Is It Worth To Reactive/come Back?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Is it worth to reactive/come back?
Is it worth to reactive/come back?
 Shiva.Herthabsc
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Herthabsc
By Shiva.Herthabsc 2014-04-21 17:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all.
I started playing FFXI 2007 and stopped playing around 2012/2013. About 1 month ago I started playing FFXIV ARR on PS4 (Beta, now the full game), and I thought of playing FFXI also again. But is it worth to reactive my account and get into FFXI (again)? Are still many players online every day, can I find people for Missions/Quests/Endgame, whatever it is..
Got some 99 Jobs and decent gear, also did many Endgame Stuff till I stopped playing this game. Played this game about 5 years, so, yeah, is it worth another try?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-04-21 17:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes its worth it
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2014-04-21 17:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Feeling lazy, sorry.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/42112/is-ffxi-worth-returning-to

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/41939/sothinking-about-coming-back

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/41712/do-i-come-back
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Sieha1 2014-04-21 18:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

if you were an elite(plays all the time and doesnt do anything else) in the past then you will do fine. If you were a casual then you might be ok coming back as long as you realize 80% of the content is not for you. If you were a derrrrrpppp then you will be a god among men here.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cledant
Server: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2014-04-21 18:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

No, not worth it.
you should post this thread on ffxi official forums anyways, this website barely gets traffic.
[+]
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-04-21 19:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sieha1 said: »
If you were a casual then you might be ok coming back as long as you realize 80% of the content is not for you.

Because with BCs that have five different difficulty settings, scaling Delve HP, and the ilvl update which turns people with Eminent weapons into super man, it's the casuals SE is giving the middle finger to?

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-04-22 00:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say the games access is so much better for choosing to come back. And like a lot of people who returned there is always a ls home for you and getting caught up is easier then ever. I personally came back from trying 14 out and hated it all it has is a story line in my opinion. 14 to me didn't have the same soul as ffxi. So my vote for your situation is all for returning to vanadeil. Excitement and adventure and a abundance of content is here for you as well as amazing story line.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Exavion
Server: Ragnarok
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-04-22 00:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

This game is great and while 14 is fun it lacks the adventure that only FFXI can offer. It may be old but this game is one of a kind especially in today's world of MMO.

All of the quality of life changes have turned the game into what it always should have been. Mainly referring to things like increased base movement speed, home point warps, and many many other minor things that were pointless and irritating.
[+]
By Voren 2014-04-22 01:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I came back only to take another break.

I had an old LS mate that was on my friend list and in matter of seconds he contacted his new LS sack holder and I was off and running with a new LS full of talkative people that joked and enjoyed the game.

If you're as lucky as I was then you'll be fine. From what I've seen so far the people that are still playing FFXI are the ones that have been playing for a while and during that time have been through all the ups and downs one can possibly imagine. I've seen fewer egotistical people and more friendly people than ever before. I think FFXIV helped to weed out those that played to get theirs and everyone else be damned, or at least I'd like to think so.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-04-22 01:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

There is more to do than ever before, and the developers are regularly adding more ways for people to do content with small groups or even solo. A linkshell isn't necessary if you don't want one. The best thing in the game is taking on good challenges with good people. If you do return, take your time getting back in. Don't feel like you gotta "catch up" to seize opportunities; nothing in this game is going to pass you by forever.

Even if they don't seem like it, everyone is willing to make new friends. You're bound to run into people. Talk to people you bump into when you're in the middle of nowhere, they could turn out to be the best bud you make. I'd recommend against begging for help all the time though, cuz while most people are willing to help, you really oughta try keeping things challenging when you can, and you can only ask so much of people who are trying to have their own fun. Get lost in the new areas, pick fights with monsters you know you can't take, screw around on a job you forgot about. The penalties for failure are smaller than they've ever been. Try to remember how you felt about the vastness of the game when you started for the very first time.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-04-22 04:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

try /yelling once or twice that youre a returning player. i like to give them 500k and point them in the direction of RoE content when i see shouts like this. im sure people on other servers do the same.
By Sieha1 2014-04-22 19:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Inference said: »
If you were a casual then you might be ok coming back as long as you realize 80% of the content is not for you.

Because with BCs that have five different difficulty settings, scaling Delve HP, and the ilvl update which turns people with Eminent weapons into super man, it's the casuals SE is giving the middle finger to?

Why yes you understand it perfectly. For other people, I will explain.

If you play only a few nights a week and only a few hours at a time, you are screwed with trying to keep up with the current content. The only exception to this is the above to categories. Elite with Elite friends or parties of mules or duuuuurrrrr that ride along with someone else that is Elite.
 Sylph.Shipp
user: Shipp
By Sylph.Shipp 2014-04-26 07:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Inference said: »

Yeah... back when SoA launched, I'd agree with that guy. I just came back last month and without even touching delve yet, I've spark geared out several jobs, have done some of the SKBCNMs and am about to dip my toes into the delve pond, with plenty of other stuff to do. My char also has finished all the boxed expacs, yet I still have other things to do.

Yes, there is plenty of reason to come back, and with the new spark gear and trust npcs, you can at last get up to soloing some reives which required multiple people a year ago.

