Gearswap Without Trigger Songs?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Gearswap without trigger songs?
Gearswap without trigger songs?
 Bahamut.Unafay
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Unafae
By Bahamut.Unafay 2014-05-19 09:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a gearswap without trigger songs? I'm really hating this change as I barely have a grasp on spellcast.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-05-19 10:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Unafay said: »
Does anyone have a gearswap without trigger songs? I'm really hating this change as I barely have a grasp on spellcast.

Complaining about something that can't be helped doesn;t help the situation, but Yes its actually rather straight forward and I've posted this in a few forums, and its on most of the examples.

Here it is again though for ease of access.
Code
    sets.Idle = {}

sets.Idle.index = {'Standard','DT'}
    Idle_ind = 1           

sets.Idle.Standard = {ammo="Cheruski needle",
                          head="Whirlpool Mask",neck="Twilight torque", ear1="Ethereal earring", ear2="Heartseeker earring",
                          body="Hagondes Coat",hands="Serpentes cuffs",ring1="Dark ring",ring2="Dark ring",
                          back="Atheling mantle",waist="Flume belt",legs="Blood cuisses",feet="Serpentes sabots"}

sets.Idle.DT = {
    main="Buramenk'ah",
    sub="Genbu's Shield",
    ammo="Cheruski Needle",
    head="Lithelimb Cap",
    body="Hagondes Coat",
    hands="Iuitl Wristbands",
    legs="Blood cuisses",
    feet="Hag. Sabots +1",
    neck="Twilight Torque",
    waist="Flume Belt",
    left_ear="Heartseeker Earring",
    right_ear="Dudgeon Earring",
    left_ring="Dark Ring",
    right_ring="Jelly Ring",
    back="Cheviot Cape",

TP Rule ~
Code
function status_change(new,old)
    if player.status == 'Engaged' then
        equip(sets.TP[sets.TP.index[TP_ind]])
    else
        equip(sets.Idle[sets.Idle.index[Idle_ind]])
    end
end

-- A general TP rule --

function equip_TP_set()
		equip(sets.Earring[sets.Earring.index[Earring_ind]])
    end

Index - You're variable to swap gearsets, the triger is below (Trigger spells)
Code
function self_command(command)
    if command == 'toggle TP set' then
        TP_ind = TP_ind +1
        if TP_ind > #sets.TP.index then TP_ind = 1 end
        send_command('@input /echo <----- TP Set changed to '..sets.TP.index[TP_ind]..' ----->')

elseif command == 'toggle Idle set' then
        Idle_ind = Idle_ind +1
        if Idle_ind > #sets.Idle.index then Idle_ind = 1 end
        send_command('@input /echo <----- Idle Set changed to '..sets.Idle.index[Idle_ind]..' ----->')
        equip(sets.Idle[sets.Idle.index[Idle_ind]])
    elseif command == 'toggle Req set' then
        Requiescat_ind = Requiescat_ind +1
        if Requiescat_ind > #sets.Requiescat.index then Requiescat_ind = 1 end
        send_command('@input /echo <----- Requiescat Set changed to '..sets.Requiescat.index[Requiescat_ind]..' ----->')
    elseif command == 'toggle CDC set' then
        ChantDuCygne_ind = ChantDuCygne_ind +1
        if ChantDuCygne_ind > #sets.ChantDuCygne.index then ChantDuCygne_ind = 1 end
        send_command('@input /echo <----- Chant du Cygne Set changed to '..sets.ChantDuCygne.index[ChantDuCygne_ind]..' ----->')
    elseif command == 'equip TP set' then
        equip_TP_set()
    elseif command == 'equip Idle set' then
        equip_Idle_set()
    end
end

So in this example the "triger" would be a toggle where in game you would macro

/console gs c toggle TP set or type //gs c toggle TP set

in game it shows this as an Echo:
send_command('@input /echo <----- TP Set changed to '..sets.TP.index[TP_ind]..' ----->')

It tells you what your index is set to so DT or Idle.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-05-19 10:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

To help with a full working set . . .

Here's the rest of my blu one, the spellsets need some updates doing.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-05-19 10:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

A simplier method (assuming you mean trigger songs by Bryth's GS where Dharp is only swapped in when you sing a specfic list of songs):

If you remove all traces of instruments in the sets, it will never try to swap anything into that slot. Thus you can control your instrument gearing in other means however you like.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-05-19 10:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
A simplier method (assuming you mean trigger songs by Bryth's GS where Dharp is only swapped in when you sing a specfic list of songs):

If you remove all traces of instruments in the sets, it will never try to swap anything into that slot. Thus you can control your instrument gearing in other means however you like.

