users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Mog Wardrode
Mog Wardrode
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-23 13:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Danny, XI View hasn't worked since ROE new UI was implemented (Mine would always crash when I opened the quest log).

is there a newer updated version of XI View that rectifies this problem? Please advise!
By kenshynofshiva 2014-04-23 13:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »
2: Well crap, I'll 78/80 in main inventory and 80/80 everywhere else <_<

{True Strike}
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-04-23 14:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Danny, XI View hasn't worked since ROE new UI was implemented (Mine would always crash when I opened the quest log).

is there a newer updated version of XI View that rectifies this problem? Please advise!

Yes there is. Caradog has graciously taken over the project and is doing a fine job in keeping it up to date. I would check his posts or the main post if updated. Per usual, always be careful on what you download following any updates...
link:
http://forums.windower.net/index.php?/topic/8-xi-view-v212-mar-17th-2014-user-interface/
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2014-04-23 14:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Caradog?! I know that guy. I both love and hate this new update lol; love because I can now add more sets to my jobs and hate because now it's gonna take people even longer to gear up for events zzz (like Caradog!!)
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-04-23 14:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

On one hand, you gotta give it to SE for doing these monthly patches. On the other, you hate that they break everything every fvcken month now
By Sieha1 2014-04-23 14:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

this just means they are going to add even more job specific, situational, macro only, and vanity gear that you must have with you and likely is augmented so you cant store it.

its like someone gives you candy, that is poisoned.
[+]
 Sylph.Siccmade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2014-04-23 14:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »
how I am with every storage update

Day 1: HOLY CRAP I HAVE SO MUCH SPACE NOW! I'll never run out of room again!

Day 2: Well crap, I'll 78/80 in main inventory and 80/80 everywhere else <_<

Very much so! I'll be trying to limit this Wardrobe system to the 2-3 jobs I play most though.

Going back to macros, before Spellcast I hit 3 macros to proc Sorc. Ring and nuke on BLM. Back then my only jobs were BLM, THF and SMN and they all had a few multi-macro combos for things (SA/TA/WS/BP/etc). So... I don't pay mind to people saying they "can't" swap gears.

Its tedious and terrible and I've heard about console lag but I've been at friends places while they played on PS2/XBox so I know its possible across the board.
By worstplayer 2014-04-23 14:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

wardrobe idea is awesome! (besides getting 80/80 on day 2), but I do have one question.
if I have ex, anhur robe equipped, and hedera cotehardie in wardrobe, and use a macro to gearswap, wonder if the anhur will go to wardrobe and if hedera will come to main inventory or stay as they are. hope it doesn't pull it out of wardrobe AND leave anhur in main, otherwise the use is kinda pointless, cos every time u gearswap ur just filling up ur main inventory and still have to transfer to satchel/sack/case/wardrobe. still more 80 spaces I guess
By Sieha1 2014-04-23 14:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

um both of those pieces are ex and what would that have to do with it.

Likely where ever the equipment was when it was equipped it will stay in the same inventory place. so if it was in your inventory then it wont get moved to the wardrobe.
By worstplayer 2014-04-23 14:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

sry meant ex as in ex (example)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Presidentmerman 2014-04-23 15:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry when Empy gear gets updated we can go back to complaining about inventory issues
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-23 15:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Leviathan.Jackieolivas said: »
It will come down to macro lines. Not everyone uses or even understands how to use Spellcast/Gearswap.

I'm happy to admit I'm too lazy to use Spellcast but even then Windower scripts work just fine.

That said, console players really do get stiffed; swapping multiple gear slots is inconvenient to the point of unworkable even though it's gotten a bit better post-Adoulin.

1. They are looking at increasing macro commands to allow the equiping of multiple piece of gear PER LINE, allowing possibly 12~18 swaps per macro.

2. /macro set3 moves the macro line to set 3 within whatever book you are in.
15 swaps and a WS You can also do this !

Code
/gear
/macroset 2
/gear
/macroset 3
/ws 
/macroset 4
/TPGEAR
/macroset 5
/tpGEAR
/macroset 6
/tpGEAR
/macroset 1

I did this YEARS AGO on VW on Xbox and had no issues on SCH, BLU, and I was often better than most (Not gunna say perfect or the best but I was good.) and never had issues with gear swapping always been 70/80 ish on gear at least.

Excuses are just piss *** poor.

People just suck and use the excuse of "OMGAWD YOU GEARSWAPPED I COULDN'T CURE YOU"

/MA CURE iv <STAL> HAS BEEN AROUND FOR YEARS STOP SUCKING SO DAMN HARD.

Its just pitiful excues from pitiful players who never bothered to look into stuff.

With this rant over

YAY more ***to get broken next update... But still loving +80 Inventory.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-23 15:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Danny, XI View hasn't worked since ROE new UI was implemented (Mine would always crash when I opened the quest log). is there a newer updated version of XI View that rectifies this problem? Please advise!
Yes there is. Caradog has graciously taken over the project and is doing a fine job in keeping it up to date. I would check his posts or the main post if updated. Per usual, always be careful on what you download following any updates... link: http://forums.windower.net/index.php?/topic/8-xi-view-v212-mar-17th-2014-user-interface/

Thanks Danny.

