New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Red Mage enfeebling sets
Red Mage enfeebling sets
First Page 2
By Ophannus 2014-04-20 12:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've been working on my RDM for the past 2 weeks and have been amassing current gear to try out RDM in DM and new fights. I was psyched on all the new stuff I got and felt confident I'd be extremely accurate given that the build is basically chock full of acc and stuff. I was severely disappointed. Even with the following gear set for Para/Slow, I'd say my spells were still resisted about 60-70% of the time. I guess we really do need to rely on GEO or COR for m.acc buffs or m.eva debuffs because current high tier content m.eva is ludicrously high.

This is what I'm using for Para/Slow, granted I can make a few upgrades but none that are *significant*(I know that new Chausble is the best enfeeb body but it's not drastically better than RF AF+1 Tabard)

ItemSet 322665
Lehbrailg is augmented with M.acc+25, Artsieq Hose is upgraded for +20m.acc
5/5 Para
3/5 Slow II

Ice Merits: 3/5
Wind Merits: 5/5
Earth Merits: 4/5
(Maxed Wind since Para and Slow gain acc from Tier II merit upgrades but Gravity and Silence do not)

Granted I could improve this set by a 3-4 m.acc here and there and a few int/mnd there but I don't think that would drastically improve my enfeebling hit rate from 20-30% up to over 50%. By comparison I think a melee using a FULL ALL ACC build would still hit bosses in Difficult at least 70% of the time unbuffed but using a FULL ALL M.ACC build on RDM and I only land enfeebles 20-30% of the time. Targets were AA in Difficult Divine Might btw.

Gear I know I need to strive for:
Aureole
Ischemia Chausuble
Ogapepo Cape +1
Lehbrailg+2 with 25m.acc with +7MND
Ovate Rope
 Ragnarok.Tokuzi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Bodille
By Ragnarok.Tokuzi 2014-04-20 13:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lurid mitts comes to my mind in hands slots
Also Maquette Ring replaces aquasoul is better option, u have to make 3 sets for enfeebling builds.. IND acc , MND acc .. and MND/INT potency.. depends on your ineventory xD

I recommend that you see this guy's page for item set
Demonjustin from phoenix
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-20 13:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What subjob are you using? I had a lot of accuracy issues while /whm or /blm that I don't have /sch with storms. It's a lot to juggle and makes impact impossible, but I'd say it increased my land rates by a solid 20% and drastically decreased my partial resists.
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-20 13:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Mythic rdm or gtfo :P
By Ophannus 2014-04-20 13:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

/SCH tried with Klima and storms but didnt help much. I actually had better luck just /BLMing and using ES+Saboteur for spells and having COR Random Deal me.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-04-20 13:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't really know what's optimal so i'll just post whatever sets i'm using at the moment:

Full MND potency:
ItemSet 322666

-R15 B Staff

Max Accuracy
ItemSet 322667

-28 M. Acc Cuffs
-26. M. Acc Pants
 Sylph.Lumei
Server: Sylph
user: LumineV2
By Sylph.Lumei 2014-05-16 14:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe that this set includes all the greatest (non-mythic lol) magic accuracy/enfeebling magic skill gear currently available. It's what I'm striving for, at any rate.

ItemSet 323734

Lehbrailg +2 would ideally have magic accuracy +20~28 on it.
Mes'yohi slacks are rad even without the day element bonus, but have an absurd +45 m.acc when you do have it.

If that seems excessive for the situation, then aureole, ogapepo cape, ovate rope, and/or the rings could likely be swapped for potency gear.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [62 days between previous and next post]
By Anjou 2014-07-18 01:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

For enfeebs would the levi rings +1 be the best option now?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
Server: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2014-07-21 06:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

stupid one, maybe but who win in pure enfee landing ?

with boost from nakual WSR Macc + 45

between :

with rank 15 => macc+15 + 13 mnd.

