How Many Old Schooler's Are Left?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How many old schooler's are left?
How many old schooler's are left?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Siren.Robthunder
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Robthunder 2014-04-21 10:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I have it written down somewhere, I think in my old Brady Games strategy guide for FFXI the actual date I started, but it was sometime in June of 2004 and I've been playing ever since. Never quit (but did have lapses of a few months where I couldn't get on). I love it almost as much today as I did back then lol. Although, back then all I did was mine and HATED exping. And I LOVED camping HNMs even though i hardly ever claimed any.... it was still fun.

Anyway, I mostly play on PC now and like I've always said, I'll never quit until they stop supporting the game and am forced to quit.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-21 10:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Robthunder said: »
I have it written down somewhere, I think in my old Brady Games strategy guide for FFXI the actual date I started, but it was sometime in June of 2004 and I've been playing ever since. Never quit (but did have lapses of a few months where I couldn't get on). I love it almost as much today as I did back then lol. Although, back then all I did was mine and HATED exping. And I LOVED camping HNMs even though i hardly ever claimed any.... it was still fun.

Anyway, I mostly play on PC now and like I've always said, I'll never quit until they stop supporting the game and am forced to quit.

This is how I was able to afford my first pair of Leaping Boots and Emp Hairpin. I practically lived in Ifrit's Cauldron mining Adaman Ores. Of course, back then those ores fetched upwards of 120k each.

Good times.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-04-21 11:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Started pretty much at NA launch, the days gone by I recall the na ps2 launch the event to unlock outpost warps. My first 4 hour kirin using spirits within yeah the good old days lol...
 Asura.Reichleiu
Server: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-04-21 11:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Robthunder said: »

You and me both.

Back on topic...

I received this game on my 14th birthday, April 26, 2003. Here I am, 5 days from my 25th birthday and FFXI is still a big part of my life. Most people will never understand, but I've come to accept that and it's fine with me.

Here's to another great 11 years!!!
By Rethem 2014-04-21 14:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Been on Siren since PC launch, tho I was on and off a few times for various breaks. Still a few of us around!
 Ragnarok.Tatsiki
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hinamori
By Ragnarok.Tatsiki 2014-04-21 14:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I just joined yesterday~!
[+]
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2014-04-21 14:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Would you believe me if I said they had about 6 of those in the video game display at Wal-Mart here in town?

Anyways, I started on PS2 when CoP was released. :x
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2014-04-21 15:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Triet said: »
Would you believe me if I said they had about 6 of those in the video game display at Wal-Mart here in town?

I'd honestly beg you to grab one for me and send it to me, I don't know how.much It's worth but I'd like it just for nostalgia.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-21 15:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Triet said: »

Presently still for sale? Wow.. :o
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2014-04-21 23:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

(was time for work sorry for slow reply) But yeah, when I saw them I had to do a double-take. xD Going to Wal-Mart tomorrow will check and make sure it wasn't a dream or anything. lol
By marivell 2014-04-22 00:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Early 2004 but had to take 2 breaks for taking care of 2 wonderful children ;)

I think the game changed a lot, but it's still something dear to me; friends, new and old ones, those who left and those who are repeatedly coming back...

No matter what people may say, when I look back, I think FFXI has been very important to a lot of ppl, and is still in 2014 a good game to share with others :)
[+]
By Voren 2014-04-22 01:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I started in 2010 (I know, far from old school, but bear with me) and got into an LS filled with people who had been on since NA launch.

I was helped through CoP by a few and got to hear tales of hugging walls to avoid sharks, massive wipes due to UFO drops, and the sheer hell of the final fight. My fight was piss easy by comparison.

Some of the stories I laughed so hard I wiped and had to restart. Some stories made me thank my lucky stars I was an Gen-aby player so I could pass through a portion of content without the same annoyances, however, I also regretted not having played back then to be able to have the same stories.

Hats off to you old schoolers, next round of beer's on me.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Minivict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Minivict 2014-04-22 02:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Made first char in 05 got banned in 07 and here I am 7 years later with some breaks inbetween..impossible to quit always end up coming back dam drug lol
 Asura.Aaliana
Server: Asura
user: edster105
By Asura.Aaliana 2014-04-22 04:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

September 2004 is where it all started for me. Didn't have a clue about the game at first but was instantly hooked. Aside from a couple of breaks for 2-3 months each I've been playing all this time. To put into context in real life terms: Ive been engaged, split up and sold house, bought new house, met new girl and had a baby boy now :D
 Valefor.Calais
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Calais 2014-04-22 10:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I started right after the PS2 NA release, the HDD expansion and all. Been off and on for years and just recently came back a few weeks ago to start playing again.

Great game, hard to give it up after all these years.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2014-04-22 14:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I started end of 2003/beginning 2004. I still have my original discs, and the main starter package had up to The Rise of the Zilart included, but not CoP as that hadn't been released yet. Not sure if I should be proud of that...or embarrassed of a 10 year ball-and-chain lol.

I don't play like I used to though. Back then I could be in game for 16-18 hours straight. Now it is more of a stress reliever after a long day at work, where I just log in to check plants, craft, farm sparks & capacity points, etc.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2014-04-23 16:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

December 2003 for me and not a single break FML.....been playing with the same people for 9-10 years now.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2014-04-23 17:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

April 2004 on PS2 later "upgraded" to Xbox then actually upgraded to PC for SOA. No breaks longer than a week throughout.
 Bahamut.Kornrod
Server: Bahamut
user: kornrod
By Bahamut.Kornrod 2014-04-23 17:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

august 2004 started on ps2 went to pc with launch of ToAU. still on bahamut
 Sylph.Shipp
Server: Sylph
user: Shipp
By Sylph.Shipp 2014-04-23 20:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

NA PS2 launch.
By mrkaze 2014-04-24 01:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Started out on Fairy @ EU launch, quit after I had completed TOAU, 7 year break then came back a couple of months ago, same charactor was still there, switched to Asura for an EU LS, loving it!
 Ragnarok.Malaek
user: Malik
By Ragnarok.Malaek 2014-04-25 10:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Started launch of NA ps2, Malik of Caitsith.
Stopped playing a little while after we were merged with rag. (Lost my name to someone who hadn't played since '09. :(

Anyways, just wanted to let all you old caitsith players know I miss you, it was fun. :)
By Zeota 2014-04-25 17:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

NA PC launch. Played on and off for several months thereafter, but certain parts of the game rubbed me the wrong way and I quit at the jungles. Decided to give the game another shot around the time of WotG release and have been here ever since, apart from a few breaks. The most recent being almost a year around the time of SoA launch.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2014-05-05 20:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Draugo was created about a month after the NA PC release, never been banned, hacked, or name stolen. Not that my gearzors have ever been worth snatching heh.

Anyway off and on ever since, volunteered to leave Bahamut for some reason during the first migration ever, to Remora, saw the last day of Remora, ended up on Leviathan, etc...

Gonna be back haunting the dungeons I think in a few weeks. Yee haw....
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2014-05-05 22:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Been playing since October 29th, 2003. I've taken some breaks here and there, but never more than a couple months at a time.

Edit: Also, been on Quetzalcoatl the whole time.
 Lakshmi.Bounci
Server: Lakshmi
user: susan1983
By Lakshmi.Bounci 2014-05-27 16:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

NA PC launch still going lol... You can say you will quit but not really.. alway's go back it's like an addicting drug
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
user: Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2014-05-27 16:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You can tell when you started playing by the dates you registered your expansions.

You can tell I took a 2 year break lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox
By Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox 2014-05-28 05:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I've still got the PS2 beta stuff somewhere lol