Returning To FFXI, But I Have Some Questions.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Returning to FFXI, but I have some questions.
Returning to FFXI, but I have some questions.
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2014-04-24 04:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post, but I'll give it a shot.

I've decided to return to FFXI (phoenix server) after over 2 years hiatus. I've pretty much forgotten 90% of the game mechanics (derp). What's new in the game? All my jobs except for the two new ones are at 90 (a friend who managed my account leveled some to 99).

How does one level from 90 to 99 these days?

What do you suggest I do to relearn the game mechanics for end game content?

Why have all the prices suddenly sky rocketed?

Does anyone still do WoTG & ToAU missions?

Thanks for any input.
By Pantafernando 2014-04-24 05:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Some mechanics changed a bit, but overall, should be the same. With SoA the mobs lv increased a lot higher than players limit (99) so SE implemented ilv gear, to match mobs strengh with players, so this will be your most surprising change, when you see players useing a gear with 10+ stats, attributes, traits, augments. Aparently it seems that those are overpowered, but its just a measure to avoid a new limit break quest. Also the game shifted to solo/low man content, and also SE is avoiding to implement high grinding quest/gear, so basically anything that is new, can be get in a lot less time than pre adoulin.

2. http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Rock_Grinder

3. Read threads about delve and ark angels. They are the 2 events who requires the currently used strats (melee for old delve and ranged for ark angels).

4. Too much ways to get cash, even at low level (selling sparks, doing woe, selling delve/skirmish augment items) so that deflated the game.

5. Moonshade earring still one of the best for most ws sets. ToAU complete is a pre req to mythics i think, so most people have that done. Its not like a stuff who need event or groups. Most missions can be soloed.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2014-04-24 06:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you so much for that information. I'm researching more as we speak. Hopefully this will be a smooth transition.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-04-24 06:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

what pantafernando said is true, but hey when you come back and make new friends and reuinite with old ones everythings always more fun to do with some good company !!!! welcome back
[+]
 Ragnarok.Malaek
Server: Ragnarok
user: Malik
By Ragnarok.Malaek 2014-04-25 10:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't played in about the same amount of time as Dw (after merging into rag and losing my name.. -.-)

I keep kicking around the idea of re subbing for nostalgia sake, but am just as lost. Where are some good sites that you guys use for info? Ffxivlopedia looks like it's been abandoned.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-25 10:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Malaek said: »
I haven't played in about the same amount of time as Dw (after merging into rag and losing my name.. -.-)

I keep kicking around the idea of re subbing for nostalgia sake, but am just as lost. Where are some good sites that you guys use for info? Ffxivlopedia looks like it's been abandoned.

The content that's been released just within the last 6 months alone is overwhelming and staggering, to say the least. That being said, don't stress about getting caught up in one day, or one week, etc, you'll just end up quitting.

BG Wiki is a good resource and is always updated as new content is released.
 Ragnarok.Malaek
Server: Ragnarok
user: Malik
By Ragnarok.Malaek 2014-04-25 10:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Av, much appreciated. :)