So in fact who win

magic accuracy skill + 177 ; macc+45 VS magic accuracy skill + 228 ; macc +15
By Pantafernando 2014-07-21 06:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lehbrailg+2 with macc>22 suposing no mnd augments also (1 mnd is 0.5 macc iirc?)
 Ragnarok.Evalyn
By Ragnarok.Evalyn 2014-08-01 13:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »
stupid one, maybe but who win in pure enfee landing ?

with boost from nakual WSR Macc + 45

between :

with rank 15 => macc+15 + 13 mnd.

So in fact who win

magic accuracy skill + 177 ; macc+45 VS magic accuracy skill + 228 ; macc +15

It's not always one stat you want to take into consideration when choosing a piece of armor. If you're looking at overall stats, Twebuliij would be the definite way to go, especially with augments. But if you're subbed /BLM, you could keep the Baqil Staff as a macro piece (If you're into that.)
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2014-08-01 14:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely a Lehbrailg +2 with M.Acc augment like Pantafernando said.

Of those two options though, the Twebuliij.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-01 15:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Lehbrailg+2 with macc>22 suposing no mnd augments also (1 mnd is 0.5 macc iirc?)

Depends on mob level/stats. MND/INT could be 1:1 with Macc if the target it high level.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-08-01 16:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Top two are Magic Accuracy, bottom two are Potency.

ItemSet 307822
ItemSet 307823
ItemSet 299220
ItemSet 299227

Murgleis/Genbu's has 258~282 Magic Accuracy for all Enfeebling spells.
Lehbrailg +2/Meph Grip has 244~280 Magic Accuracy for all Enfeebling spells.
Twebuliij R15 B/Meph Grip has 265.5~278 Magic Accuracy for MND based spells and 261~269 Magic Accuracy for INT based spells.

Each of these are determined by MND/INT of you and the target. The higher the target's MND/INT is the more effect MND/INT will have since once theirs is above yours each MND/INT contributes 1 MAcc rather than .5 MAcc. For Mythic Aftermath matters as well due to it having a MAcc Aftermath.

In general, on high MND/INT targets the best option is a Lehbrailg +2 with 30 MAcc on it. When fighting something with high MEVA & lower MND/INT or you're able to get 180+ TP, you want to use Mythic. If you are unable to get a good Augment on Lehbrailg +2 and have no Mythic then Twebuliij is your best bet.
 Ragnarok.Evalyn
By Ragnarok.Evalyn 2014-08-04 23:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
Top two are Magic Accuracy, bottom two are Potency.

ItemSet 307822
ItemSet 307823
ItemSet 299220
ItemSet 299227

Murgleis/Genbu's has 258~282 Magic Accuracy for all Enfeebling spells.
Lehbrailg +2/Meph Grip has 244~280 Magic Accuracy for all Enfeebling spells.
Twebuliij R15 B/Meph Grip has 265.5~278 Magic Accuracy for MND based spells and 261~269 Magic Accuracy for INT based spells.

Each of these are determined by MND/INT of you and the target. The higher the target's MND/INT is the more effect MND/INT will have since once theirs is above yours each MND/INT contributes 1 MAcc rather than .5 MAcc. For Mythic Aftermath matters as well due to it having a MAcc Aftermath.

In general, on high MND/INT targets the best option is a Lehbrailg +2 with 30 MAcc on it. When fighting something with high MEVA & lower MND/INT or you're able to get 180+ TP, you want to use Mythic. If you are unable to get a good Augment on Lehbrailg +2 and have no Mythic then Twebuliij is your best bet.

Leviathan Rings +1 and Shiva Rings +1 aren't the easiest thing to get. These are some substitutes. They may not be the best thing, but they can suffice, especially for newly starting players or RDMs on a tight budget, or anyone on a tight budget, for that matter. Some of them are R/EX, but they're fairly easy to farm too. This is in reference to the potency sets, btw.

