Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 460 461 462 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-03-31 11:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Come on now Pleebo. I get so tired of listening to you make excuses for Democrats. You are a whipping boy.

It is legal to discriminate against gays in Indiana because there is no law in place preventing it. This religious freedom law has zero to do with opening the door to discrimination against gays. It is 100% legal to this today as it was 5, 10, 20 years ago. But go ahead, vent on Republicans and Christians if it makes you feel better to get some hate off your chest.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-31 11:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Surely you can understand that offensive speech is the speech that the first amendment is designed to protect?

I'm pretty sure the first amendment is meant to protect people speaking against the religion and not to irrationally hate people based on their sexuality/race.

It is, for better or worse, intended to protect both forms of speech.

It does not, however, protect hateful actions. And this Indiana law attempts to do just that.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-03-31 11:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude, it's every person's right to think whatever lesson they want.

yep. the problem is when people take their dumbass theories and try to cram them down the rest of our throats.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-03-31 11:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
No. Just no. lol... Just because some people use something to benefit their own prejudice doesn't mean its a reflection of the whole.

You're starting to sound like Nausi now.

Religion is constantly used as justification for terrible things. Saying "it's not the religion's fault these people do this" is ignoring a major component of their hate.

Their religions are used to hate.

What percentage of people does it take doing it before it becomes unacceptable?

That said, I'm not crying out for a law denying religious beliefs. I'm just saying that allowing people to use them to discriminate shouldn't be justified, protected, or supported by law.
And? You can pretty much turn anything you want into a tool for that. In many cases I believe it isn't a major component just something they use as a means to give it some kind of legitimacy. Do all religious people hate gays? No. Do all non religious people accept gays? No. You can't even say that all people that disaprove of the lifestyle would actually discriminate.

People use it as a justification for sure but it's a flimsy one at best. You'll see these people cherry pick the beliefs they choose to follow. Gays are bad! I'll get married seven times though and have lots of premarital sex.

You can disaprove of something and not actively discriminate as well. I'm sure there's someone in your life that disaproves of your lifestyle in some form manor or fashion but doesn't limit your access because of it.

Before what becomes unaccapetable? Descriminating based on religion or anything for that matter shouldn't be acceptable at all nor should it ever really be an issue but here we are lol. One thing you're never going to change is that people are going to see things differently and that might very well mean they disapprove of your lifestyle for whatever reason and they're entitled to their own opinions ad beliefs just like I'm entitled to believe their idiots for it.

I agree that they shouldn't.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-03-31 11:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Come on now Pleebo. I get so tired of listening to you make excuses for Democrats. You are a whipping boy.

It is legal to discriminate against gays in Indiana because there is no law in place preventing it. This religious freedom law has zero to do with opening the door to discrimination against gays. It is 100% legal to this today as it was 5, 10, 20 years ago. But go ahead, vent on Republicans and Christians if it makes you feel better to get some hate off your chest.
Why do you specifically cite Christians?
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-03-31 11:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Because of all of the anti-Christian rhetoric I have been listening to as a result of this law. I have heard no bashing of any other religion in the meantime, even though last I checked Muslims were still stoning gay people.
 Lye
By Lye 2015-03-31 11:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Because of all of the anti-Christian rhetoric I have been listening to as a result of this law. I have heard no bashing of any other religion in the meantime, even though last I checked Muslims were still stoning gay people.

Not in the US....
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-31 11:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are still on this topic, damn. The economy must be doing fabulous then.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-03-31 11:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
One does not need to hate homosexuals in order to think that they're lifestyle is wrong in the eyes of their faith.

Faith shouldn't be used as a barometer to measure your approval of another. If the lesson you took away from church was "gays are wrong" then either the messenger or the message was mangled horribly from it's original intent.

Dude, it's every person's right to think whatever lesson they want. I wish people weren't so stupid too sometimes, but part of freedom of speech is putting up with the speech you don't like.

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
We need the government to just stay the hell out of our lives.
There's too many regulations and bureaucratic red tape....

..except we need a law to protect homophobic cake bakers rights to call people *** and point out that jesus hates them and then refuse to bake a gay cake for them?

I thought we hated laws and government interference nausi

Grow a backbone already. It's every person's right to call someone else a ***. Surely you can understand that offensive speech is the speech that the first amendment is designed to protect?

Indiana doesn't really need this law, people can already refuse service based on someone's sexual orientation without it. The law just re-states the obvious.
Think whatever lesson they want? So basically you're saying it doesn't even matter if they're following the religion only that they're taking away what they want to from it because yeah... no.