There is buffer between ultra abyssea gimped and hardcore endgamer now. The spark gear fills that gap and allows you to at least progress a bit if you didn't catch the initial delve train. That's the reason I quit last year. Couldn't play for a couple months and when I came back, couldn't delve without gear from delve. That is fixed now.

Sieha, this game hasn't been hardcore since CoP. Even then, it was just time consuming. Sure there are derps, but there always has been. None of the mechanics in this game are hard, and that person was right. There are a lot of options for someone coming back. There aren't just 2 categories of either derps or good players. The faux-eletism in a 12 year old game is funny though, so please do continue.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-04-26 08:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Why yes you understand it perfectly. For other people, I will explain.

If you play only a few nights a week and only a few hours at a time, you are screwed with trying to keep up with the current content. The only exception to this is the above to categories. Elite with Elite friends or parties of mules or duuuuurrrrr that ride along with someone else that is Elite.

This is MMORPG, what do you expect? Play only a few nights a week and be able to "done" with MMO to quit with everyone else? Sorry but I've never heard of any MMO that you can keep up with casual play, unless it's about to shut down or use pay to win model. MMO isn't suppose to be play a few nights a week and finish then quit, it's supposed to have lots of content to keep players around.
[+]
By Airrin 2014-04-26 09:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

This is MMORPG, what do you expect? Play only a few nights a week and be able to "done" with MMO to quit with everyone else? Sorry but I've never heard of any MMO that you can keep up with casual play.

FFXIV: ARR
 Bahamut.Demoncard
Server: Bahamut
user: Demoncard
By Bahamut.Demoncard 2014-04-26 12:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Herthabsc said: »
Got some(...)decent gear

Most of it will be useless now.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-04-26 18:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Airrin said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »

This is MMORPG, what do you expect? Play only a few nights a week and be able to "done" with MMO to quit with everyone else? Sorry but I've never heard of any MMO that you can keep up with casual play.

FFXIV: ARR

You don't really "finish" ARR with casual play either. I know plenty of people spent more than 3 months in game and still haven't get a job to 50, and they've been saying ARR has "lots of content" for them.

If a MMO that can be finished for those ppl, all the avg and hardcore MMO player gonna quit faster.
 Bahamut.Demoncard
Server: Bahamut
user: Demoncard
By Bahamut.Demoncard 2014-04-27 06:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

karusanyoshi said: »
Not really - in fact a variety of gear is more useful than it has ever been.

Old AF and Relic armors that have been unused for years are revived in the 109 fights, emp+2 from abyssea has plenty of use, in addition to many gear choices from delve/skirmish/sparks.
They didn't have sparks gear or reforged af in 2012.

The base relic and artifact armours will be useless to him unless he manages to upgrade them, which is improbable if all he has to run battlefields in is Empyrean armour and older macro pieces, most of which will be obsolete.

Farming sparks to get gear will take him much longer than you and I, who already have gear.

The only way he'll get these things is if he can find someone to carry him until he can get them.
 Asura.Originalkord
Server: Asura
user: rocs42
By Asura.Originalkord 2014-04-27 07:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Demoncard said: »

Old AF and Relic armors that have been unused for years are revived in the 109 fights, emp+2 from abyssea has plenty of use, in addition to many gear choices from delve/skirmish/sparks.

The base relic and artifact armours will be useless to him unless he manages to upgrade them, which is improbable if all he has to run battlefields in is Empyrean armour and older macro pieces, most of which will be obsolete.

Farming sparks to get gear will take him much longer than you and I, who already have gear.

The only way he'll get these things is if he can find someone to carry him until he can get them.

Farming sparks won't really take very long...especially once they release abyssea RoE things.
 Ragnarok.Tatsiki
user: Hinamori
By Ragnarok.Tatsiki 2014-04-27 08:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Originalkord said: »

Farming sparks won't really take very long...especially once they release abyssea RoE things.

I bet it'll only be like...20 sparks per trial to avoid people abusing Abyssea even further...

Post deleted by User.
By Wordspoken 2014-04-27 09:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You seem to have forgotten that you get 3x bonus for doing a spark objective for the first time. There are plenty of RoE objectives which require almost nothing to be cleared and give you enoug spark for eminent wpn+some gear (if not 5/5 outright).
By fonewear 2014-04-27 10:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Short answer no long answer yes with a but...
 Sylph.Shipp
user: Shipp
By Sylph.Shipp 2014-04-27 10:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

After 10ish hours in aby farming dark rings and refresh pin, I made 35-40k sparks from the repeatable 500 damage roe. You're also forgetting the one time quests that give a ton of sparks for just opening up jobs.

Within one day of coming back, I had a full wayfarer set and the staff. A month later and I've cleared over 100 unique RoE quests, have three sets of spark gear, various weapons, the smn satchet, the potential to buy the rest of the spark gear, and am more than capable of soloing VE SKBCNM on Bst for papers to upgrade reforged gear if I can't get in a party.

It's really more accessible now than in 2012 since spark gear easily allows you to solo things in aby for remaining upgrades that may have been too difficult to solo back then.

They also changed a lot of vanilla HNMs like roc and whatnot to spawn every 2+ hours instead of 24. Those are really soloable even without spark gear or eminent weapons and give a ton of sparks for the one-time RoE quests.