------------
MND BUILD
------------

A good substitute (until you can get the Leviathan Rings +1) for Leviathan Rings +1 are:
Perception Ring (MND +2, M. Accuracy +6)
Aquasoul Ring (DEX -3, MND +7, Enhances "Resist Virus" effect)

You're getting the same magic accuracy out of the part, but only half the MND, which is certainly lacking, but it's something until you can upgrade to the better rings.

or
Aquasoul Ring (DEX -3, MND +7, Enhances "Resist Virus" effect)

You're going to lose the magic accuracy, but in return you're getting nearly the same amount of MND, where you get +14 from two Aquasoul Rings and +18 from two Leviathan Rings +1.

or
(NQ) Leviathan Rings x2 (MND +8, Element: Water +15)

I'd personally go for either above rings, especially if you're looking to save money for the Leviathan Rings +1, just because you're losing more by using these. They're a great option for stacking MND upon MND, but you're not getting the magic accuracy out of them (Like you would in the first MND ring set of Perception Ring and Aquasoul Ring) and they're really expensive for only getting +2 more MND out of them. The Element: Water +15 can come in handy, but whatever floats your boat!

------------
INT BUILD
------------

A good substitute for Shiva Rings +1 are:
Strendu Ring (M. Accuracy +2, MAB +4)
Galdr Ring (INT +6, MAB +1)

You'll get nearly the same MAB, +5 MAB whereas off of the Shiva Ring +1 you'd get +6 MAB (If that's part of what you're looking for on the rings.) and a little under half of the INT you'd get off of the Shiva Rings +1, 6 INT, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.

or
Galdr Ring (INT +6, MAB +1)
Icesoul Ring (STR -3, INT +7, Enhances "Resist Silence" effect)

You're not getting nearly as much MAB, little to nothing in fact, but it's something. You're also getting +13 INT, which is almost as much as the +18 you'd get on the Shiva Rings +1. The enhanced "Resist Silence" effect is a bonus, too.

or
Icesoul Ring x2 (STR -3, INT +7, Enhances "Resist Silence" effect)

This is basically the same as above, except you're losing double the strength (Which doesn't really matter since you're building an INT enfeebling set.) and you're losing the +1 MAB in return for one added status point of INT to gain +14 INT overall. You're also doubling the "Resist Silence" effect, which is extremely nice in some cases. This can also be nice if you don't have time to farm Strendu or Galdr Ring.

Lastly,
(NQ) Shiva Ring x2 (INT +8, Element: Ice +15)

Personally, I wouldn't go for this. You'd save a lot of money siding for the Icesoul Rings, which in return, you're only losing 2 points of INT (Having two Shiva Rings would give you 16 INT.) and you're getting the added bonus of resist silence, which comes in handy. The +15 Element: Ice can come in handy, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

------------

I hope this helps someone who can't quite afford HQ Leviathan or Shiva Rings yet! :)
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-08-04 23:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Since INT enfeebles are (all?) just a set potency, you can just use whatever has the highest +macc for those.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-05 00:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Since INT enfeebles are (all?) just a set potency, you can just use whatever has the highest +macc for those.

Blind is the only INT variable potency I know of, everything else is fixed, and blind isn't really worth casting on anything you bring RDM to unless it's something like Pieste, which you just want it to stick anyway.

I don't bother with an INT potency set, I really don't bother with a MND potency set unless I'm playing generic mage role, like difficult SKC's and whatnot. You're probably going to want to use an accuracy focused set for anything you would bring RDM to.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-08-05 02:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

INT Potency isn't really necessary, I only have it because I'm obsessive. The new spells do have variables for potency so far as I know due to a post about the spells SE made, which if I recall said they depend on MND. Mind you that contradicts the white/black magic paradigms we know of so far and means an INT Potency set is still just as useless. Either way, Blind is INT Potency, the new spells might be INT, might be MND, or might just be static. Unless someone feels like testing that out, I'd say just keep going with INT Accuracy.

In the end though I wouldn't really give up on MND Potency. Slow, Paralyze, Addle, (and potentially the new spells) all depend on MND for their potency. If you're trying to land any of these spells you most of the time with a good set can land them even on harder content. Delve II NMs for example I am able to land basically any enfeeble even with potency gear. The exception of course being something like Paralyze on the kitty which won't happen regardless of your set. So~ I'd still keep that one in if you care much about the actual affect of your spells.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-05 03:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I know, distract and frazzle are both fixed potency.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-08-05 03:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the post I was talking about. To be specific it says...