Freedom of speech doesn't really work like that lol. It's not really your right to call someone elese a *** though there's really nothing prohibiting it. I would suggest you actually research freedom of speech and see what it actually provides for in the way of your rights.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-03-31 11:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So tell me then, what freedom is this law restoring if this was all perfectly fine before?
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-03-31 11:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
You guys are still on this topic, damn. The economy must be doing fabulous then.

I'm too poor to care what the economy is doing.
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2015-03-31 11:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Thanks obama!!!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-03-31 11:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

When have muslims ever stoned people in Indiana or America for that matter for being gay? Seems kind of ridiculous to even mention that lol.

It's a free for all religion bashing on this topic but I'd be wary about focusing the topic about one religion over another.
By fonewear 2015-03-31 11:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Come on people now smile on your brother everybody get together try to love one another right now !

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-03-31 11:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems kind of ridiculous to even mention that lol.

he was trying to say that it's OK to deny gays cake here, because they're treated much worse elsewhere.

it's probably the same logic he uses to slap around his wife.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-31 11:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Because of all of the anti-Christian rhetoric I have been listening to as a result of this law.

Must be difficult, listening to someone prosthelytize about how everything you do is wrong and how society is declining because of your behavior, and how you're the reason for all the terrible things in the world.

You have my condolences. That must be really tough to go through life like that.

How would anyone handle that kind of treatment?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-31 11:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Seems kind of ridiculous to even mention that lol.

he was trying to say that it's OK to deny gays cake here, because they're treated much worse elsewhere.

it's probably the same logic he uses to slap around his wife.

As much as I hate stereotypes, it seems that happens far too often among people that share that ideology, but spousal abuse is surprisingly common across the board.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-03-31 11:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

So tell me then, what freedom is this law restoring if this was all perfectly fine before?

I suppose it could be any number of things as you go from religion to religion, but as usual the militant portion of the gay community makes everything all about them. I do not pretend to know enough about different religions to list things they may find objectionable to participate in.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-03-31 11:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
As much as I hate stereotypes, it seems that happens far too often among people that share that ideology, but spousal abuse is surprisingly common across the board.

yeah, that second part was more of a joke than anything. sorry, it was a little crass.
 Lye
By Lye 2015-03-31 11:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
Because of all of the anti-Christian rhetoric I have been listening to as a result of this law.

Must be difficult, listening to someone prosthelytize about how everything you do is wrong and how society is declining because of your behavior, and how you're the reason for all the terrible things in the world.

You have my condolences. That must be really tough to go through life like that.

How would anyone handle that kind of treatment?

Yeah... It's not like gay people get that at all amirite?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-03-31 11:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the non-answer, I guess.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-31 11:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
but spousal abuse is surprisingly common across the board.

And suprisingly defended/"not your business" across the board.

Yet another reason I don't self-identify with any group or "place" on the political spectrum.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-03-31 11:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

When have muslims ever stoned people in Indiana or America for that matter for being gay? Seems kind of ridiculous to even mention that lol.

It's a free for all religion bashing on this topic but I'd be wary about focusing the topic about one religion over another.

It is not ridiculous to mention it. It should be mentioned every day. Considering how the cowardly politically correct left is too terrified to ever criticize Islam it is important to show how they are the largest anti-gay religion in the World and the left are hypocrites. I understand the trouble though. Muslims fight back. Christians don't. The majority of Muslims have dark skin which is immediately pitied by the left as their maternal instincts to protect naturally kick in. I remember those sweet videos of Saddam Hussein throwing men with their hands cuffed behind their backs off of the top of buildings to their death because they were gay. Now in retrospect, the left thinks Saddam was a pretty cool guy that stabilized the entire Middle East. Where do you see anywhere in the World let alone America, Christians doing anything horrible to gay people? Oh wait there was this one guy that didn't want to make a gay wedding cake. Horrible.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-03-31 11:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

lulz, I was right.
 Lye
By Lye 2015-03-31 11:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Please continue to show me your understanding of the world with your ffxiah forum posts.

It brings me great entertainment!
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-03-31 11:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

"Hey, at least we don't kill 'em!" - American conservatives
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-03-31 11:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the non-answer, I guess.

What freedoms did Clintons law protect then? I suppose those would apply.
 Lye
By Lye 2015-03-31 11:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The majority of Muslims have dark skin which is immediately pitied by the left as their maternal instincts to protect naturally kick in.

Let me tell ya, every time I see a brown skinned fella my nipples start getting sensitive.

I have to carry a second shirt with me all the time!
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-03-31 11:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

"Hey, at least we don't kill 'em!" - American conservatives

What happens to gay people in America Pleebo that I don't know about? For you to say "at least we don't kill them" implies other horrible things are being done and that I am somehow cool with it.
First Page 2 3 ... 460 461 462 ... 1375 1376 1377