Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 150 151 152 ... 1375 1376 1377
By volkom 2014-11-20 12:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
the real question is, would you change places with a polar bear, today?

[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-11-20 13:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I still say polar bears are *** and they should all be rounded up and put in zoos...

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Arctic land ice is disappearing

no it isn't.... it's just in it's more liquidy form is all.

Get that positive spin on it.

"We've increased the size of the Arctic Ocean! It's amazing!"

There's also oil reserves currently inaccessible thanks to that Arctic Ice. When that dissapears, we'll be given access to billions of barrels of untapped crude baby.

Just imagine, 5cent/gallon fuel! World peace, here we come.

Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-20 13:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Get that positive spin on it.

"We've increased the size of the Arctic Ocean! It's amazing!"

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-20 13:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Or perhaps it could be the fundamental economics of supply and demand. You know when things are more available, the price inevitably goes down. So again, what are you failing to understanding? Because it cannot be that the supply has increased. Everyone's covered this.
It also can't be that demand has changed. It also can't be that it doesn't necessarily straightforwardly follow supply vs demand.
Here's a graph comparing global oil production, consumption, and the US crude oil acquisition cost.

You may notice the acquisition cost doesn't necessarily map well to changes in supply and demand post 2000ish.

By all means continue to argue that increasing the supply of oil through fracking doesn't lower prices at the pump.
Good luck with that Nausi.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-11-20 13:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I'm not touting polar bears being alive as proof that global warming isn't real. Alarmists like yourself have touted that the dwindling population of polar bears will suffer because of global warming. The article and myself are arguing that because the population of polar bears has increased despite the increase in atmospheric CO2 levels, then the argument put forth by alarmists (of global warming will kill the polar bears) is full of ***.

It's just another example of how ignorant they are of "climate mechanics". But I guess you've got no shot at maintaining credibility if I cannot point out the mistakes you and other alarmists have continued to make.
The shitty hotair says nothing about increasing populations. Polar bears exist within the entire Arctic circle, not just Alaska. Arctic land ice is disappearing and this WILL affect the wildlife that relies on it.

I didn't even address the fact that their entire argument revolves around a cherry picked quote from a TV ad. lol

First, the article states "11) Polar Bears are alive and well and not dying out." If a species is not dying out it is instead multiplying.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-11-20 13:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Necessary, and on topic:
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-11-20 13:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

First, the article states "11) Polar Bears are alive and well and not dying out." If a species is not dying out it is instead multiplying. Thanks for playing you lose.
No.

Populations are typically in flux. It's not an either/or scenario. The article offers no evidence of an increase, only some unquantified observation that bears are numerous in one particular region of the Arctic Circle.
Second you attempt to brush me off and discredit based on the fact that I bring up Polar bears, then you double down on the polar bear argument yourself.
Er, disputing your claim isn't doubling down. You and Altima want to argue science without actually arguing the science.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-11-20 14:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

we'll be given access to billions of barrels of untapped crude baby.
You, sir, are a horrible person. Shame, shame.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2014-11-20 14:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
we'll be given access to billions of barrels of untapped crude baby.
You, sir, are a horrible person. Shame, shame.
At least he owns it, instead of hiding behind false pretenses of being morally superior.

OWN THAT HORRIBLENESS!

(not directed at you, Mil, you're awesome)
By Jetackuu 2014-11-20 14:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

oh playing cards with you guys would be a trip.
By Bloodrose 2014-11-20 14:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

SO when are we planning a trip to Vegas?
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-11-20 14:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
SO when are we planning a trip to Vegas?
Can't say that one is in the cards.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2014-11-20 14:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Believe in the heart of the cards, Mil! BELIEVE, DAMN IT!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-20 14:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

yugioh.jpg

/lazy

you have sprung my trap!!! card...
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-11-20 14:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I see your Vegas, and raise you Macau.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2014-11-20 14:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You just took all my Life Points.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-20 14:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Why don't we all just go to the Gold Saucer?
By Bloodrose 2014-11-20 14:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If we're going to the Gold Saucer, Tifa is my date.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-20 15:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing like an 8 page "discussion" on the global warming scam.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-20 15:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Nothing like an 8 page "discussion" on the global climate change that people try to pretend is a scam because they don't know any better
ftfy
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-20 16:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
If we're going to the Gold Saucer, Tifa is my date.

I'm more of an Aeris man, myself.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-20 16:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Typically when you spend billions of dollars and have little to show for it, it's considered a scam.

Speaking of scams:

Quote:
The Obama administration acknowledged Thursday it has been over-reporting the number of people signed up under the health care law, a discrepancy that congressional Republicans seeking to repeal the program say they uncovered.

It's another credibility problem for the administration after video surfaced recently of former White House adviser Jonathan Gruber suggesting that deception was used to pass President Barack Obama's signature law.

Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia M. Burwell called the latest lapse "unacceptable."

