Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI Steam
FFXI Steam
By Yuukari 2014-04-19 19:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

For some reason I can't get my product key from the steam client, it keeps saying that it failed to contact the key server. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I've contacted Steam already but they aren't replying to my question and it's been over 5 hours, I am hoping to god I did not just blow 40 dollars...
By Jetackuu 2014-04-19 19:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I still haven't been able to understand why people buy this on Steam instead of like Amazon, but I guess I'm just an Amazon junkie and don't like extra bloat for the same game...

Did you not already have an account?

edit: granted I bought 1 set of codes off steam awhile back to use when I made my gf's (now my 3rd) account, as it was just the cheapest place to get all the expansions+add ons, so I can understand, but I never had that problem, sounds like you'll just have to wait for their support, keep bugging them. That and it's the weekend, and a semi-holiday one at that.
By Aomrep 2014-04-19 19:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you get it figured out? My buddy is having the exact same issue.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-19 20:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You shouldn't need your keys at all if you have your SE account linked, you can download the software on any computer (even a torrent version if you're so inclined) and login like normal without ever messing with a product key. If you need the key in order to link it for some reason, or just purchased an expansion, steam used to put the key in the email receipt for your purchase.
By Yuukari 2014-04-19 22:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanted the codes to start dual boxing, since it was a full SoA package and everything. But NOPE, the key server wanted to be a jerk and not respond and is still not responding. FML