Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 499 500 501 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-16 16:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Running scared? lmao!

If I have 18 months of parking in handicap spaces, lying about her grandparent's immigration status, and awkward head nodding whilst trying to pretend to be interested in what voters have to say, and other such nonsense, I'll be in heaven.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-16 16:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Running scared? lmao!

If I have 18 months of parking in handicap spaces, lying about her grandparent's immigration status, and awkward head nodding whilst trying to pretend to be interested in what voters have to say, and other such nonsense, I'll be in heaven.

If we want true equality in parking handicap people shouldn't get special treatment !

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2015-04-16 16:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So we strive for a world filled with equality unless you are a minority handicapped or a woman !
 Asura.Ivlilla
Server: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-16 16:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I long for a world where misleading statistics are not used by people in power to fool the electorate into continuing to grant them power.

I long for a lot of other things, too. Leaves start to grow on trees, the air starts to warm, birds chirp. It's spring, and it's time to invade Poland.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-16 16:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
I long for a world where misleading statistics are not used by people in power to fool the electorate into continuing to grant them power.

I long for a lot of other things, too. Leaves start to grow on trees, the air starts to warm, birds chirp. It's spring, and it's time to invade Poland.

A new challenger appears !
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-16 16:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Asura.Ivlilla said: »

A new challenger appears !

Look, you wouldn't shame birds for migrating, or beavers for building dams. Invading Poland is instinctive behavior for me.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-04-16 16:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Springtime for Hitler~!
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-16 17:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Look at Poland, having the gall to sit there all smug and not-invaded and stuff. Speaking of Gaul, I think "oui" know what the next target would be.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-16 17:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Look at Poland, having the gall to sit there all smug and not-invaded and stuff. Speaking of Gaul, I think "oui" know what the next target would be.

Gallia est omnis divisa in partes tres, puer.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-16 17:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-16 18:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sic, ita vera
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-17 02:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
There are no winners in P&R, you should know that by now.
I want to agree, but I sense a winner somewhere, counting all their money and laughing at everyone else.

In other news:

Quote:
The board of the Clinton Foundation said Wednesday night that it will continue accepting donations from foreign governments, but only from six nations, a move that appears aimed at insulating Hillary Rodham Clinton from controversies over the charity's reliance on millions of dollars from abroad as she ramps up her presidential campaign.

Clinton, who resigned from the foundation's board last week, has faced mounting criticism over the charity's ties to foreign governments. Her campaign for the Democratic nomination referred questions about the board's decision to the foundation.

The board of the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation said that future donations will only be allowed from the governments of Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway and the United Kingdom — all nations that previously supported the charity's health, poverty and climate change programs.

While direct contributions from other governments would be halted, those nations could continue some participation in the Clinton Global Initiative, a subsidiary program that encourages donors to match contributions from others to tackle international problems without direct donations to the charity. But the foundation will stop holding CGI meetings abroad after a final session scheduled for Morocco in May. And most foreign governments will no longer be allowed to sponsor programs.

The foundation also will begin disclosing its donors every quarter instead of annually — an answer to long-standing criticism that the foundation's once-a-year lists made it difficult to view shifts and trends in the charity's funding. Former President Bill Clinton and other foundation officials have long defended the charity's transparency, but the new move signaled sensitivity to those concerns, particularly as his wife begins her race for the White House.

Last month, while she was still a foundation board member, Hillary Clinton defended the family charity to questions about its reliance on donations from foreign governments, saying the foundation had "hundreds of thousands of donors."

An Associated Press analysis of Clinton Foundation donations between 2001 and 2015 showed governments and agencies from 16 nations previously gave direct grants of between $55 million and $130 million. Those governments include the six nations that will be allowed to continue donating. The remaining 10 are Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, the United Arab Emirates, Algeria, Kuwait, Italy, Brunei, Taiwan and the Dominican Republic.

Foundation spokesman Craig Minassian said that under the new disclosure policy, "the Clinton Foundation is reinforcing its commitment to accountability while protecting programs that are improving the lives of millions of people around the world." But he also insisted that the old annual disclosure policy went "above and beyond what's required by voluntarily disclosing our more than 300,000 donors on our website for anyone to see."

Hillary Clinton had previously agreed with the Obama administration to limit new foreign donations to the foundation while she served as secretary of state, but at least six nations that previously contributed still donated to the charity during her four-year stint. In one case, the foundation failed to notify the State Department about a donation from the government of Algeria.

The foundation's board began discussions over the past two days about altering some of the charity's procedures in an effort that officials said was aimed at improving transparency without harming fundraising for critical programs. The board's decisions were first reported Wednesday night by The Wall Street Journal.

Clinton Foundation officials had hinted in recent weeks that the organization was considering new limits on foreign government donations after several media accounts this year raised questions about the foundation's reliance on those practices.
Clinton Foundation to continue accepting some foreign money
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-17 09:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I long for the days when American companies bought pieces of Washington.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-04-17 09:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I bow to your mastery.

How about... instead of bowing, you learn this valuable lesson...

Never challenge crazy people with unlimited free time, to find something you said that was stupid on a forum that stores every stupid thing you ever said....

and stop making up dumb challenges....

I don't even know who you are or what your views are... I saw your clearly ill advised "I challenge you to find ________" and went to go find it...it took about a minute and a half.

and sure, I have said lots of stupid things too... people who live in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones...
but I live in a fortress of paranoia complete with charles bronson style man traps... so I throw stones until my arm gets sore....every day.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-17 09:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah man, you misunderstand. I wanted somebody to go and find something I said to use against me. I was just hoping for an example that was actually good, not the first thing that turned up that barely resembled what I was complaining about. I get so many people that form complete arguments against me based upon what they think I believe that for once I was hoping somebody would base it on something I actually said.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-04-17 10:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

we're all just pawns in ravael's game of life...
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-17 10:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »

You can be a winner at...
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-17 10:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

And just as predictable, apparently.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-17 10:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bwahahaha. Wordplay is fun.

Also, leave Poland be. A lot of really great musical acts seem to do excellent live albums in Warsaw.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-04-17 10:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I want a pony!

no.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-17 10:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I want a pony!

no.

Who are you, my sister-in-law, telling me for whom I can and can't buy ponies?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-17 10:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I want a pony!
no.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-04-17 10:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

totally heard that in mongo's voice

[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-04-17 11:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Where's that goofball who rambled about his eugenics experiment when we need him? That guy was great for cross-table camaraderie despite political affiliation!
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-17 11:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Where's that goofball who rambled about his eugenics experiment when we need him? That guy was great for cross-table camaraderie despite political affiliation!

[sartalics]I love Eugenics![/sartalics]
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-17 11:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems that the goofballs that are capable of uniting the opposing factions never last very long. When we're together we're too strong. We're like Voltron, or Captain Planet, or Coke and Mentos.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-17 12:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Vehicle voltron > lion
 Seraph.Ramyrez