"The mistake we made is unacceptable," Burwell said on Twitter. "I will be communicating that clearly throughout the (department.)"

Administration spokesman Aaron Albright said that the overcount involved about 400,000 people.

Those consumers have separate dental coverage in addition to a medical plan, and were double-counted by mistake, said Albright. They had purchased both the medical and dental plans through HealthCare.gov and state insurance markets created under the law.

That means the correct number of people enrolled for medical coverage as of Oct. 15 is about 6.7 million, not the 7.1 million that Burwell has been citing.

The discrepancy was uncovered by Republican investigators for the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, poring over sign-up spreadsheets.

Chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif., said in a statement that he believes the administration was deliberately trying to disguise the rate at which people have been dropping out of the program, either because they don't meet eligibility requirements or weren't paying their premiums.

"Faced with large numbers of Americans running for an exit from Obamacare, instead of offering the public an accurate accounting, the administration engaged in an effort to obscure and downplay the number of dropouts," said Issa.

Responded administration spokesman Albright: "No. It was a mistake."

Back in May, the administration reported that more than 8 million people had signed up through the new insurance markets, which offer taxpayer-subsidized private plans. That was celebrated as vindication for the health care law after the botched rollout of HealthCare.gov.

The 8-million number was always expected to go down, because it included people who had not yet sealed the deal by paying their first month's premium.

The next update came in September, when Medicare Administrator Marilyn Tavenner told Issa's committee there were 7.3 million people enrolled at that point. Burwell has later revised that number down.

After Tavenner testified, Issa's committee requested the underlying files, and a spokeswoman said investigators dug in, discovering the overcount.

In recent months the administration has drifted away from issuing formal status reports on the health insurance exchanges, instead releasing snippets of information, as Tavenner did before Congress. Compiling the formal reports is a time-consuming exercise, but it also involves repeated edits, which can catch errors.

Thursday's development comes amid a still-simmering controversy over comments by MIT economist Gruber, an adviser during the drafting of the law. Video clips show him saying that "the stupidity of the American voter" helped Democrats pass the health care makeover.

Gruber has since disavowed the most controversial remarks, saying he "spoke inappropriately and I regret having made those comments." But the videos have fired up opponents of the law, who are calling on the new Republican-led Congress to mount an all-out effort for its repeal.
Oops! Administration erred on health law sign-ups
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-11-20 18:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Oh, hi.

I've been meaning to check in, see where things are now.

Do mainstream conservatives still think the scientific community is split on man-made global warming or have they moved on to accusing the scientific community of fabricating it just so they can get grant money?

No, it's not a jab, I'm legitimately curious.

New day. I'm wondering if any of our conservative friends want to chime in on a question I asked yesterday that no one answered.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-11-20 19:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no consensus in the scientific community that there is man-made global warming or any global warming for that matter. It is simply repeated over and over and over and over again that there is a consensus. Reports are constantly misquoted and the lie that 97% of scientists agree constantly repeated.

As long as people ignore the world around them, ignore their lying eyes, and allow themselves to be manipulated by an endless bombardment on the internet and television they will go on believing the sky is falling. And the stubborn *** that invested so much of their time and reputation arguing for global warming and insulting every sensible skeptic, will never admit they are wrong so this will go on forever, so will our climate as is. Ignoring science is not science. Science itself is asking questions, but the religious zealots that believe in global warming never have one question. They belittle questions. They ignore scientific method.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-11-20 19:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Would a poll of climatologist be enough to convince you that there is a scientific consensus on the matter?

What if I showed you an over view of all the scientific papers involving global warming and showed you how many were for and against ACP, would that be enough to convince you?
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-11-20 19:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Would this be the view of scientific papers that Pleebo posted last year and that zealots misquote all the time? Would this be the one that showed that actually only 30% of scientists believe the earth has warmed? Is this that one that showed of that 30% of scientists that believe the world has warmed that 97% of them believe it is manmade, thus leading to the misquote that 97% of scientists believe in manmade global warming?

Yes please post that one. I won't read it AGAIN but maybe some clown that blindly follows this religion will and enlighten themselves.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-11-20 19:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I see where you're coming from now, you're making the same mistake kingnobody is.

The study reviews about 12,000 papers. 3896 endorses ACP(32%), 7930 didn't have a position, 78 rejected ACP and 40 were uncertain.

I'm guessing because you think of the 7930 didn't have a position on ACP, they also secretly rejected it?
[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-20 19:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

According to my research it is almost winter !
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-11-20 19:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

OK lets just put them all in the "believes in global warming column." Herp. Maybe they were doing what a real scientist actually does and they don't take a position when they scientific data is not there. You should really stop using the word science. You confuse it with faith.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-11-20 19:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like writing a physics paper and taking the bold stance that you believe gravity exists. Accepted facts are accepted.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 150 151 152 ... 1375 1376 1377