Sony Sells 9.5 Million Shares Of Square Enix

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Sony Sells 9.5 Million Shares of Square Enix
Sony Sells 9.5 Million Shares of Square Enix
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-18 15:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Refia1 said: »
ok plz show me the data that ffxi doesn't bring more revenue in then it uses? lolz you are nuts man. It doesn't matter if im excited or not, you simply do not know what they are capable of. EA just acquired the Star wars games actually, not disney. So you see, that is one example.

while it's likely that FFXI makes more than it costs, which isn't a difficult feat considering how little it should cost to maintain... how much do you seriously think it pulls in? I would be surprised if the revenue from XI would be capable of maintaining a single FFXIV data center, let alone keep their entire company afloat.
[+]
By Refia1 2014-04-18 15:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
ok plz show me the data that ffxi doesn't bring more revenue in then it uses? lolz you are nuts man. It doesn't matter if im excited or not, you simply do not know what they are capable of. EA just acquired the Star wars games actually, not disney. So you see, that is one example.

while it's likely that FFXI makes more than it costs, which isn't a difficult feat considering how little it should cost to maintain... how much do you seriously think it pulls in? I would be surprised if the revenue from XI would be capable of maintaining a single FFXIV data center, let alone keep their entire company afloat.

sry why is this relevant? I don't matter either way about FFXI, the point remains the same. I never said it would keep their company afloat, it dont matter if they are alive or not. The game will continue with or without the brand Square Enix.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-18 15:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt it, because no other company (outside of like a Korean one or something) would see it as a worthwhile venture.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-18 15:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

ok i get you man, but my point is, it dont matter who own the game. It dont matter if SE dies, the games will continue. They will be in the same manner because the parent company will not be dumb enough to completely change the games that worked, no company have ever done this from a sale. So please realize my facts here. OP has made his thread to suggest these game will die -,-

That's the 3rd time you've referenced what was a joke. Please re-read responses to your threads.

Even if SE determined it was financially incapable of sustaining FFXI, sufficient notice would most likely be given to the player base, particularly due to my aforementioned relic comment, or any other time-consuming event that people are in the middle of working on.

Your reference to another entity buying Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd may or may not hypothetically play out the way you think. How long were store shelves barren of Hostess products before another buyer brought Twinkies back?
[+]
By Refia1 2014-04-18 15:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

That makes 0 sense, it pulls more profit than its costs so it is a sound investment. It can even go Free to play, you seem to have it out for ffxi lolz it dont matter if its ffxi or ffxiv. The facts are the same XD
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-18 15:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It makes no sense to believe FFXI will keep going if SE goes poof, or Everquest. 14 maybe, depending if there's debt involved and if the new company can keep the team.
By Refia1 2014-04-18 15:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It makes no sense to believe FFXI will keep going if SE goes poof, or Everquest. 14 maybe, depending if there's debt involved and if the new company can keep the team.

what? and what basis do you have for this claim? The game pulls net profit for the company, why would anyone let that fail? u realize even old silly game like runescapes is online? XD
By fonewear 2014-04-18 15:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't always take business advice but when I do it is on internet forums.
By Refia1 2014-04-18 15:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt it, because no other company (outside of like a Korean one or something) would see it as a worthwhile venture.

they will buy the IP, final fantasy and it include FFXI and FFXIV. if they see fit to terminate it, they will but my projections seem to note otherwise.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-18 15:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to pay a department for it. It's not just electric bills. It's news to you that when a company -of any kind- gets eaten by another a lot of stuff gets cut?
By Refia1 2014-04-18 15:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
You need to pay a department for it. It's not just electric bills. It's news to you that when a company -of any kind- gets eaten by another a lot of stuff gets cut?

You are basing this off personal opinion, the game brings net profit there is no other projection for the future aside from that. If it fails to do so, the parent company will terminate it. We have no indication of that at this time lol
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-18 15:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That makes 0 sense, it pulls more profit than its costs so it is a sound investment. It can even go Free to play, you seem to have it out for ffxi lolz it dont matter if its ffxi or ffxiv. The facts are the same XD

Do you have any idea what it means to acquire an IP? They'd have to pay licensing fees, setup costs, transfer fees... even ignoring all of that, do you think that people wouldn't jump ship due to this transfer? What if a company like Capcom buys it or something? They have no MMO experience and are notorious for ***business practices, do you think the game would go very far under their management?

