Hi, I'm A Noob Who Doesn't Want To Be A Noob!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Sylph » Hi, I'm a noob who doesn't want to be a noob!
Hi, I'm a noob who doesn't want to be a noob!
 Sylph.Agentblade
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Agentblade 2014-06-05 20:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
I'm kinda at an Impass atm, doing all of this solo seems like such a chore, I wish i had frens :(

I even did a shout in jeuno and got greeted with a bunch of hate.

me- "how do i play this game again? idonteven."
them- "you logout"
me- "k"

good olde sylph, how i missed thee

Yeah, sylph never changes and people from fairy like us have to put up with alot of that on this server.. Good to see u back, been along time. As for catching up, its not that bad. Game is pretty fast paced for the most part unless you building a mythic, which imo is the last grind this game has to offer. Hardest part you might find is getting a group that is a random pickup that is CAPABLE of clearing things. Between this server being dead, friends being long gone, or the lack of people during NA primetime will prolly be your biggest hurdle. If you havent found a good shell, i know a few full of peeps from fairy. Might be able to help you out and get you bk into the swing of things.
 Leviathan.Xsoahc
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Xsoahc 2014-06-05 21:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-06-05 21:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

aeronx said: »
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
last night I was told by a friend to not bother coming back unless I have pld,rng,rng,brd,cor,whm leveled and already geared >.>;

You friend is clearly biased, he missed SAM MNK and SCH on the list.

I am a sam main, or was rather, he told me sam isn't used much if at all for the hardest setting bc's.

he also elaborated as to why;

they apparently took out any other values of CE gain other than dmg, making it even harder for a tank to keep consistant hate, "all rngs MUST have anni, or they are worthless"

and then he proceeded to tell me the strat that everyone uses.

it makes sense, but is that really the only way to beat this bc? starting to think maybe i should wait until af3 reforge comes out D: lol

But SAM is one of the most power melee DD in all delve zones except marj, which is RNG zone. This game isn't AA BC only, there are plenty of other content too. Your friend is still biased cuz he only used a few example that needs RNG to promote RNG.

Further more melee can still do lower difficulty AA BC. Some BC are melee strat too.

Also, I'm not sure if I ever see that "none dmg CE gain adjustment" if someone can explain it.

RNG also isn't completely worthless without anni. It is still possible to DD just fine with decoy shot and enmity- set. My LS mate's none relic often outparse other RNG, and only a few % behind above avg RNG. He doesn't pull hate. COR has no decoy shot and even worse hate management than RNG, but last 2 BC run I also didn't pull hate on COR and I was only 1%~4% behind gimp relic RNG in pt. On the other hand, I've seen relic RNG pulled hate.

The only None damage CE gain nerf I remember is barspells to stop RDM tanking properly.... Like 2006?

he quoted me wrong so i'll restate what i said here;

They made it so the only way to gain CE values are FROM dmg.

not even 100% sure it's true, but this is coming from a pretty reliable source, the guy knows more in depth game mechanics more than most people do.

many nights lost arguing with him about such maths and stuff.

I think the only person to ever beat him in an argument was tigerwoods/creamsoda back in like 07~08 (something about haste values)

I don't know where he came up with this, but it's an incredibly wrong statement. /blu and to some extent /run are great ways to build CE because of the great CE values that the spells and job abilities have.

I asked him to clarify his source and he told me to check the update notes about the enmity change to cures.

either it's possible he knows something we don't or I took what he said mistakenly and he was only talking about cures.

/shrug
#His reference is to cure only, forgot about other shiz? like Pollen spam! Run Spells and self JA's ! not to mention flash.

Honestly cocoon on /blu reduces your emnity decay from damage taken considerably and if th nm is 99.99% physical attacks it'll beat /run imo.

Sucks I don't know many nms who don't spam some type of magic/magical ws..

Your friend doesn't know anything we don't I think he's just gone "Cure dont work" and whitewashed everything else.. or never heard of blu and run subjobs before............................
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-06-06 06:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

aeronx said: »
If he was referring to cures then yes. Cure cheats as a source of CE are useless now and blu spells are much more efficient for enmity/mp ratio.

His friend's original statement was "none anni RNG is completely worthless because it's hard for PLD generate enough CE to keep consistant hate". Which is just biased opinion....none relic RNG may do less dmg than relic RNG, but it is still possible to keep hate with PLD/BLU, decoy shot and enmity- set for TP/WS. Not even /DRG is necessary...and you still have the choice to /DRG if decoy shot/enmity- set fails.

Another biased opinion!
By TotalInfinity 2014-06-08 08:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Progress so far!:

Almost full set of artifact 109, have them +1 just need to grind the chapters

Attending voidwatch, hovering around 2mil so plenty of gil to buy things

Leveling WHM to 99, figure I might as well, as much as I like SAM actually doing content is more important. I'll focus on gearing SAM, SMN, and WHM and that'll be it for me

Still haven't done much of any adoulin content, still no idea what/how skirmishes work or what they are, and only seen the occasional wildskeeper reive shout, just was busy at the time. Any idea on how/what I should do to progress from here on?
[+]