Forum » FFXI » General » Returning player question
Returning player question
 Fenrir.Kelkuno
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Kelkuno
By Fenrir.Kelkuno 2014-04-21 10:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So I recently returned to FFXI after a few years break because a friend of mine got it to start from scratch. I came back to help him out a bit and experience Seekers. I was always a mostly casual player so I never did a ton of endgame content, but I always had the pipe dream of obtaining a relic or mythic type weapon. Kind of just to say I did it. I tend to be a completionist about games and it would be cool to check that off my list.

Anyway, I was hoping to try to work on one of these weapons this time around and I was hoping to get some friendly advice as to what might be the best one to shoot for. My main jobs are DRG and DNC, so I would like to work on something for either of those. Again, I still tend to play more or less casually so something that I could slowly chip away at solo or duo would be awesome. I apologize for the ignorance of this post if there are weapons that are way better than these by now. Not really familiar with some of the newer content. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Devdas
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Devdas
By Phoenix.Devdas 2014-04-21 16:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Both the dancer and the dragoon mythic are very good and worth it. I'm not sure how good Gugnir is still but I imagine it's not bad... but overall if you want to work on a pipe dream item go for a mythic for either job.