I'm willing to wager a significant amount of funny money that most companies out there wouldn't even consider FFXI's profit stream as piss in a bucket, and therefor wouldn't even bother with these transferal woes as a direct result of that.

Fact of the matter is there is absolutely no guarantee, and indeed from a business standpoint there is a low chance, of FFXI actually being maintained by anyone after SE's death. If someone buys the Final Fantasy IP, it would be to make new games. Not keep life support going to old ones.
[+]
By Ravenn42 2014-04-18 15:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

you can't just sell the right to allow some 3rd party to run ffxi servers and than create your own FINAL FANTASY content 2 keep what subscription are left. They would need to buy the final fantasy franchise and that may or may not be something SE could even sell
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-18 15:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

No one would buy an old bird like XI bleeding subs and on its last legs largely with diehards like myself who feel some emotional attachment to the game. If SE were to sink, XI would sink along with it.

Now XIV would probably get snapped up though handing off an MMO between companies is generally never good. As SE isn't going anywhere this is all ultimately pointless.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-18 15:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You are basing this off personal opinion
I'm not the one who made bold claims.
By Refia1 2014-04-18 15:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravenn42 said: »

you can't just sell the right to allow some 3rd party to run ffxi servers and than create your own FINAL FANTASY content 2 keep what subscription are left. They would need to buy the final fantasy franchise and that may or may not be something SE could even sell

yes exactly, they buy the whole franchise and cherry pick which they will continue and terminate accordingly. Current situation suggest FFXI is profitable venture, i see no reason for termination if parent company obtains FF IP. The discussion about FFXI is pointless, we are speak on hypotheticals here, nobody has evidence to suggest ANY parent company would terminate FFXI. the only facts here are that it remains a net profit for current SE. To suggest termination from a buyer is simply bias from personal opinion and not relying on fact.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-18 15:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
As SE isn't going anywhere this is all ultimately pointless.

hopefully someone wakes up over there. I don't think any of us wants to see SE fail all together.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-18 15:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

XIV I could see living on much more likely than XI. It's newer, has a larger installed playerbase, and can be more easily advertised to modern markets.
By Refia1 2014-04-18 15:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Current projections suggest both games will continue. It is all speculations XD
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-18 15:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Something you already have. Keep it.

Something you don't have: will it pay me a lot of money?
->yes
invest on it.

->not really
don't bother, invest in something else.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-18 15:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

And not sure why everyone who disagrees with you is biased. Not like you have some objective data about this hypothetical future. Or even statements by other companies about the question.
By Refia1 2014-04-18 15:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sehachan, we have history to support the claim. Companies that buy IP like EA with Star Wars, they do not terminate what brings in net profit. u can easily see this with a quick google search and see they do not. The difference an MMO, it still will bring in net profit. I think we can just agree to disagree here??? or you want me agree that it will die? XD
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-18 15:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Star Wars isn't FFXI. FFXIV isn't FFXI.

FFXI is old and in steady decline(with occasional bursts due to *** -ie the great rme crisis), there isn't much to think about that.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-18 15:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You're still ignoring the fact that it won't make any profit whatsoever until it manages to overtake whatever cost they have to pay to acquire the IP and the ability to host an MMO. They'd have to hire the dev team, set up servers, perform the behind-the-scenes business that most of us don't pay attention to. That's all going to be expensive, unless you think that the Final Fantasy IP, one of the biggest names in gaming, is going to sell for a handful of beads and some carved bones.

Fact of the matter is that FFXI does not pull in the amount of money that would likely be required to offset the cost of reviving it. It would not be a reliable stream of revenue for a long time, and thus is not likely to be seen as a worthwhile investment.
[+]
By Refia1 2014-04-18 15:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

oook i think i will turn out of this discussion, there is too much personal bias. You ignore the facts and only assume on bias, it bring net profit so there is no reason to suggest otherwise, even for an old game (there are many old online game still in function ^^) ty for the fun discussion ^^ at least we agree ffxiv wont fail also XD
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-18 15:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It would not be a reliable stream of revenue for a long time, and thus is not likely to be seen as a worthwhile investment.
^^^^^^^^
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-18 15:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if you know what the term "net profit" means
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-18 15:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Only I am right and everyone else is biased XDDDDDDD
Okay.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-18 15:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Star Wars 1414 was cancelled upon disney buying lucasarts, EA was not involved in that decision. Not that I want to get involved in this dumb conversation.