is !

I see how easy your mom is.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-21 10:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

No reason to fear the gun, only the gun owner and there isn't much reason to fear them at all (the subject at hand).
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-04-21 10:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

now... just hunch your shoulders forward a little bit more and wring your hands together and muhahaha! a couple times.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-04-21 10:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Not even on the level of Jebediah Springfield.
By fonewear 2015-04-21 10:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll have you know raping and pillaging when out of style years ago !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-21 10:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lies!
By fonewear 2015-04-21 10:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lies!

I guess there are some vikings left in Europe !
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 10:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lies!

I guess there are some vikings left in Europe !

Raping did.

But pillaging, plundering, and sacking is still TOTALLY in style.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-21 10:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure when I read over the Boko Haram mission statement they were committed to providing the highest quality raping and pillaging this side of the 21st century.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-21 10:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure when I read over the Boko Haram mission statement they were committed to providing the highest quality raping and pillaging this side of the 21st century.

So is that organic raping with no pesticides used ? Whole foods style ?
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 10:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

No reason to fear the gun, only the gun owner and there isn't much reason to fear them at all (the subject at hand).

Like I said. It's just the "open carry of apparent assault weapons" folks. I personally don't fear them, because I think they're just reactionary, under-educated rednecks who think their rights are being trampled when they're not, so they push back too hard.

But it is a bit of a heavy-handed intimidation tactic, that is successful when it comes to many people. Hence the topic at hand.

Whatever, like I said. One way or another I agree with you on the topic, just with a few little bits that really aren't worth arguing about at length.

Edit: that is to say, I don't actually have anything against carry laws, just the judgment and mindset of some people who exercise their rights under those laws. But I don't think most of them are homicidal maniacs, either.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 10:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironic for a group of scumbags living like a people that would have been considered savages even in the eigth century.
By fonewear 2015-04-21 10:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

We have a saying for crimes that happen in Africa... let the Africans deal with it !
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 10:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

We have a saying for crimes that happen in Africa... let the Africans deal with it !

How delightfully Monroe Doctrine'ish of you.

Doesn't really work well in the 21st century. :p
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-04-21 10:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

We have a saying for crimes that happen in Africa... let the french deal with it !

our policy has been updated, please see the above changes.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-21 10:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So what I want to know is will these second amendment nuts be OK if I start a campaign to arm every black person in America?

Because obviously law enforcement has become corrupt and the only means is to strap a rifle to my chest and remind the boys in blue that they go down in 1-2 shots like the rest of us.

I'm willing to partner up with the NRA if they grease my wheels.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-04-21 10:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

We have a saying for crimes that happen in Africa... let the french deal with it !

Well if history is a barometer, last time we let the French deal with something the US had to step in and play policeman so it could claim it wasn't getting into a land war in Asia.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-21 10:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Well if history is a barometer, last time we let the French deal with something the US had to step in and play policeman so it could claim it wasn't getting into a land war in Asia.
And created a lot of anti-America rhetoric for other nations to play on.

Like there wasn't a lot of reasons to hate America already either.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 501 502 503 ... 1375 1376 1377