So you're saying I should wait until the update before converting to XI view? Because i fked my game up previously when I tried to mess with my .dats and ***from XI View. So im kinda leery about downloading anything that will later break (because my vanilla FFXI through steam NO LONGER WORKS. It attempts to load and then crashes. Direct 3D error, or something).
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-23 15:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Danny, XI View hasn't worked since ROE new UI was implemented (Mine would always crash when I opened the quest log). is there a newer updated version of XI View that rectifies this problem? Please advise!
Yes there is. Caradog has graciously taken over the project and is doing a fine job in keeping it up to date. I would check his posts or the main post if updated. Per usual, always be careful on what you download following any updates... link: http://forums.windower.net/index.php?/topic/8-xi-view-v212-mar-17th-2014-user-interface/

Thanks Danny.

So you're saying I should wait until the update before converting to XI view? Because i fked my game up previously when I tried to mess with my .dats and ***from XI View. So im kinda leery about downloading anything that will later break (because my vanilla FFXI through steam NO LONGER WORKS. It attempts to load and then crashes. Direct 3D error, or something).

I'd wait.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-04-23 15:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Baelorn said: »
Preparing myself for

Quote:
Mog Wardrobe has been postponed for further testing

Then a few years from now

Quote:
What ever happened to that wardrobe idea?

I don't know, man. Normally I'd agree but it really seems like they're doing this in the most straightforward way possible. If anything, I'm more concerned about where your equipment defaults to when you take it off; is your active inventory just going to fill up anyway as you use your macros?

Also, Conagh, is that a one-button macro?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2014-04-23 15:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would it do anything other than what it does now? When you equip something it doesn't move it out of your inventory, it just flags it as equipped.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-23 16:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Why would it do anything other than what it does now? When you equip something it doesn't move it out of your inventory, it just flags it as equipped.

Yes, but based on their wording, it may be possible that the Mog Wadrobe (name is indicative) that the item is Not pulled, but rather, is an extension of your actual inventory. Meaning the item does not necessarily swap into your inventory and then subsequently become equipped. it could simple become equipped directly from the Mog Wardrobe and flagged as green (untransferrable).

I think that's how its going to work. Otherwise, how in the world will that help people who are 78/80 inventory space from sellables trying to use macros? The game is going to restrict the equipment of certain gear because you don't have the inv space to fulfill the macro swap? That's silly.

Edit - reread your comment. I'm actually agreeing with you.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-23 16:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else noticed that the title is spelled wrong?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-23 16:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Baelorn said: »
Preparing myself for

Quote:
Mog Wardrobe has been postponed for further testing

Then a few years from now

Quote:
What ever happened to that wardrobe idea?

I don't know, man. Normally I'd agree but it really seems like they're doing this in the most straightforward way possible. If anything, I'm more concerned about where your equipment defaults to when you take it off; is your active inventory just going to fill up anyway as you use your macros?

Also, Conagh, is that a one-button macro?

With AutoTrigger, yes.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-23 16:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Yes because that's the biggest thing wrong in the world...

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-23 16:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

my BLU will finally be freed from the bindings of ***inventory \o/
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-23 17:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
my BLU will finally be freed from the bindings of ***inventory \o/

For a week.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-23 17:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I do want to say that the only thing that consistently gave me inventory problems are item drops. People carry far too much hyper-situational stuff without considering whether it is worth it (my opinion, let's not argue if we dispute). I could manage to swap between two jobs with virtually no shared inventory quite quickly with latency being the biggest impediment.

What the game has really needed for years is some little junk drawer inventory for all the seals and crystals/geodes/etc. and craft mats to fall into.
By Sieha1 2014-04-23 21:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything, I'm more concerned about where your equipment defaults to when you take it off; is your active inventory just going to fill up anyway as you use your macros?

I loled so hard it might be a crime.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-04-23 21:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

Oh, yeah.

blurf.
 Asura.Kharlan
user: Kharlan
By Asura.Kharlan 2014-04-26 11:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
2. /macro set3 moves the macro line to set 3 within whatever book you are in.
15 swaps and a WS You can also do this !

Code
/gear
/macroset 2
/gear
/macroset 3
/ws 
/macroset 4
/TPGEAR
/macroset 5
/tpGEAR
/macroset 6
/tpGEAR
/macroset 1

I did this YEARS AGO on VW on Xbox and had no issues on SCH, BLU, and I was often better than most (Not gunna say perfect or the best but I was good.) and never had issues with gear swapping always been 70/80 ish on gear at least.

Whoa, never heard of this somehow. This is sick.

Your /gear, /TPGEAR, and /tpGEAR commands... those are just the actual names of the macros in that macro set?
By Ophannus 2014-05-01 08:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Everytime I hear "Mog Wardrobe" it reminds me of this official art work from 2004:

[+]
 Ragnarok.Yatenkou
Server: Ragnarok
user: Yatenkou
By Ragnarok.Yatenkou 2014-05-01 08:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
Everytime I hear "Mog Wardrobe" it reminds me of this official art work from 2004:

Moar.
 Asura.Jezzus
user: L30x
By Asura.Jezzus 2014-05-01 08:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Yes because that's the biggest thing wrong in the world...

Holy crap thats why i cant count to 15! I only have two hands!