I assumed that he knew he could have 4x Full Potency Songs even with Dura.

IE cast place holder songs in Dura then 4x full potency songs in his Gjallahorn (As he has that)
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-05-19 10:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea but that's not exactly ideal in all situations, for example kurma and his forever spamming turtoise songs, you just want to get songs up as quick as possible.

So he can either make a trigger to force a dharp song (which can be complicated for anyone who aren't too good with coding), or he can take it all away and deal with instruments on macros or something.

Just giving options out there! lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-05-19 10:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea but that's not exactly ideal in all situations, for example kurma and his forever spamming turtoise songs, you just want to get songs up as quick as possible.

So he can either make a trigger to force a dharp song (which can be complicated for anyone who aren't too good with coding), or he can take it all away and deal with instruments on macros or something.

Just giving options out there! lol

In that situation fair point.
 Bahamut.Unafay
By Bahamut.Unafay 2014-05-19 13:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I was looking for, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to stop that. And it was an nm that was spamming dispellga, most annoying thing in the universe when u have just done ja songs only to have them wiped off.

As for Conagh, just because you grasp a concept easy doesn't mean others do. Also, just because you think something doesn't make it so, you are reading written words and are applying your own perception to them, I was not complaining I was saying that I am having trouble. Lastly, your information is not helpful at all, when you just c/p things doesn't mean someone is going to understand especially as I posted I barely have a grasp of spellcast.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-05-19 13:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really hating

Thats a complaint.

Saying that it's been posted before and answered is not an "easy concept" I'm stating if you had checked you'd have seen this answered already.

The post below also had a full list of rules I use and they are explained within.

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
but Yes its actually rather straight forward
That's merely saying it's an easy fix, it is in no way stating you should know what it is.

In terms of difficulty, Lua is actually very easy to learn but I learn by doing and trying and seeing where mistakes crop up.
Does anyone have a gearswap without trigger songs?

Further more "trigger songs" is a term used in spellcast rfeerring to this..
Code
<if spell="Foxfire">
			<if advanced='"$ACC"="Low"'>
				<var cmd="set ACC Mid" />
			</if>
			<elseif advanced='"$ACC"="Mid"'>
				<var cmd="set ACC High" />
			</elseif>
			<elseif advanced='"$ACC"="High"'>
				<var cmd="set ACC Max" />
			</elseif>
			<elseif advanced='"$ACC"="Max"'>
				<var cmd="set ACC Ex" />
			</elseif>
			<elseif advanced='"$ACC"="Ex"'>
				<var cmd="set ACC Low" />
			</elseif>
			<addtochat color="158">Accuracy Level: [$ACC]</addtochat>
			<if advanced='("$VAR-TP"="ACC-Low") OR ("$VAR-TP"="ACC-Mid") OR ("$VAR-TP"="ACC-High") OR ("$VAR-TP"="ACC-Max") OR ("$VAR-TP"="ACC-Ex")'>
				<var cmd="set VAR-TP ACC-$ACC" />
				<if status="engaged">
					<command>Fire Spirit</command>
				</if>
			</if>

Where you use a Spell that doesn't exist as a trigger to swap sets, sorry I misunderstood your question, but none of it really addressed your question in a clear manner.

Your question was "how do I stop gear equipping during songs" or "How do I manually swap my instrument depending on my songs?" Don't have the equip command in seemed far too over simplified as I'd have thought that was common sense and made your question seem more towards the true meaning of "trigger Spells" within the spellcast format.

Although I'm glad your question got answered though.
 Bahamut.Unafay
By Bahamut.Unafay 2014-05-19 13:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Where you use a Spell that doesn't exist as a trigger to swap sets, sorry I misunderstood your question, but none of it really addressed your question in a clear manner.

Your question was "how do I stop gear equipping during songs" or "How do I manually swap my instrument depending on my songs?" Don't have the equip command in seemed far too over simplified as I'd have thought that was common sense and made your question seem more towards the true meaning of "trigger Spells" within the spellcast format.

Although I'm glad your question got answered though.

Danke that helped actually, I see all those <>{} things and my brain goes um yeah wtf I am horrible about this thing like to the point of crying over this, I'm a chick who doesn't understand this at all lol but I was able to delete like the other post said and so far so good. I have one dd in my ls that will let me know in a heartbeat his songs r screwed and I really hate to disappoint my ls especially when its something so important. But ty again and IF I love my mind with this ***you can believe I will be back lol