Akihiko_Matsui said:
The effect for Distract II and Frazzle II will increase depending on how much MND and enfeebling magic skill you have. At the maximum, each spell will reduce physical evasion and magical damage, respectively, by 50.

Which simply goes against everything I've come to know about Enfeebling Magic, as well as these spells. Skill has no effect on potency, only accuracy. MND is for white magic, INT is for black magic. These spells are fixed potency and have no variables involved in it. So~ take that post for what you will, since I've no idea how they work and am too busy/lazy to test it, I'm content with my INT Accuracy set for now. If anyone figures it out though I'd love to know, and don't forget to note it on the BG pages~!
 Ragnarok.Exavion
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-08-05 04:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

What the hell?! Something seems off about this.

Either Matsui-san slipped up and meant INT or they placed it under the wrong magic category?

If they want to start this hybrid ***they might as well make a Red Magic category. I guess this is the first new enfeebling magic that was native to RDM so it could be something like INTACC/MNDPotency.
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-08-05 06:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »

Blind is the only INT variable potency I know of, everything else is fixed, and blind isn't really worth casting on anything you bring RDM to unless it's something like Pieste, which you just want it to stick anyway.

I'm pretty sure I remember reading a SE response that said only Slow and Para had potency effects based on stats. The response was to someone asking about poison potency, and they went on to mention that blind did not benefit from more Int. I'll see if I can find the post, but their search features are lacking so badly. XD
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-08-05 06:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Blind would be easy to test via /checkparam & ballista wouldn't it? :x
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-08-05 06:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep. Get to it Mr. Rdm. :P

Trolled around for that post but I couldn't find it, almost wondering if it was removed. I found multiple member posts eluding to it (increasing the damage of poison) but the dev post itself isn't anywhere to be found. <.< I wanna say it was in one of the varied Blu or Rdm threads, posted sometime in early May.
By waffle 2014-08-05 10:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The dev post was made on March 27th of this year. And yes, it referenced that they were looking into adjusting poison dmg so it would increase with ilevel. Obviously that hasn't happened.

However the post confirmed that addle and blind potency have fixed potency. The only variable potency debuffs in enfeebling magic appear to be para, slow, distract and frazzle. SE has said that all four of those are variable, and that all are affected by dMND. I'm not sure what to make of skill factoring into distract and frazzle potency, but that might mean it's best to emphasize skill over straight macc for those two spells at least.

An INT potency set would be useful for elemental debuffs if you were /blm I suppose. Assuming you could land them ok.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-08-05 11:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

waffle said: »
The only variable potency debuffs in enfeebling magic appear to be para, slow, distract and frazzle. SE has said that all four of those are variable, and that all are affected by dMND. I'm not sure what to make of skill factoring into distract and frazzle potency, but that might mean it's best to emphasize skill over straight macc for those two spells at least.
Akihiko_Matsui said:
The effect for Distract II and Frazzle II will increase depending on how much MND and enfeebling magic skill you have. At the maximum, each spell will reduce physical evasion and magical damage, respectively, by 50.

SE also confirmed that the spells cap out at -50 as well, so if you are already doing -50 Evasion/Magic Evasion with base effects from Ditsract II/Frazzle II than more potency means jack. All you care about after that is making sure you can land it, and items like estoqueur's sayon +2 and Uk'uxkaj boots that actually break the hard cap of 50.

The -50 cap seems like it must be pretty easy to hit as well, since pretty the first tests after they were released seemed to be confirming -50 Evasion right off the bat for Distract II.

I think I'd be pretty safe to assume that Frazzle II mirrors Distract II as far as what it takes to hit 50, so if you can hit -50 on Distract II, you are more than likely -50 on Frazzle II as well.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-08-05 16:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What did people use to test that -50 though? I know people figured out it was -50 pretty fast but I figured it was using an easy mob who's EVA is known or PvP against a naked player. Neither of which would provide any sort of high MND/INT that would make the potency move away from cap. ;x
By playzthegame 2014-08-05 17:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I seem to remember some clever guy testing some enfeebles using RDM/BST. I think you can enfeeble the mob, charm it and use /checkparam <pet> to see what the evasion is on distract at least.
First Page 2